Pelini Needs To Act More Like COach Osborne

As a life long Husker fan, I am very disappointed in the way Bo continues to act after we lose. He comes across as a very bad sport who does not represent the Huskers well! He whines, cries, criticizes, and makes tons of excuses without taking any responsibility for the poor play. We only scored 6 points, you cannot expect to win scoring 6 points. We have now had our butts handed to us against Texas and Texas A&M in a year where we desperately needed to beat both of them. Bo embarrassed us after the 2009 BCG and now by his actions he is doing it again. Win with class, lose with class is what Coach Osborne always said. As for me, I have had enough of this whining inept coach who comes off like a cry baby. Coach Osborne needs to sit the young man down and show him hoe he looks on t.v, like a whining idiot.

I smell troll.

:yeah

Osborne never went through what Bo is going through with the Big 12 right now. Osborne never had to change conferences.

And if Osborne had been coaching tonight, he either would have been just as ticked off as Bo, or there'd be a thread called, "Tom Osborne needs to show more emotion on the sidelines when his team is getting screwed."

wrong from Big 8 to Big 12. I think Bo was so pissed cause he knew he got jobbed and couldn't do anything about it.

Wrong again, big 8 to 12 was not a change of conferences, it was an expansion of the home conference. Irrelevant argument. Hence, Osborne never had to go tru changing conferences.

Irafreak, if you watch the presser he says what he wants to say without saying it. He is acting like a jerk. Did you see the way he treated the media? He is very immature, I never see Jim Tressell or Mack Brown acting this way. He's not long for NU, we are class! Just sayin.....

Yeah did you support Callahan?

I like his fire and respect his competitiveness. But I have to say that his blowup on T-Mart made me feel a bit queasy. Is it just me or is most of his fire directed negatively? Sure was tonight.

I'm hoping Bo can grow up and take his lumps on this one. He kind of blew it tonight. Learn your lesson and move on. And kick CU's ass on Friday...

Can you tell me exactly what Bo said to Taylor? Cause I saw him fired up but I can't put any kind of judgement on it because I wasn't there. Any chance Bo may have said something to the effect of "if you get back in there you go give um hell and kick some freak'n ass"

Just say'n

Osborne never went through what Bo is going through with the Big 12 right now. Osborne never had to change conferences.

And if Osborne had been coaching tonight, he either would have been just as ticked off as Bo, or there'd be a thread called, "Tom Osborne needs to show more emotion on the sidelines when his team is getting screwed."

wrong from Big 8 to Big 12. I think Bo was so pissed cause he knew he got jobbed and couldn't do anything about it.

Wrong again, big 8 to 12 was not a change of conferences, it was an expansion of the home conference. Irrelevant argument. Hence, Osborne never had to go tru changing conferences.

wrong the Big 8 didn't expand. The Big 12 does not recognize the Big 8 history. The Big 8 folded like the SWC.

I like his fire and respect his competitiveness. But I have to say that his blowup on T-Mart made me feel a bit queasy. Is it just me or is most of his fire directed negatively? Sure was tonight.

I'm hoping Bo can grow up and take his lumps on this one. He kind of blew it tonight. Learn your lesson and move on. And kick CU's ass on Friday...

Can you tell me exactly what Bo said to Taylor? Cause I saw him fired up but I can't put any kind of judgement on it because I wasn't there. Any chance Bo may have said something to the effect of "if you get back in there you go give um hell and kick some freak'n ass"

Just say'n

You're right in that I was only guessing. But he sure looked pissed, and with the finger jabbing... I hope it was positive, and maybe Talor deserved it if it wasn't. And in any case, Pelini lost his cool -- Doesn't have to be the end of the world. Maybe it even helped. But then again, maybe not...

Keep the rage Bo, btw i dont think he was tearing a new one into Taylor, I believe he was being fiery and passionate and telling Taylor that if he wants to be the next big thing, the time is now. I dont think it was as bad as it may seem. oh and Osborne is not Pelini. I back Bo on everything. He's passionate. Put any other coach in his position and see how they react. Bo isnt soft and doesnt care about the whole "class" issue as much as everyone else does. quite simply. Nebraska was soft and weak for 10 years. He's turned them into a bunch of physical football players who display the passion he does. Bo does it his way.

• Fire 1

As a life long Husker fan, I am very disappointed in the way Bo continues to act after we lose. He comes across as a very bad sport who does not represent the Huskers well! He whines, cries, criticizes, and makes tons of excuses without taking any responsibility for the poor play. We only scored 6 points, you cannot expect to win scoring 6 points. We have now had our butts handed to us against Texas and Texas A&M in a year where we desperately needed to beat both of them. Bo embarrassed us after the 2009 BCG and now by his actions he is doing it again. Win with class, lose with class is what Coach Osborne always said. As for me, I have had enough of this whining inept coach who comes off like a cry baby. Coach Osborne needs to sit the young man down and show him hoe he looks on t.v, like a whining idiot.

Bo is Bo. That ain't changing.

Maybe you don't watch the games we win, but just to fill you in, this is how he acts when we win to! It's Bo, it's who he is. Maybe watch some old episodes of Dancing with the Stars if you don't like it.

Keep the fire Bo!

Passion != Rage

Bo being Bo is not an excuse. I appreciate, and encourage, fire and passion in a coaching staff just as much as anyone, and Bo certainly has that, but he also has more than that. It is entirely possible to be passionate without being entirely disrespectful and classless towards the officials, regardless of whether or not they deserve it. An eye for an eye is no way to live life, nor is it a way to coach. You're asking for your team to get the raw end when you belittle the people that decide such things.

Our biggest recruiting pitch at Nebraska is that we will turn your son into a man. In what world is it okay for a man to act like that (besides, apparently, on a football field)? I realize that's easy to say being someone that wasn't in the moment, but what good does it do you to be a respectful adult only when it's easy?

Surely I'll take heat for this, I have before, other people feel differently. I personally don't see certain areas of Bo's sideline demeanor as being acceptable to any extent, but I still believe in him and believe he's the right person for the job.

• Fire 1

I don't think Bo is anywhere close to guys like Mangino, Leach and probably Callahan that strait up disrespected players. The guy is starting to have an image problem though that he doesn't really seem to care about. That stuff does matter when you're a head coach.

Bo is Bo. That ain't changing.

Maybe you don't watch the games we win, but just to fill you in, this is how he acts when we win to! It's Bo, it's who he is. Maybe watch some old episodes of Dancing with the Stars if you don't like it.

Keep the fire Bo!

Passion != Rage

Bo being Bo is not an excuse. I appreciate, and encourage, fire and passion in a coaching staff just as much as anyone, and Bo certainly has that, but he also has more than that. It is entirely possible to be passionate without being entirely disrespectful and classless towards the officials, regardless of whether or not they deserve it. An eye for an eye is no way to live life, nor is it a way to coach. You're asking for your team to get the raw end when you belittle the people that decide such things.

Our biggest recruiting pitch at Nebraska is that we will turn your son into a man. In what world is it okay for a man to act like that (besides, apparently, on a football field)? I realize that's easy to say being someone that wasn't in the moment, but what good does it do you to be a respectful adult only when it's easy?

Surely I'll take heat for this, I have before, other people feel differently. I personally don't see certain areas of Bo's sideline demeanor as being acceptable to any extent, but I still believe in him and believe he's the right person for the job.

Nice sermon, Maybe Bo just needs to find Jesus! :rollin

I agree with Landlord.

I think to the public, Bo could present a more moderate face at some times. On the field, in the thick of things, I have no problem with his passion, his fighting for his players and his team. I do have a problem with that girly little hand-wave he does when he's mad, because for real Coach, that can't be too good at channeling out anger. But I digress.

To his players, I think Bo needs to learn to be fired up but positive. Yelling at players is sometimes necessary, but it's sometimes just detrimental (Zac Lee's timeout against Texas, Bo's timeout for Cody tonight).

With regard to the texting girlfriend rumor, you know what would have been a great model to follow? Coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights. Man, that guy is smooth. "Hey, JD. On ya own time, on ya own time. This my time." Does anyone have a clip of that? I loved that line; Coach Taylor is the man. Now I'm really digressing.

I agree with Landlord.

I think to the public, Bo could present a more moderate face at some times. On the field, in the thick of things, I have no problem with his passion, his fighting for his players and his team. I do have a problem with that girly little hand-wave he does when he's mad, because for real Coach, that can't be too good at channeling out anger. But I digress.

To his players, I think Bo needs to learn to be fired up but positive. Yelling at players is sometimes necessary, but it's sometimes just detrimental (Zac Lee's timeout against Texas, Bo's timeout for Cody tonight).

With regard to the texting girlfriend rumor, you know what would have been a great model to follow? Coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights. Man, that guy is smooth. "Hey, JD. On ya own time, on ya own time. This my time." Does anyone have a clip of that? I loved that line; Coach Taylor is the man. Now I'm really digressing.

Basically agree with this. I'm not saying Bo is a maniac who doesn't have it all there, he is not, as a person, what you see on the sidelines. Opposing fan bases and the media can't see that, but as Husker fans, we see how he is off the field, what he believes in, how he loves the kids on the team, etc. Being a coach is about winning, but it's about representing your school and fans well too, just the same as being a player is about the same things. Even if that wasn't the case, Bo's attitude towards officials costs us calls. Most people would agree with this. My high school basketball coach was a nut job and would react in similar ways nearly every game, and all it did was give the ref more reason and incentive to make sure he did not get his way.

What?

I am glad Pelini is our coach but will have to admit that I am a little disappointed with some of the yelling. I guess I just worry about what the rest of the country sees, I don't want that to become something Nebraska's known for. A coach who is constantly losing it on the sidelines. I love Bo and wouldn't trade him for the world but at the same time I'm not opposed to calling him out when he needs to be also. I don't want some recruit sitting at home thinking that they really don't want to play for a coach who isn't afraid of ripping them a new one on national television either. Unfortunately the more Bo yells the more the cameras start focusing on him for a good video clip.

Still love Bo but still a little disappointed in him also. Definitely no more sideline penalties. Wouldn't trade him for the world but I'd like to see the yelling toned down a bit.