Rumor: Zac Lee

Anybody think Bo is so quiet about injuries because he is a defensive coach? We didn't know Zac had problems with his shoulder until our bowl game was over. I think he keeps it hush-hush because he knows how helpful that information can be to the other teams' defenses. You have to be stupid to honestly believe he "doesn't know" what Taylor's injury is. You can guarantee he has very detailed information and knows exactly what is going on with Taylor.

You make a very good point sir. Defenses could exploit that....as sad as that sounds...I bet that could be one of his strategies...BO KNOWS HIS INJURY...GUARANTEE THAT.

Knappic

"The one caveat to this is, it seems like Zac is capable of playing. Maybe he can't pass, but he can at least hand off. We've seen Zac practicing as recently as Tuesday in full pads, no green jersey, in game-like situations (handing off to Helu). We've heard reports that Zac broke his hand, that he ruptured a muscle, all kinds of things. Sure, I'm looking at this from layman's terms, but Zac doesn't appear from the pics of that practice to be that badly hurt."

-Well...as long as these situations have been confirmed...we can all be rest assured that Zac hasn't broken his hand. No way in hell they would let him hand off the ball with a broken hand.

This is the same source that stated early in the week that Taylor would start the first game. He is connected to the program in some way,I am sure.

To be frank, I am "connected to the program" in a way I will not disclose. That hardly makes me a believable source.

I don't disbelieve your source. I'm just a "wait and see" kind of guy.

This is the same source that stated early in the week that Taylor would start the first game. He is connected to the program in some way,I am sure.

Kirk Herbstriet also said that. So I'll take all these insider tips with a grain of salt.

I yearn for the days when threads like this were locked, mocked or relegated to rumorville.

I'm new here - finally posting! Been reading for years.

Just got this email from a reliable source...take it for what it's worth.

Here's supposedly what's happening with all of the injuries....

Quarterback injury update

I don't usually have the good info or the inside info....one of my colleauges talked with an assistant(they are good friends) last night and this is what was shared:

Our defense is healthy.....good news.

Zac Lee's career as a Husker is over...torn labrum. Don't know when he did this but it was either the Mizzou game...or a practice right around that time.

T-Mart has an "unstable high ankle sprain." He can run fine in a straight line, but if he has to cut at all, it just kills him. They are planning on him playing some this weekend just to see what he can do. I guess when he cuts though, it hurts like hell. That being said, he still wanted to play last week.

The docs are saying that realistically it will take months to heal this type of injury completely. The good news is he can't really hurt anything more by coming back too early. Bad news is he may not be healthy enough to play the rest of the year....including the bowl game.

I don't really have any more info for you. Just thought I would share.

FYI on the ankle sprain:

When a high ankle sprain is diagnosed, the doctor will determine if the injury is stable or unstable. Stable injuries are the less severe high ankle sprains when the placement of the tibia and fibula stays normal.

Unstable high ankle sprains occur when two or all three syndesmotic ligaments are torn and the tibia and fibula are free to move around.

Unstable injuries require more treatment, usually surgery. During the surgery one or two screws are inserted in the lower leg for a few months (usually three) or until the ligaments have reformed and are able to hold the bones in the proper position.[4] When surgery is needed recovery will take 6 months or longer.

I have heard the same info. Not good news. Cody Green to the rescue

Well, if Lee does have a torn labrum, he is for sure done. I've had that same injury and still do in my right shoulder, got it fixed in my left shoulder. Not a fun injury and you can't do much as far as throwing anything.

A torn labrum....always depends on the severity of the injury...but I bet my bank account that Zac Lee doesn't have a torn labrum....most torn labrums are quite a painful injury in the shoulder capsule. No way in HELLLOOOO would they let Zac Lee put on his pads and jersey...unless they wanted him to re aggravate it and cause further injury...but once again...i go back to my opening statement...always depends on the severity...even with it being a minor tear/pull...I don't see the staff allowing him to use full range of motion and strength in that shoulder..

I said as soon as they showed the replay of the hit that Martinez didn't have a bruised thigh. His leg got rolled on and it was either knee or ankle. Now that it's coming out as a 'high ankle' just for comparison...Pierre Thomas for the Saints had a similar play/tackle/leg roll happen to him in week 3...he hasn't been on the field yet since.

As for Lee. Sucks. He took a lot of heat last year while playing through an injury that was probably a lot worse than any one lead on or gave him credit for having. Now to have this...horrible way to end a career. True team player through and through.

Lee and Martinez may in fact be decoys right now with little/no intention to actually play. It's best not to allow the opposing staff to know which QB they're preparing for. It's worth the minor aggravation of the labrum tear (potential) of putting on the pads and going through a "mock" warm-up at the end of his career to create some doubt/confusion for opposing defensive coordinators. It's not as if Lee has an NFL paycheck waiting for him. Injury info should be held VERY close to the vest. No opposing defense needs to know whom to prepare for IMO.

The docs are saying that realistically it will take months to heal this type of injury completely. The good news is he can't really hurt anything more by coming back too early. Bad news is he may not be healthy enough to play the rest of the year....including the bowl game.

Sounds a lot like Lee last year and that elbow injury that wasn't gonna get any worse by playing...