Taylor rumor

Because I don't think they need to dignify message board rumors with a response. If they are asked about anything, like Watson was about Taylor's sideline demeanor, you will just get words of support on Taylor and denials that anything is wrong with what he was doing. That is how it always will be and exactly how it should be. It doesn't give us any useful hints either way, but that's just too bad for us. Fans always want information, while coaches will always protect their team. These often are at odds with one another.

On a similar note if there is/was any truth to any of this, why hasn't Bo, Martinez or his Dad come out with denials that he's not leaving and he's a Husker thru-and-thru? Wouldn't you want to squash all of this and move on to more real issues or concerns especially with the CCG and your bowl game approaching? I'm not sure about all of the who-can-speak-when rules, but I'm curious as to why no denial by anyone.?.?

You're presuming that the rumors actually affect the team, or something about this game. Everyone citing this or that rumor is just guessing, and the team knows it. They're 99% focused on Oklahoma, and frankly they don't care about the rumors (because there are always rumors about something) and they don't care what we posit here on the internet. They care about what's going on in the locker room, and they have the full story. Mostly they just roll their eyes at this stuff, chuckle, and wonder who dreams some of it up.

i don't think Pelini shoots straight with the fans. it is always about his team and how he wants to run it, if you are hoping to hear the truth, don't bother waiting on Pelini to tell it like it is concerning Martinez or any other player....he has this psycho need to keep the truth from everyone, which makes the guy look childish. he will continue with no comment regarding anything controversial with this team...i am quickly tiring of defending him. the win/loss record is meaningless without integrity and dignity, Bo has a lot of growing up to do....this is more about Bo than it is about TM.

On a similar note if there is/was any truth to any of this, why hasn't Bo, Martinez or his Dad come out with denials that he's not leaving and he's a Husker thru-and-thru? Wouldn't you want to squash all of this and move on to more real issues or concerns especially with the CCG and your bowl game approaching? I'm not sure about all of the who-can-speak-when rules, but I'm curious as to why no denial by anyone.?.?

You're presuming that the rumors actually affect the team, or something about this game. Everyone citing this or that rumor is just guessing, and the team knows it. They're 99% focused on Oklahoma, and frankly they don't care about the rumors (because there are always rumors about something) and they don't care what we posit here on the internet. They care about what's going on in the locker room, and they have the full story. Mostly they just roll their eyes at this stuff, chuckle, and wonder who dreams some of it up.

But not all rumors are as big as your star-to-be-or-already-is Quarterback leaving the team. And if a "rumor" is getting this much response on an internet thread, you know it's a topic of conversation behind closed doors at "N". So I can understand not replying to silly rumors or internet threads or "tweets", but this isn't you every day rumor.

i don't think Pelini shoots straight with the fans. it is always about his team and how he wants to run it, if you are hoping to hear the truth, don't bother waiting on Pelini to tell it like it is concerning Martinez or any other player....he has this psycho need to keep the truth from everyone, which makes the guy look childish. he will continue with no comment regarding anything controversial with this team...i am quickly tiring of defending him. the win/loss record is meaningless without integrity and dignity, Bo has a lot of growing up to do....this is more about Bo than it is about TM.

My my, someone has entitlement issues.

Injuries, personal problems, and the like are really none of your or my business. Don't like it? Too bad.

• Fire 1

I don't have time to run through all the previous posts, but in all this QB secrecy has anyone explained why Zac Lee is healthy enough to scramble and pass in the fourth quarter of a game that's in the bag, but isn't available to start against Colorado or Oklahoma? Given that the coaches considered a healthy Zac Lee, a cripppled Taylor Martinez and a wildcatting Rex Burkhead preferable to letting Cody Green run this team, I'd think they'd give Zac the Senior every chance for redemption.

I understand why coaches circle the wagons and feel no obligation to let the press or fans know anything, but it seems to me that Pelini goes out of his way to make it a circus, then complains about people making it a circus.

My my, someone has entitlement issues.

Injuries, personal problems, and the like are really none of your or my business. Don't like it? Too bad.

nope, his right to hide the most ridiculous, trival issues that he chooses, he just looks foolish constantly doing it. he tends to make a conroversy of his own choosing, but then pisses and moans when people bring it up.

I don't have time to run through all the previous posts, but in all this QB secrecy has anyone explained why Zac Lee is healthy enough to scramble and pass in the fourth quarter of a game that's in the bag, but isn't available to start against Colorado or Oklahoma? Given that the coaches considered a healthy Zac Lee, a cripppled Taylor Martinez and a wildcatting Rex Burkhead preferable to letting Cody Green run this team, I'd think they'd give Zac the Senior every chance for redemption.

I understand why coaches circle the wagons and feel no obligation to let the press or fans know anything, but it seems to me that Pelini goes out of his way to make it a circus, then complains about people making it a circus.

you know zach was 3rd string all year right?

and i dont know what you mean about the coaches complaining about this media "circus", and Bo certainly doesnt do anything to intentionally draw more attention to himself

Zac was not third string all year. He was apparently in some kind of doghouse at the start but once the chips were down it was obvious he was the only one the coaches really trusted, even though they tried to give that job to Cody. He was #2 from then on out until he got himself hurt.

He is still hurt, and that's why he is out of the picture. Being able to go in for some token, meaningless plays on Senior Day doesn't say anything good about his health. Unless he has gotten drastically healthier. I'm pretty sure he is just an emergency QB, though, at this point. It would be scary if he had to go in.

I hope Taylor plays this Saturday, just so all of these rumors get shot down in one glorious instant. And if/when they do, all of the people on this board who bought in should be tagged with a "Gullibility Level" underneath their username. We can just use the homeland security model with all the colors. The person that posted that email will be "Gullibility level: RED."

you know zach was 3rd string all year right?

and i dont know what you mean about the coaches complaining about this media "circus", and Bo certainly doesnt do anything to intentionally draw more attention to himself

You do know that in the biggest game of the year when Pelini pulled Taylor against Texas, he put Zac Lee in instead of Cody Green, right?

And the first game of the year, when it was announced that they wouldn't announce the starting qb and we just had to wait until the first snap to see who took the field? That's a self-made circus, and it had nothing to do with how Western Kentucky would prepare for the game. Didn't have that much to do with who was playing qb the rest of the season as the three qbs would be running essentially the same system. Would defensive coordinators prepare differently for Cody Green, telling the team they wouldn't have to react quite as fast?