If we lose at the Big XII Championship game, do we have a better bowl matchup?

This is getting old BCS game(any) > cotton bowl!!!

I dont know why people think that if we lose we are an automatic in the Cotton bowl. Yes, I know that they get the first pick of BIG 12 teams, but why would they take Nebraska if we were just in Dallas a month ago? With bowls, it is about selling tickets and money... you can look at record but these bowls can take any team they please.

This is getting old BCS game(any) > cotton bowl!!!

I dont know why people think that if we lose we are an automatic in the Cotton bowl. Yes, I know that they get the first pick of BIG 12 teams, but why would they take Nebraska if we were just in Dallas a month ago? With bowls, it is about selling tickets and money... you can look at record but these bowls can take any team they please.

Yes I believe your are right... thats why they picked Okie Lite over us last year was because we were just their and they didnt think NU fans would travel down their again for the Cotton Bowl.

BCS or bust is how look at it.

Wish there were a way for us to win the Big 12 and play an SEC team in our bowl game. I'm so tired of the pub they get

Our record against SEC teams in bowls or otherwise is awfully damned good. And it hasn't changed anything about how the SEC is perceived. One more game isn't going to do it.

I'd say we'd have better success in absolutely thrashing a Big East team and getting some minimal standards in place for a BCS game.

I think its a bunch of crap that some people on here thank that we should lose the Big 12 champ game just to try and get a better bowl matchup. Im very dissapointed that such Nebraska fans would even come close to thinking that. At Nebraska its about championships, BCS bowls, 11 win seasons, not Cotton, Alamo, or Holiday Bowl matchups against a more respected opponent.

Lets worry about beating A&M, CU and the Big 12 south representative. Then we can start talking about playing Pitt, Syracuse, West Virginia or whoever we play in the bowl game.

The teams goals were to win the Big12 Champ and get to a BCS bowl.

I don't think anyone suggested that we should lose the Big 12 Title game, I think the observation was just being made by the OP that if we were to lose, we would most likely get paired with a superior opponent in our bowl. Observation does not = endorsement.

Wasnt nescessarily directing my comment at the opening post, just my thoughts in general reading similar threads on here, theirs about 6 of them on here it seems like, I guess im just reading between the lines.

We would get an infinitely better opponent if we went to any other bowl that isn't the Fiesta Bowl

Destroy the BCS

Better yet, take away the automatic qualifying status from the conference for the year if they don't have a champion that's ranked in the BCS top 25.

I've had similar thoughts. I can kind of understand why automatic qualifiers exist, but there definitely needs to be something in place requiring that these conferences maintain a minimal level of competitiveness to keep their status every single year.

I look at it this way...

Some people say that in the Fiesta Bowl (NU vs. Undeserving team) the Huskers have nothing to gain, everything to lose. In a lesser bowl such as the Cotton or Holiday NU gets a much better opponent to impress the nation.

My thought is, if Nebraska can't win the Big 12 against OU, OSU what makes us think they can beat a top tier SEC or Pac10 team to earn that respect? I would much rather win the Big12 and have the chance to make a an offensive/defensive "juggernaut" performance in a BCS bowl on primetime TV. Not only do we impress the nation, the BCS is one game closer to looking at its procedures.

What would happen if NU played Boise State for the BCS title. Would anyone here say they would rather play Alabama in the Cotton Bowl because if Nebraska wins the MNC it doesn't mean much because Boise didn't deserve to be there?

I'll go ahead and anser for you..... NO