Fire Shawn Watson

Kruzu

I've come to the realization that there is nothing Watson can do to win over the fan base. I can only think of one game (texas tech 09) where a game plan was not drawn up that put the team in a position to win. However the people on this board seem to think that it is the OC's job to catch the ball, not fumble, or to magicaly heal injured players. Look at what happned to Bama's offnese today when they went down to their back up qb. We are on our third string and people act like that should not impact an offense in any way. What is hard to understand that the offense has looked pretty good for about 8 out of 12 games, and the games when it has looked poor have been due to exicution not play calling or game plan.

Agree 100%. It's very unfortunate also. I think he's the only staff member that kept the Callahan teams from complete implosion (Hint: It sure wasn't Cosgrove!) People also need to remember that our offense was definitely nothing to write home about during the last few years of the Solich era as well.

it comes down to one word

consistency....

we can use all these terms and look at data or compare and contrast but the fact is that sometimes i think some people dont find him to be consistent... he has many great games but many poor games as well.... its just too up and down for some tastes i suppose...... i havent laid too much judgement at Watson for the most part and i am not going to now... he called a great game and i think we should be all proud of his contributions thus far in this game

I've come to the realization that there is nothing Watson can do to win over the fan base. I can only think of one game (texas tech 09) where a game plan was not drawn up that put the team in a position to win. However the people on this board seem to think that it is the OC's job to catch the ball, not fumble, or to magicaly heal injured players. Look at what happned to Bama's offnese today when they went down to their back up qb. We are on our third string and people act like that should not impact an offense in any way. What is hard to understand that the offense has looked pretty good for about 8 out of 12 games, and the games when it has looked poor have been due to exicution not play calling or game plan.

When it comes to the fact that like last weeks game if we simply score ONE DARN td, we win. In addition, that fact has happened in 4 of our 6 losses over the last 2 years. Think about that a sec. Now, this offense was explosive to start the year. But Watson lacks the overall consistency and smarts in playcalling. Perfect example, today, on the goal line, he call a counter with a pulling guard. you dont pull lineman on the goalline. Just go straight ahead. And i agree with the poster that notates the defense scoring points today theoretically. We had 21 points for sure that came off golden field position set up by to's. Im sorry but i have lost hope with Watson, it's just not working, but who knows, with another year of developement, maybe the staff and player combination will continue to gel. I just dont forsee it on a consistent basis.

When it comes to the fact that like last weeks game if we simply score ONE DARN td, we win. In addition, that fact has happened in 4 of our 6 losses over the last 2 years. Think about that a sec. Now, this offense was explosive to start the year. But Watson lacks the overall consistency and smarts in playcalling. Perfect example, today, on the goal line, he call a counter with a pulling guard. you dont pull lineman on the goalline. Just go straight ahead. And i agree with the poster that notates the defense scoring points today theoretically. We had 21 points for sure that came off golden field position set up by to's. Im sorry but i have lost hope with Watson, it's just not working, but who knows, with another year of developement, maybe the staff and player combination will continue to gel. I just dont forsee it on a consistent basis.

Again we are playing our 3rd string qb who (I believe) had a concussion 3 weeks ago, The counter play with the lineman pulling I would not have called, but there is a reason I'm not coaching. The fact that no one can deny is that Watson's game plan has had us in a position to win 25 out of the last 26 games had the game plan been exicuted properly what more can us ask of an OC.

someomne will post the graphic eventually, someone nailed it on the head here earlier. How many f'ing games do we have to lose where we only score field goals? Everyone is on his nuts when we blow the teams out were supposed to. A lot make excuses for him when we get in tight battles and dont produce. Someone above pointed out the 41 okie state hung...well sh#t. The defense had a bad game. A. A bad game. The same cant be said about the offense.

Oh, you just heard Cunningham say that about the goal line play.

Again we are playing our 3rd string qb who (I believe) had a concussion 3 weeks ago, The counter play with the lineman pulling I would not have called, but there is a reason I'm not coaching. The fact that no one can deny is that Watson's game plan has had us in a position to win 25 out of the last 26 games had the game plan been exicuted properly what more can us ask of an OC.

No, the defense kept us in most of those games. Stevie Wonder could see that.

Why do we consistently choke against any team that doesn't life up its skirt?

Because whenever we light up a team, we consider the other team to be lifting up its skirt.

We have straight up smashed the Buffaloes today, even with Cody Green, who has had a very good and maybe even redeeming day. #3 QB and all that, it suddenly looks like we got something to work with in the CCG.

You do realize colorado just finished with 5 wins right? Bad team...

Missouri? Oklahoma State?

Colorado had everything to play for today and we were seriously ailing on offense. Down to a 3rd string QB few believed in, maybe even including the staff. Just lost our top WR at the start of the week. I don't see how this game can't be seen as a huge credit to the offense especially considering what they had to work with.

I do see this game as a huge credit to the offense, and to the staff. I thought they did well.

But it was one game, and it was against Colorado. Colorado is a bad football team.

Against Missouri, we only managed one touchdown after Martinez left the game, and Martinez played his tail off against Oklahoma State.

If we put up a solid offensive performance next week, then I'll be impressed. But if they go out and play another game where they don't even score an offensive touchdown...

• Fire 1

It's the coachs job to teach these players consistency...such as discipline in the run game and passing game (holding calls, fall starts). For god sake our offense cant keep from jumping offsides AT HOME, when its dead silent..I want to see just one drive of 12 plays or longer where our offense isn't flagged and put back into a 3rd in long..u have to be insane to say that the majority of it isn't coaching.. what does our offense do at practice? Wats needs to get back to the basics such as blocking drills, understanding snap counts, catching the ball, and holding on to the dang football...teach consistency...and you will get consistency.

I've come to the realization that there is nothing Watson can do to win over the fan base.

:yeah

Yeah, it's even ridiculous to argue with 'em.

At this point I would be OK with a change at OC, WR coach and O-line coach but the Watson haters have reached the point of absurdity. He is to blame for everything that is wrong in your life.