Injury at Practice today...

If this is true what are players doing in practice that are resulting in breaking their a leg or foot? Are they taking off their helmets and wacking each other in their shins?

So we've lost Fisher, Smith, Compton (for a few games), and maybe Paul because of either a broken foot or leg.

• Fire 1

YES NILES PAUL IS OUT :corndance :corndance :corndance

The possibility of NP being out for senior day/his final home game as a husker, thats saddening. Didnt he grow up in Nebraska?

Hes had his share of bone-headed mistakes but he has also been a game changer for this team.

Hope the rumor isnt true NP, id like to see him go out strong in his Memorial Stadium finale along with the other graduating seniors.

• Fire 1

Assuming this is true, it is nothing to delight in. Sure he has made some critical mistakes, but he is a playmaker on our offense that has very few with TM hobbled. His ability attracts more attention and thus helps our run game. He is a legit threat to take it all the way on any play. And he has spent his college career helping bring the Big Red back. I would love to see him on the field Friday for his sake and the team's coming into the game banged up, more controversy than needed and facing a team that sans a terrible coach is playing much better.

Speaking of Niles, am I the only fan who thinks he needs "glasses"? Seems as the ball approaches him he loses it or just is not focused enough to complete the play. Balls have bounced off his facemask, hit him in the midsection and so on.

At the very least he needs to have his eyes checked.

Hope the rumors on this board are false about his injury yesterday. When Niles is "good" he is really good! and vice versa the other way. We do need him.

That would suck.

I've got mixed feelings. I was done with this guy weeks ago. For me ... it's a none issue.

I wouldnt' want any player to miss the last home game ... and that of his career. However, with all the mistakes this kid makes ... until he tries to make up for them ... his just a disappointment. With the possible "upside" ... now there is no downside of mistakes.

I would think that we have enough playmakers to mix it up ... but our focus has to be opening up some holes on the line and running the ball with authority. If we can't do that against CU then do we deserve to win?

SheepdogMark

Yeah Niles Paul out is not a good thing. He's a weapon that Colorado (and okst/ou maybe) have to gameplan for. We're already down our biggest weapon and need players to step up. Losing Niles is huge right now. If Taylor were healthy the impact wouldn't be quite a dramatic but this may really hamper shawn watson.

That would suck.

I've got mixed feelings. I was done with this guy weeks ago. For me ... it's a none issue.

I wouldnt' want any player to miss the last home game ... and that of his career. However, with all the mistakes this kid makes ... until he tries to make up for them ... his just a disappointment. With the possible "upside" ... now there is no downside of mistakes.

I would think that we have enough playmakers to mix it up ... but our focus has to be opening up some holes on the line and running the ball with authority. If we can't do that against CU then do we deserve to win?

SheepdogMark

Yeah, Niles is the ONLY person we have who commits mistakes. There's a huge downside.