Observations on Martinez........

I don't know if anyone else had a heart attack everytime Taylor took off running last night, but I did. You can definately tell that ankle is a real problem right now. Even when he did take off running he didn't seem to have that second gear he needed to bust it wide open. He was limping fairly decently last night from what I had seen as well. I have a feeling that ankle isn't gonna get any better until the season is over. 80% may be the best we get the rest of the season.

Ok....I am going to get "beat up" here, but here it goes.......... I am extremely diasappointed in our coaching staff... Being a football coach, I spend half of my life being "second-guessed" by uneducated fans, so now it is MY turn.

Yes, I am being an uneducated fan here, but I think playing T-Mart was a HUGE mistake. You can listen to Pelini and Co. sugar-coat their reasoning all you want. Believe me, coaches know how to say the right things to convince the public they did the right thing.

It was PAINFULLY obvious that T-mart was about 70%. I am almost postitive he was instructed NOT to run the ball in the first half. Only 1 true "zone-read" play in first half...he kept it once and scrambled once. In the second half, yes, they realized they may have to let him keep once or twice or we had no chance of running our offense.

I don't want to hear that they wanted him to work on passing skills. Unfair to him. The kid COULDN'T get a solid plant foot, thus, causing balls to fly all over the place. If you can't plant and follow through with the push, balls will sail high like they did.

IMO, all they did was set him back even further. He was limping many times heading to sidelines. The high ankle will be too sore to walk today. Wouldn't surpise me if he is back in boot until Monday at practice. Another "non-contact" and "non-full speed" cut weekend would've done wonders for the ankle. All they did was not only make the healing process slow down, they really put a major "risk" on the remainder of the season. It would've taken 1 play to end his regular season.

And if I am Cody Green, I am OUT. Heck, Green could've run for as many yards, fumbled twice and thrown errant passes and int....but, they sent a clear message that he will never qb.

Sorry for the Sunday morning rant...I don't know much, but this is my opinion. We will all probably agree to disagree on this one... Go ahead.... ATTACK :)

• Fire 1

Well, I'm sure you know more about it than I do HANC. I'm just a football junkie with no first hand knowledge of anything other than how to tackle Aaron Nielsen in the field out back of my folks' house outside Omaha. That said...

I think it's possible that the staff felt like they had no choice but to play him. Rumors have been flying around that Cody had a concussion last week that didn't show up right away. If true, and Zac was still a no go, that left us with very limited options. And Taylor did do enough to notch the W and deserves credit for a gutsy performance.

I am worried about him though. But if he does have a high ankle sprain, and they're as slow to heal as we've been reading, and not likely to do any serious damage if run on, then I can see why we're playing Taylor at 80% right now given the bad luck that has befallen all three of our QB's. It seems that we have a lack of options and I keep reading that Taylor has nothing to lose. Don't know if that's true or not, but I sure hope so.

Ok....I am going to get "beat up" here, but here it goes.......... I am extremely diasappointed in our coaching staff... Being a football coach, I spend half of my life being "second-guessed" by uneducated fans, so now it is MY turn.

Yes, I am being an uneducated fan here, but I think playing T-Mart was a HUGE mistake. You can listen to Pelini and Co. sugar-coat their reasoning all you want. Believe me, coaches know how to say the right things to convince the public they did the right thing.

It was PAINFULLY obvious that T-mart was about 70%. I am almost postitive he was instructed NOT to run the ball in the first half. Only 1 true "zone-read" play in first half...he kept it once and scrambled once. In the second half, yes, they realized they may have to let him keep once or twice or we had no chance of running our offense.

I don't want to hear that they wanted him to work on passing skills. Unfair to him. The kid COULDN'T get a solid plant foot, thus, causing balls to fly all over the place. If you can't plant and follow through with the push, balls will sail high like they did.

IMO, all they did was set him back even further. He was limping many times heading to sidelines. The high ankle will be too sore to walk today. Wouldn't surpise me if he is back in boot until Monday at practice. Another "non-contact" and "non-full speed" cut weekend would've done wonders for the ankle. All they did was not only make the healing process slow down, they really put a major "risk" on the remainder of the season. It would've taken 1 play to end his regular season.

And if I am Cody Green, I am OUT. Heck, Green could've run for as many yards, fumbled twice and thrown errant passes and int....but, they sent a clear message that he will never qb.

Sorry for the Sunday morning rant...I don't know much, but this is my opinion. We will all probably agree to disagree on this one... Go ahead.... ATTACK :)

I don't disagree with a lot of this.

I believe he was told not to run in the first half and they told him to in the 2nd half.

I don't think you can sit a freshman QB 2 weeks and have him ready for aTm. He needs reps- game reps.

He sat ISU and not KU cause he was more hurt at ISU. Could we have beat KU with Green? I think so but once again Martinez needs game reps.

Also- don't know how true but there are rumors that Green has a concussion. I do believe the rumors that Lee is done for the year. Maybe Martinez really was our only good option?

No beat up here as I completely agree. And you want to talk about fair? How about telling Green he has no future as a QB here and let him decide what's best for his career, whether it be a transfer or a position switch. IMO, they should have addressed the QB situation head on a few weeks ago instead of dancing around with all the secretacy and deception. They also need to burn a redshirt. I mean, just because we lost to Texas doesn't mean the season is over.

Triple Option

You are one up on me...I have NEVER tackled Aaron Nielson... :clap ... I am sure he would stiff arm my tiny a$$ to the ground.

I know that I had a "rant"...and I am fully aware that Pelini and Co. know what's best for this team and T-Mart. I honestly never to claim to know more than anyone else, but I am just frustrated over the decision.

** But I do feel better getting the rant of my chest. (so does my wife. She got pissed listening to me for hours after the game).

A lot of strange things going on at times but we don't have all the info. The high ankle sprain may take months to heal but the trainers may have said that it won't get any worse. It's probably more of a dealing with the pain issue. I do worry more about his passing off that ankle than his running. We have backs that can run the ball. What was the deal throwing twice at the end of the game, calling time out and then taking a knee?