Other than the roughing the passer, exactly which call was bad?

Compare the two hits between Osborne's last night and the one from 2006. Taylor had let go of the ball in enough time for the defender to at least move slightly out of the way. Osborne was already in his dive and hit Tannehill mere miliseconds after releasing the ball. Two entirely different penalties with no way to substantiate that they are the same.

Furthermore, there was a BAD call on Cotton having to kick a player away after punched in the testicles repeatedly. I can't really blame the refs for not seeing it, but at the same time, personal fouls are very rarely just one sided. They are usually provoked. That was a bad missed call.

Third, Eric Martin received two personal foul penalties for kick off blocks that are no different than any other hit we see in a football game. Also, there were no replays of the hit. Why?

Other than those three things, the other penalties are inexcusable.

How about the announcers even stating during the live broadcast about how one of the Aggies OLineman got away with a clear hold on Lavonte David-I'm pretty sure it was on one of your FG drives.

The fix was in man-people at the bar that don't even watch football and HATE Nebraska (maybe hate the Ags too cuz they are Texas fans) were stating how blatantly obvious it was that the Aggies could do no wrong. Open your eyes.

Compare the two hits between Osborne's last night and the one from 2006. Taylor had let go of the ball in enough time for the defender to at least move slightly out of the way. Osborne was already in his dive and hit Tannehill mere miliseconds after releasing the ball. Two entirely different penalties with no way to substantiate that they are the same.

Furthermore, there was a BAD call on Cotton having to kick a player away after punched in the testicles repeatedly. I can't really blame the refs for not seeing it, but at the same time, personal fouls are very rarely just one sided. They are usually provoked. That was a bad missed call.

Third, Eric Martin received two personal foul penalties for kick off blocks that are no different than any other hit we see in a football game. Also, there were no replays of the hit. Why?

Other than those three things, the other penalties are inexcusable.

Cotton got the Personal Foul for the last kick, he had kicked the guy off, the ref told him to stop and he kicked again after the A&M guy had stopped.

Agree that A&M deserved 15 and an ejection for that, but Cotton also deserved the penalty, then mouthing off to the official was the icing on the cake.

roughingpasser.jpg

Osborne is running about 24 ft/sec and is two feet from the QB at the release (conservative estimate). That means he was eight hundredths of a second from the QB. The refs were only asking him to decelerate at a rate of one foot per four hundredths of a second, which can easily be accomplished... with help from a brick wall.

• Fire 4

There's no way for Osborne to know if the ball even left the QB's hands. That's a clean hit. He's making the tackle as if it were a sack, which it was close to, and would be if the QB decided to cancel the throw at the last moment and try to buy more time, which he would have if Courtney somehow peeled off the blow and avoided the QB altogether.

If there are any comparisons to '06 and Zac Taylor, that's ridiculous. The '06 hit was the softest, most meaningless late hit ever, but it was a late hit nonetheless. Egregiously late. I was thankful for the flag, didn't think we deserved another chance, but that Aggie player really messed it up for them.

There was a late hit on Nebraska on their first drive. Later in the game on A&M's drive to make it 6-3, after a swing pass an Aggie lineman put a hit on Prince after the whistle. Referee in definite line of sight... no flag. I have no problem with the Nebraska late hit, but if you're gonna call it one way you have to call it the other way. Same thing with the PI

I just rewatched the game on DVR, and, while I admit that 16-2 sounds really bad, there aren't a lot of individual bad calls that I can find to complain about, with the notable exception of the late roughing call. As an Aggie fan, I felt the same way about the obviously bad roughing call that kept the Nebraska drive alive in 2006. I would be very upset about the roughing call last night as well, if I were you guys.

I would also be upset that the officials did not see our DT playing dirty on the play when yall's #81 went off. But he had to call the kick. He had to call him for taking his helmet off. Pelini was begging for a personal fouls with the way he was relentlessly cussing out the sideline ref. The PI that was picked up would have been exasperating but, again, it was the right call.

I can understand you guys being frustrated, but (in my opinion) you guys are going way overboard. That has not been my history with you guys, and it is surprising to me. I will be rooting for you guys in the Big 10, as I hate all of those teams.

How are the calls against Martin BS -- no one has seen replay -- NO one knows what he was called for -

All the procedure penalties are fine. We are used to that from the past two years. Yeah, I'll agree that Cotton should have been penalized. He was getting the business but he should have controlled that. Human error there on the officials. The penalties that are BS are the ones on Eric Martin, Courtney Osbourne, and the no-call on the A&M DB. Now, they never actually showed the penalties on Eric Martin so that's an automatic BS right there. Courtney Osbourne made a legal hit on Ryan Tannehill a half second after he threw the ball. Not illegal. Finally, that no-call on the A&M which was obviously PI. Here's the thing, if the DB had just jumped in front of the pass, no big deal. But, he was holding onto the receiver's arm as he did it which didn't allow him to catch the ball. Obvious PI.

That, my Aggie friend, is why we are angry.

Watch that. Your player should have gotten a penalty like that as well as ben cotton's penalty. Of course, you wont rspond to this post because you would then have to admit that i was a penalty on A&M as well

Im in Iraq so I cant see youtube but yes should have been a flag against A&M -- they missed it -- so out of the 16 flags which are bs -- the only one that you can aruge is the late hit -- that was going to get called after 5 other PFs

I just rewatched the game on DVR, and, while I admit that 16-2 sounds really bad, there aren't a lot of individual bad calls that I can find to complain about, with the notable exception of the late roughing call. As an Aggie fan, I felt the same way about the obviously bad roughing call that kept the Nebraska drive alive in 2006. I would be very upset about the roughing call last night as well, if I were you guys.

I would also be upset that the officials did not see our DT playing dirty on the play when yall's #81 went off. But he had to call the kick. He had to call him for taking his helmet off. Pelini was begging for a personal fouls with the way he was relentlessly cussing out the sideline ref. The PI that was picked up would have been exasperating but, again, it was the right call.

I can understand you guys being frustrated, but (in my opinion) you guys are going way overboard. That has not been my history with you guys, and it is surprising to me. I will be rooting for you guys in the Big 10, as I hate all of those teams.

How are the calls against Martin BS -- no one has seen replay -- NO one knows what he was called for -

All the procedure penalties are fine. We are used to that from the past two years. Yeah, I'll agree that Cotton should have been penalized. He was getting the business but he should have controlled that. Human error there on the officials. The penalties that are BS are the ones on Eric Martin, Courtney Osbourne, and the no-call on the A&M DB. Now, they never actually showed the penalties on Eric Martin so that's an automatic BS right there. Courtney Osbourne made a legal hit on Ryan Tannehill a half second after he threw the ball. Not illegal. Finally, that no-call on the A&M which was obviously PI. Here's the thing, if the DB had just jumped in front of the pass, no big deal. But, he was holding onto the receiver's arm as he did it which didn't allow him to catch the ball. Obvious PI.

That, my Aggie friend, is why we are angry.

Watch that. Your player should have gotten a penalty like that as well as ben cotton's penalty. Of course, you wont rspond to this post because you would then have to admit that i was a penalty on A&M as well

Im in Iraq so I cant see youtube but yes should have been a flag against A&M -- they missed it -- so out of the 16 flags which are bs -- the only one that you can aruge is the late hit -- that was going to get called after 5 other PFs

The PI call was going to get the flag cause the ball was so under thrown and the NU prevented Am form coming back -- there is a great pic of it on one of the fourms

There was a late hit on Akumara, in the back, by an A&M lineman well after the tackle and whistle had blown. It was right in front of the ref! I saw Meredith getting chop blocked on one of Grays runs. He was engaged and another A&M player clipped him from behind non the less. I am sure all Nebraska has to do basically is send the whole game tape in for what good that would do. Enjoy your win Aggies. It was your money so I guess you earned it!! Good luck in the future!! LMAO!!!

The 2 major calls I had a problem with besides the late hit were when the A&M player clearly caught the interception pass out of bounds. His feet touched at the same so it should have been ruled an incomplete pass. The second call was when one of the A&M o-line ran and pushed over Prince right in front of a ref and nothing was called. It was the exact same thing that Henry did but yet the A&M player doesnt get a penalty.

Dennard's PI probably shouldn't have been called. They were both hand-fighting but the ref was behind them with horrible position and called Dennard on it. Bad call in that no flag should have been thrown at all.

The late hit on Prince along the sideline after the play was dead seemed like a pretty obvious penalty. I don't recall the specifics of the play if it gave A&M a first down but it would have taken them back 15 yards.

Those are the two worst plays in my mind other than the late hit on the QB for the game winning drive.

I'm not completely convinced the picked up PI flag wasn't defensive PI but if no flag had been thrown I don't think anyone would have even questioned it. On the replay from behind it looked to me that the defender had his hand under the arm pulling the receivers right side away from the ball so he couldn't make a play.

then you would have noticed that one of Texas AM guys was touching Ben Cottons junk. That IS a penalty if you look in the rulebook, in fact, they called it in a game one time. So instead of having the penalty be on us, there should have been a penalty on texas AM as well, which means offsetting penalties. Also, the AM wr clearly was holding Dennards hand and pushing off of him first, which should have been offensive PI. Also, I saw numerous times that Texas AM players putting a hand on our facebook or holding, especially their oline. So youre telling me the most penalized team in the big 12 is only going to have two penalties? Something isnt fishy there? Maybe if you watched the game in more detail you would have seen some of the other non calls or bad calls. Also, can you tell me how there were personal fouls on Martin? I didnt see any personal fouls on him so maybe you could tell how they were pesonal fouls?

Yeah, that should have been called, but there is no way the refs can see everything that goes on under those piles. That stuff happens all the time. It's wrong, but there's no way around it.

Well, I STRONGLY disagree about two things:

1) the PI on your DB on the 3rd down play to Fuller was, to me, obviously the right call.

2) the non-PI on our DB on the 3rd down play near the goalline was, to me, obviously the right call (though it was close). The flag never should have been thrown in the first place.

I can understand those two calls frustrating you guys. Truly, I can. But I think your emotion is getting the best of you. I thought both of those calls were correct.

That's just my honest opinion.

Disagree. Neither should have been called. The only reason why most of us are pissed about it is because of lack of consistency. Obviously, Osborne's penalty was wrong, and as another poster mentioned, if E-Mart really did have 2 penalties, you can bet that ABC would have shown them.

2 other things, Henry got a late hit penalty on our first FG drive, but on A&Ms 2nd FG drive, Gray got a first down, and one of A&M's OL's hit Prince even later that Henry hit your guy, and hit him in the back, but no penalty. Also, holding is totally a farce, but I saw more than once when A&M's OL's dang near tore the shoulder pads off of Meredith and our DT's, with no call.

Our penalties have been pissing me off for years, but this is becoming a trend. We get pretty much everything called on us, while our opponents get next to no penalties, no matter how poorly, sloppy or cheap they play.

Well, I STRONGLY disagree about two things:

1) the PI on your DB on the 3rd down play to Fuller was, to me, obviously the right call.

2) the non-PI on our DB on the 3rd down play near the goalline was, to me, obviously the right call (though it was close). The flag never should have been thrown in the first place.

I can understand those two calls frustrating you guys. Truly, I can. But I think your emotion is getting the best of you. I thought both of those calls were correct.

That's just my honest opinion.

I can't argue with that, even wearing my red shades. But like I stated, I had a problem with the lack of holding calls.

I can, unless its a different DPI that one (one that also extended a drive) was OFFENSIVE interference, yet they called it on Dennard.

Our penalties have been pissing me off for years, but this is becoming a trend. We get pretty much everything called on us, while our opponents get next to no penalties, no matter how poorly, sloppy or cheap they play.

I, like the OP stated, would also be upset if I was in your shoes. However, I just don't think you can lay all of the blame for the loss on the officiating.

We had OU at Kyle Field three weeks ago and had a similar situation with the officiating. It seemed every call went their way at crucial moments throughout the game. Oklahoma ended up with 4 penalties for 29 yards and we ended up with 13 for 83. Again, this was AT KYLE FIELD! The difference was that we played well enough to take it out of the ref's hands.

You guys can scream all you want about the officiating, but none of you have acknowledged the other areas of the game that played just as big of a role in the loss, if not bigger, than the officiating.

You had two turnovers on drives that could have lead to points. You failed to capitalize on three possessions that started at midfield. THREE! Our terrible punting put you in favorable field position all night. If you manage to drive 25 yards on just one of those possessions, then it could have been a completely different ball game. You had 3:02 left on the clock for your final drive and, once again, you failed to produce points.

Many of have said the questionable roughing the passer penalty gave us an "automatic" field goal because it put us on the 35 yard line. Not true. Our kicking game, as I am sure you noticed, is still a work in progress. No way was that an "automatic" 3 points for us. Even after the penalty, we drove for another 32 yards. Again, you had multiple opportunities to stop us and force a field goal of greater difficulty.

Take a step back and look at the big picture. We are not part of some "Big 12 conspiracy" that is determined to see you fall. Crap, when it comes to your beef with the Big 12 and Beebe being a lap dog for Deloss Dodds, we are right there with you. Please don't lump us in with them.

I can understand your being upset, but there were other factors well within your control that lead to the loss.

Once again, we sure do not wish you guys any ill will and hope you have great success in the Big 10.