Man Up!

Quit with the excuses and admit that ISU is actually playing at an equal level now. Enough of the "the officials sucked" and "we had all our stars injured" crap. I'm tired of hearing excuse after excuse from certain people who cannot admit that Iowa State, with their tacky little stadium, their puny little athletic budget, their USCesque uniforms and their silly little mix of one-star and walk on players are capable of playing football at Husker level.

Boo hoo...your "star" QB didn't play today. Bull...he looked perfectly able to play when he got in for the play where Green got his bell rung. Bo just didn't want to "waste" him on a lowly team like Iowa State. Anyway...what does it matter what with all the amazing recruits the Huskers have. Why, ISU is so pathetic you should have been able to pull a fan out of the audience and still win by 30! Heck, all he had to do was hand off the Helu and if he could slash MU for 300 yards, he should be able to run from Ames back to Lincoln without anybody laying a hand on him! And even if the offense sputtered, that fantastic defense should be able to force at least 10 safeties and hold the retarded ISU team to negative 100 yards...

Face it...ISU left 6 points and a victory on the board with the two missed field goals. The Huskers didn't win because of anything they did but because of two missed kicks and a limp wristed pass from a punter. ISU beat ISU...Nebraska had nothing to do with it. Our offense gave you two touchdowns with an unforced fumble and an interception. You were outplayed on both sides of the ball by a team that was, on the particular Saturday, clearly your equal. Statisically, frankly speaking, ISU crushed you. Facts are fact...just like the fact that last year we beat you with our second string QB, HB and half the defense down with the flu.

Knock off the attitude that it was everybody's fault that Saturday almost ended with a resounding thud in Ames. This team is not that good and ISU is not that bad.

Thank you for attending today's sermon...please drop some money in the collect plate on your way out the door.

By all means, I respect how the Cyclones played! I am really impressed with how the coaching staff has the Clones playing after the lopsided losses to Utah and OU.

My opinion on the officiating is from my own experience as a coach and an official. Here you have two teams battling it out, and the officials don't bring their "A" game. I've seen it repeatedly this year, and I just got fed up with it tonight. I'm not blaming the officials for the outcome, I'm just saying they are not doing a very good job.

No excuses here, we gave up 360 yards to a mediocre, hobbled QB. ISU was certainly our equal today. I don't think ISU deserved to win. The game was fair and Nebraska won fair and square. It was a close game and a gutsy call didn't quite pay off for the Cyclones.

why do you care what we think of your team? i certainly do not care what you think about the 'skers.

edit: and how can you say, isu beat isu, but not admit that last year the huskers beat the huskers?

That, my friend, was a literary trick I learned in college whereby I am able to highlight the fallacy of one statement by applying it to a similar situation. We was learned good at ISU...

why do you care what we think of your team? i certainly do not care what you think about the 'skers.

edit: and how can you say, isu beat isu, but not admit that last year the huskers beat the huskers?

That, my friend, was a literary trick I learned in college whereby I am able to highlight the fallacy of one statement by applying it to a similar situation. We was learned good at ISU...

first, i would call it a logical trick. second, i really have nothing to say other than i wish isu the best in the future, and hope cpr stays there for a long time. i want to see how high he can take isu.

Quit with the excuses and admit that ISU is actually playing at an equal level now. Enough of the "the officials sucked" and "we had all our stars injured" crap. I'm tired of hearing excuse after excuse from certain people who cannot admit that Iowa State, with their tacky little stadium, their puny little athletic budget, their USCesque uniforms and their silly little mix of one-star and walk on players are capable of playing football at Husker level.

Boo hoo...your "star" QB didn't play today. Bull...he looked perfectly able to play when he got in for the play where Green got his bell rung. Bo just didn't want to "waste" him on a lowly team like Iowa State. Anyway...what does it matter what with all the amazing recruits the Huskers have. Why, ISU is so pathetic you should have been able to pull a fan out of the audience and still win by 30! Heck, all he had to do was hand off the Helu and if he could slash MU for 300 yards, he should be able to run from Ames back to Lincoln without anybody laying a hand on him! And even if the offense sputtered, that fantastic defense should be able to force at least 10 safeties and hold the retarded ISU team to negative 100 yards...

Face it...ISU left 6 points and a victory on the board with the two missed field goals. The Huskers didn't win because of anything they did but because of two missed kicks and a limp wristed pass from a punter. ISU beat ISU...Nebraska had nothing to do with it. Our offense gave you two touchdowns with an unforced fumble and an interception. You were outplayed on both sides of the ball by a team that was, on the particular Saturday, clearly your equal. Statisically, frankly speaking, ISU crushed you. Facts are fact...just like the fact that last year we beat you with our second string QB, HB and half the defense down with the flu.

Knock off the attitude that it was everybody's fault that Saturday almost ended with a resounding thud in Ames. This team is not that good and ISU is not that bad.

Thank you for attending today's sermon...please drop some money in the collect plate on your way out the door.

The cyclones were close because the Nebraska Cornhuskers continue to play Piles Naul. They fill like they owe him something for him returning a kick off from time to time. That young man should never return or catch balls again. How many times does this need to happen? I understand the he is a kid and makes mistakes but come'on Bring back the Piles Naul Sucks thread!

post-6809-034786100 1289108589.jpg

I thought your QB playing with a gimpy ankle while ours sat on the sideline was symbolic of the attitudes out there today. We played not to lose and you played to win. And it literally ended with that when you went for the win and we happened to have a guy in position to make a play and not lose.

Best of luck next two games, you guys deserve to go to a bowl.