Is not being ready the staple of Pelini Coaching?

if so we are gonna get smashed from next year on. Last year i could handle losing to Iowa St cause we had 8 fumbles but almost this year too is bs. It's his team so he needs to fix it.

Yeah, lets fire him and bring back BC he always had his teams ready to play! :sarcasm

Yes.

We were clearly not ready to play Zona, Texas (2009), Mizzou (last two years), OU, Washington, the list goes on and on.

This thread = :facepalm:

Just like we lost to a sh**ty texas team this year in our own house? he may have them ready for big games but we should'nt be getting by when playing inferior teams.

Iowa State was anything BUT an inferior team. And when you factor the wind into the game...it evens things out even more. Even the great QBs would struggle throwing the ball into the wind like there was yesterday. That made us one dimensional for 4 quarters. The Niles Paul fumble was inexcusable, but that falls on the players having common sense and not trying to take it out 4 yards deep in your own endzone.

Iowa State played really well.

We didn't have our best game

We still won

We're 8-1 and in the fast lane to the Big XII CG

QYB

Pelini's great. We're lucky to have him. But he's not beyond criticism.

There are focus issues here, including turnovers, penalties and poor clock management. That's a big part of head coaching and I guarantee you Bo Pelini knows it's on him. That the team can come out brilliantly focused (Washington, K-State, first half of Missou) proves it's not a staple, but when the Huskers get out-played it appears to be a matter of mental breakdowns rather than talent or strategy.

I think the thing people forget is we're not an elite team yet. Pelini is still building his program. When he constantly says "we're not there yet" do you think he's just blowing smoke? We're not there yet, but Pelini has this program moving in the right direction in a hurry.

no we aren't but this last game should have never been close as it was. Next year will be his 4th year and then he gets a break because of conference change.

Yes.

We were clearly not ready to play Zona, Texas (2009), Mizzou (last two years), OU, Washington, the list goes on and on.

This thread = :facepalm:

Just like we lost to a sh**ty texas team this year in our own house? he may have them ready for big games but we should'nt be getting by when playing inferior teams.

Every team and head coach fall prey to these types of games. It was a dog fight and we pulled it out that's all that matters. The game shouldn't have come down to OT, but we can look to any random Niles Paul thread for answers to that question.

Not being ready, no this team is ready. At least from the preparation side. I doubt there is a coaching staff that works harder game planning and scheming their players to be in the best postions. There are games though that I think they come out flat and dont execute fully the mental side of the game. But that is not because of them not being ready.

I think the thing people forget is we're not an elite team yet. Pelini is still building his program. When he constantly says "we're not there yet" do you think he's just blowing smoke? We're not there yet, but Pelini has this program moving in the right direction in a hurry.

no we aren't but this last game should have never been close as it was. Next year will be his 4th year and then he gets a break because of conference change.

Our #1 and #2 quarerbacks shouldn't have be injured either, stuff happens.

I'll take a one point win over a loss all day, every day.