Oklahoma? Oklahoma State?

I want to play OU just for old times sake, but I'm leaning in favor of actually playing OSU. OU is bad on the road and they are so inconsistent. I feel if we did play OSU again we would have a fairly good chance of beating them. Everyone always says that it's hard to beat someone twice in the same season, and that is somewhat true. I think a lot of people overlook the fact that we are a different team now. The last time we played them we had 2 safeties who couldn't make any tackles and held Blackmon in check pretty well towards the end of the game. Now we have 2 safeties who can tackle and I feel our D-Line is playing better, not to mention having Compton back and the maturation of David. I like our chances if we play them again.

Yeah, your point about the safeties is a good one. A very good one that could make a big difference if we face them again. I forgot about that and it surely should help.

The biggest variable to the game vs either one is the health of Tmart. Oh boy, I hope his (whatever it is) injury is slowly getting better.

For the rivalry factor I wanna play OU for the all the marbles in the Big 12. But if Okie Lite is the best team out of the south, then thats the team I wanna play. This teams goal is to win the Big12 Champ and get to a BCS bowl, with that I want the best competition available to achieve that goal, regardless of tradition or how some think it "ought to be."

I like our chances against Okie Lite and the refs, you know that game is gonna ugly, officating wise.

Our D played pretty-decently in the second-half against OSU and we have since improved our tackling by bringing Cassidy and Osborne in. OSU would get points but I think our D would hold-up decently. Thing that will be interesting is how TM's ankle will be by then and whether we can show some damn ball-security.

I do worry about the officating in the CCG. We are already last in the con in number of flags thrown on our competition(no-calls are more subtle than calls). I worry the calls/no-calls could become not-so-subtle in effort to keep us from walking away with the championship

Just considering, there have not been any "storybook ending" type gsmes this year for NU (shoulda beat Texas, shoulda stomped ISU). I don't think proving something against OU, in the form of a win, is in the cards. Not saying that we wouldn't, I think we should take on OSU again and just win the CCG. That's fitting enough for me.

I do worry about the officating in the CCG. We are already last in the con in number of flags thrown on our competition(no-calls are more subtle than calls). I worry the calls/no-calls could become not-so-subtle in effort to keep us from walking away with the championship

That's going around right now, Big 12 officiating as a whole has just been abysmal.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist type but last week A&M had 3 td's called back ON THE SAME DRIVE, once for a legitimate offensive interference call and the other two on ticky tack illegal formation/illegal man downfield penalties. As of the OU game our opponents had been called for holding twice the entire season which borders on the ridiculous.

That being said I don't the bad officiating is targeted, it's just plain bad.

That's going around right now, Big 12 officiating as a whole has just been abysmal.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist type but last week A&M had 3 td's called back ON THE SAME DRIVE, once for a legitimate offensive interference call and the other two on ticky tack illegal formation/illegal man downfield penalties. As of the OU game our opponents had been called for holding twice the entire season which borders on the ridiculous.

That being said I don't the bad officiating is targeted, it's just plain bad.

As a former ref. I must ask how and why you believe illegal formation and illegal man downfield is ticky tack? I didn't see the game or the penalties your talking about, but illegal formation is very basic. I'm assuming you didn't have enough men on the line of scrimmage. It's pretty hard to miss that one. Illegal formation is about as ticky tack as false start as far as I'm concerned. Illegal man downfield is also for the most part a pretty straight forward call. Of the three penalties you listed, the offensive interference is the most subjective.