New Sideline Playcard Poster

Saunders

They put Rex in his place as punt returner already. Why not kick return as well? I think they should.

As much as I like Rex, I'd like to see somebody back there that has a lot of speed. Rex is fast, but I'm sure we've got some younger receivers or defensive backs that could handle the kick off return. Given Paul's inconsistencies, it's not like you'd be taking a much different risk.

They put Rex in his place as punt returner already. Why not kick return as well? I think they should.

As much as I like Rex, I'd like to see somebody back there that has a lot of speed. Rex is fast, but I'm sure we've got some younger receivers or defensive backs that could handle the kick off return. Given Paul's inconsistencies, it's not like you'd be taking a much different risk.

Brandon Kinnie has done some nice work on kickoff returns. I want to see him back there. Lord knows he's smart enough to hold onto the ball at all costs, and he's definitely got some speed and is able to read blocks and make good moves.

Actually I thought I heard that Kinnie was a fumble waiting to happen because of the way he carries the ball loosely...and he had that killer drop against Texas. Is Kinnie shifty? I think you need to be as a PR.

Agreed. I think Kinnie has O.K. straight line speed but I don't see him as a shifty or deep play wide receiver. Just doesn't seem fast enough.

I know they practice multiple guys kick off returns each pre-season. So what if some of them aren't experienced at it? It wouldn't be much better than having to hold your breath every time Paul returns a kick for fear of him fumbling it.