Nebraska Football Show.....Bo calls out the fans

I don't want to totally derail this thread, but you're talking to a bunch of guys. No, it's not OK to objectify women and 99% of the guys out there are going to treat you with respect, but 99% of the guys out there are also hard-wired to look at girls. It's in our genes, responsible for the propagation of the species and all that jazz. Asking men to not look at women is like asking women to stop breathing. It's inherent to what we are.

Most of us do it respectfully, but you cannot be upset when a guy on a message board says something about looking at the pretty girls. Your boyfriend/husband, dad, brother, uncle, cousin, best guy pal - they all do it. It's not demeaning, it's nature.

I don't want to continue the derailment of this thread, so I'll just say this: Believe me, I understand that guys are hard-wired that way and they're gonna do it. That's why I offered up the cheerleader solution :D I just felt that it needed pointing out that some of us are more inclined to say "C'mon Niles, catch the d*mn ball!" than to say "Like, is Taylor Martinez a blackshirt? I am sooo wasted. What are you doing later?"

I'm not one to get pissed when men objectify women because I know it happens. But to say all girls see the game as a "social event" is something I gotta speak up about. Some of us do know what we're talking about..not all, but some :)

</rant>

Just from my experience of partying in Lincoln for lots of games or at the bars either in lincoln or Omaha is that 99% of the girls make it a social event. There is a reason that the girls that go to party at the games or at the bars are dressed up in a cute way. If you wanted to we could make another thread about it, but out of every 10 girls at a T-gate or at the bars during a Husker game, how many do you think are actually into the game? 1, maybe 2?

I am not trying to make you mad, I like it that way. I like that girls go out to party for the games and want to look hot. But you can't deny that its a social event, hell its a social even for most of the guys! Its basically a great excuse to drink, party, eat and meet girls each Saturday for about 10 hours.

The girls that are totally into the game, team, stats and so on, are usually the ones that most of us guys dont even see!

I love the Skers but my number one reason for going down to T-gate is for the atmosphere, the drinking, the joking around with my friends and metting people. If I just cared about the game, I would show up 15 minutes before kickoff, sit down, watch and leave right after.

I guess I'm biased because I grew up with a mom who knew more about the Huskers than most people I knew. Dad was an Illinois import who converted to Husker fan-dom later in life. I learned most of my Husker fan stuff from Mom. The office I work in is populated mostly by women, at least half of whom know quite a bit about football and the Huskers in general. I can carry on a conversation with them pretty well, although they don't know some of the minutiae I know about football/the Huskers. So my experience with women and Husker football has always been pretty positive.

Make a new thread if you want; I don't really think there's much to it. I just want to facepalm every time a drunk chick asks how many points you get for kicking the ball through the yellow poles. Or dude for that matter. Not all girls are that way, that's all I had to say.

So Bo wants us to be louder, eh? Hmm, how 'bout that.

Bo and Carl can shut their damn mouths. I don't give two *^&^ what they think about the fans, how about you shut up and coach instead of worrying about the crowd. Why are you throwing the ball when you could have just sat on it AND THEN YOU CALLED A TIMEOUT, you look like an idiot. Shut up Bo, how about all the idiotic timeouts you use though the game, do the fans question those! You have cost your self tons of chances to seal or win games because you used some timeout on a 3rd and inches. I call you out for not coaching well at home and looking like an out of control gorilla on the sidelines with no composure. Don't schedule a game at 600 in NOVEMBER Bo or Tom or whoever, its freaking cold.

There I showed him! You can all thank me later!

And I hope you next week Bo!

GBR!

Bo and Carl can shut their damn mouths. I don't give two *^&^ what they think about the fans, how about you shut up and coach instead of worrying about the crowd. Why are you throwing the ball when you could have just sat on it AND THEN YOU CALLED A TIMEOUT, you look like an idiot. Shut up Bo, how about all the idiotic timeouts you use though the game, do the fans question those! You have cost your self tons of chances to seal or win games because you used some timeout on a 3rd and inches. I call you out for not coaching well at home and looking like an out of control gorilla on the sidelines with no composure. Don't schedule a game at 600 in NOVEMBER Bo or Tom or whoever, its freaking cold.

GBR!

In their defense, they don't schedule the game times. That is determined by the television networks that pick the games up.

GBR!

In their defense, they don't schedule the game times. That is determined by the television networks that pick the games up.

Actually this game could have been played at any time, pay-per-view is not required for games that are not televised. If a game is not on the package from the conference it does not have to be on TV. Tom wanted the PPV so that's is why it was at 6. Just so you know

Make a new thread if you want; I don't really think there's much to it. I just want to facepalm every time a drunk chick asks how many points you get for kicking the ball through the yellow poles. Or dude for that matter. Not all girls are that way, that's all I had to say.

So Bo wants us to be louder, eh? Hmm, how 'bout that.

That is kind of funny!

No, not all girls are that way, in fact, very few are that way. But most, if not all, are at the game to talegate and party, just like me and most of the guys. Its supposed to be a fun time.

Actually this game could have been played at any time, pay-per-view is not required for games that are not televised. If a game is not on the package from the conference it does not have to be on TV. Tom wanted the PPV so that's is why it was at 6. Just so you know

"The pay-per-view telecast gives us the opportunity for as many of our fans as possible across the country to see the game," Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said. "Because of TV contracts and the logistics of being able to put the telecast together, an evening start was our only option."

Everyone should want the game to be a PPV game. Its another easy $400,000-$500,000 for the athletic department.

And for those of you complaining how cold it is.....please drop off your "man cards" at the door. Its November in Nebraska.....give me a break.

Just my opinion but if fans can point out inconsistencies in player performances, coaching, and so forth, why shouldn't we hold ourselves the same way for only being loud at certain games.

That's fine, but maybe some of the fans had injuries (sore throats, etc.) that we didn't disclose to Bo before the game. I wonder if he ever asks someone if they are coming to the game, and they reply "You'll find out at kickoff time."

Bo should realize that fan relations are part of his job, if he cares about how the fan support is going to be. And he should.

Because I can see a lot of fans turning on him should he have a bad season in the next few years.

That's right. Because these are the greatest fans in college football.

It was a boring game. Neither side really acted like they wanted to win. Natural for the crowd to get into the same mood. I have to be honest, I fell asleep during the game, the first time in my life.

Just a wierd game I think. It better change Saturday are we are going to get a beating I am afraid.

Just my opinion but if fans can point out inconsistencies in player performances, coaching, and so forth, why shouldn't we hold ourselves the same way for only being loud at certain games.

That's fine, but maybe some of the fans had injuries (sore throats, etc.) that we didn't disclose to Bo before the game. I wonder if he ever asks someone if they are coming to the game, and they reply "You'll find out at kickoff time."

Bo should realize that fan relations are part of his job, if he cares about how the fan support is going to be. And he should.

Because I can see a lot of fans turning on him should he have a bad season in the next few years.

This line has become the go-to line for every ill attributed to Nebraska fans. Don't cheer loud enough? Trot out the line. Say a bad thing about a player/coach/opponent/tv announcer/blue-hair? Trot out the line. Say a cross word? Trot out the line. Say something I disagree with? Trot out the line. Are you a fan of a Nebraska opponent? Trot out the line.

I'm beginning to think we got this emoticon just for this line: dedhoarse

This line has become the go-to line for every ill attributed to Nebraska fans. Don't cheer loud enough? Trot out the line. Say a bad thing about a player/coach/opponent/tv announcer/blue-hair? Trot out the line. Say a cross word? Trot out the line. Say something I disagree with? Trot out the line. Are you a fan of a Nebraska opponent? Trot out the line.

I'm beginning to think we got this emoticon just for this line: dedhoarse

it has become an easy target of mockery lately, which is mostly not totally unwarranted.