9 Things and One Crazy Prediction

If the big east gets TCU and now is talking to a big 12 teams mainly KU does that mean the tigers or KSU head east for 12 teams.

Thats alot of traveling for those athletic departments. I remember hearing K State makes a decent profit and not sure about Kansas, but those are some serious cross country treks. Can they afford that?

And, yes, we all know Texas has clout. If the other nine members of the reconfigured Big 12 don't go along, Texas hasn't minded using its power before and could easily reopen talks with the Pac-12 or go independent.

Hurry up little children of the big 12. Your daddy Texas is almost home and he's had a tough day at work. Run along now, I'll get his supper warm and clean the house, you get his slippers and brandy ready..

Don't want Daddy getting mad and threatening to leave us again, do we kids?

agree with most that was said here, other than the Big 12 and or TCU screwed up by not courting each other. TCU had nothing to offer the Big 12 it didnt already have. The Big East, academically and socially, is much better for TCU as a whole. And travel? Its not much farther than they were traveling before, and anyone that travels much knows its nearly half as much to bounce out to the east coast as it is to the BFE's they were humping to before, especially with DFW out their back door.

Arkansas wont join the Big 12 that's a fact of life. They are very very happy in the SEC. What the Big 12 did do that was completely moronic is the second Nebraska and Colorado said adios, it should have gotten TCU and Boise State. Everyone in the league could have honestly have said it would have been better off. Yes, Nebraska will become a power again, but the fact of the matter is Boise State and TCU are powers NOW. Notre Dame wont touch it with a 10 ft pole(Big 12). Texas can do as it pleases and until someone in their conference has the guts to stand up to them they can do that.

:laughpound

• Fire 1

Arkansas will never join back with Texas. TCU was never going to get into the B12, why would UT want to legitimize another in-state recruiting threat. The Big12 will die because of Texass' never ending need for money and power. Glad we got out.

I agree if you read the history of the SWC breaking up, it is very similar to the big 12. First arkansas left citing similar reasons to nebraska shortly there after (I believe 3 years) the conference dis-banded. It won't be long now and Texas still trying to throw power after a 5-7 season will only speed up the process.

The Big 12 should be done in 3-4 years. The SEC is probably going to grow to 16. The pac 10 the same. I think the Big 10 may only add Notre Dame and one other (let's hope it is not Texas) and I doubt it would be them. They can not throw their weight around with those schools.

We are going to see some major re-alignment coming soon.

Glad NU took the offer that we got from the Big 10. Great move for academics as well as athletics!

I have hated the Big XII since it was formed. The Big 8 was intact and it added 4 teams from a disbanded conference and THEY got all the power? Dr. Tom was not happy at the time, and I have a rule of thumb...if Dr. Tom doesn't think it is good, it most likely isn't.

So now that we see yet another conference go :flush at the hands of Texas, I have only one thing to say:

:clap:rollin:clap:rollin:clap:rollin:clap:rollin:clap:rollin

I think the fact that TCU just accepted a bid to join the Big Least shows the Big 12-2 is doomed. Why would they accept that nod if they had a snowball's chance of joining the Texas 12? They clearly would not, if for no other reason than the cost in travel for their Olympic sports. Clearly TCU has information that leads them to believe they will not get into the Big 12, OR they have info leading them to believe the Big 12 will dissolve soon.

This deal between Texas and ESPN is huge, people. Do not discount this situation in the grand scheme of things. If Texas is guaranteed a Notre Dame deal (an automatic berth into the BCS if they're in the BCS top eight), all they have to do is schedule nine patsies and two decent teams, win their two games and demolish the patsies, they're golden with a guaranteed $15 million from ESPN and another $9 million from a BCS game - which they would not split. That's a cool $24 million without hassles per year, which they would have made four of the past six years.

Texas is in the driver's seat, big time. The rest of the Texettes can rattle their sabers all they want - the Whorns will laugh all the way to the bank regardless of what the others do. That's the kind of leverage Texas brings to the table in every negotiation with the dregs of this conference, and not one of the others brings the same. Without Texas the Big 12 has marquee Oklahoma, Big Money A&M (but rarely a contender, lately), Oklahoma State which is locally known but not a national draw, and a Tech squad that screwed themselves by firing Leach. Missouri is on-again/off-again, but rarely a contender to be much of anything, and KSU, KU, Baylor and ISU are afterthoughts.

It is beyond stupid the way Missouri, Baylor, A&M, KU, KSU and ISU have let themselves get screwed here. But the most criminally stupid school in this whole fiasco is Oklahoma, a non-AAU school whose national appeal is minimal due to academic shortcomings (they're ranked 52nd amongst Public Universities by US News & World Report). That ranking, combined with their failure to gain AAU membership, makes Oklahoma's position extremely difficult in a conference without Texas. They will not gain admission into the Big Ten (AAU membership required) and they will not be asked to join the SEC (can't remember why, but this came out with expansion talks last year). They MAY go to the Pac-12, but if they do that'll trigger Armageddon and half the remainder of the Big 12 will get left outside looking in anyway. Oklahoma needs a strong conference, while Texas doesn't. Knowing this, they still threw their lot in with the Whorns rather than their traditional brethren to the North, and frankly, the Whorns don't care.

Now more than ever I see the Big 12 crumbling, and I see several schools suffering for it. And they have only themselves to blame.

I agree, and the quote in bold is the 1st thing I thought. I may be wrong but I think the Notre Dame Deals are behind us but that is just my hunch. With 10 teams and passing on the 2 best remaining I think the Big 12 showed it is on its way down.

2nd thought ....... can recruting ever suffer for Texas if they end up in a mess like this? Probably not but just a thought.

I think the fact that TCU just accepted a bid to join the Big Least shows the Big 12-2 is doomed. Why would they accept that nod if they had a snowball's chance of joining the Texas 12? They clearly would not, if for no other reason than the cost in travel for their Olympic sports. Clearly TCU has information that leads them to believe they will not get into the Big 12, OR they have info leading them to believe the Big 12 will dissolve soon.

This deal between Texas and ESPN is huge, people. Do not discount this situation in the grand scheme of things. If Texas is guaranteed a Notre Dame deal (an automatic berth into the BCS if they're in the BCS top eight), all they have to do is schedule nine patsies and two decent teams, win their two games and demolish the patsies, they're golden with a guaranteed $15 million from ESPN and another $9 million from a BCS game - which they would not split. That's a cool $24 million without hassles per year, which they would have made four of the past six years.

Texas is in the driver's seat, big time. The rest of the Texettes can rattle their sabers all they want - the Whorns will laugh all the way to the bank regardless of what the others do. That's the kind of leverage Texas brings to the table in every negotiation with the dregs of this conference, and not one of the others brings the same. Without Texas the Big 12 has marquee Oklahoma, Big Money A&M (but rarely a contender, lately), Oklahoma State which is locally known but not a national draw, and a Tech squad that screwed themselves by firing Leach. Missouri is on-again/off-again, but rarely a contender to be much of anything, and KSU, KU, Baylor and ISU are afterthoughts.

It is beyond stupid the way Missouri, Baylor, A&M, KU, KSU and ISU have let themselves get screwed here. But the most criminally stupid school in this whole fiasco is Oklahoma, a non-AAU school whose national appeal is minimal due to academic shortcomings (they're ranked 52nd amongst Public Universities by US News & World Report). That ranking, combined with their failure to gain AAU membership, makes Oklahoma's position extremely difficult in a conference without Texas. They will not gain admission into the Big Ten (AAU membership required) and they will not be asked to join the SEC (can't remember why, but this came out with expansion talks last year). They MAY go to the Pac-12, but if they do that'll trigger Armageddon and half the remainder of the Big 12 will get left outside looking in anyway. Oklahoma needs a strong conference, while Texas doesn't. Knowing this, they still threw their lot in with the Whorns rather than their traditional brethren to the North, and frankly, the Whorns don't care.

Now more than ever I see the Big 12 crumbling, and I see several schools suffering for it. And they have only themselves to blame.

And as we Nebraska fans kick back with our games on TV and our liberation from the Texas hegemony, I will relish the complete annihilation of the most corrupt and moronic league in college athletics.

If the big east gets TCU and now is talking to a big 12 teams mainly KU does that mean the tigers or KSU head east for 12 teams.

Thats alot of traveling for those athletic departments. I remember hearing K State makes a decent profit and not sure about Kansas, but those are some serious cross country treks. Can they afford that?

Oil & gas ain't going to get cheaper either.