Injury at Practice today...

I can't really say our offense will operate any differently without him on the field. Since Watson cannot adjust his offense away from the Martinez based offense, it doesn't really matter if we have Niles. This offense will be the same cluster we have seen the last few weeks. Alex Henery better start warming up for some 75+ yard field goals so we can get some points on the board.

The only person that will inject life into this dead offense has a boot on one foot, a bum ankle, and a bad attitude.

I have mixed feelings on this one for sure. while it sucks for Niles, as it would have been his last game in Memorial...this might allow someone else to step up who wouldn't have otherwise got the chance, and it will throw a kink in CU's gameplan that's for sure. paul has been firmly planted in that 1st read spot all season regardless of production or deficiencies. kinnie might raise his game. enunwa might get in there to make an impact. a VERY reliable pass catcher that has been completely under utilized this year named Mike McNeill might actually get the ball thrown his way. a new return man might emerge. IMO, the glass is half full on this one.

Believe me or not, my GF went to Harry Potter last night and then downtown (O street) for a few drinks. She saw Niles Paul, Mike Mcneil, and a few other players. I was shocked because I thought players weren't allowed downtown during the season, but she was positive it was them. Niles Paul did have a walking boot on.

Damn, maybe a twin :LOLtartar

This injury if true is a blow to this offense, no two ways around it. Even though he has only one offensive TD this season, he's still a receiving threat that opposing defenses must account for. And he's been instrumental as a great outside blocker in the run game.

Oh and if you haven't noticed, Paul has really picked up his play and focus a few notches since his fumble vs ISU. He had very solid outings vs KU and aTm, so I'd hate to see him go down right when he's starting to hit his stride.