They F'ing MAILED the trophy to us!

i dont understand why people are crying/so upset about this. In 2008 the Big 12 mailed it to MU and our AD delivered it to the team the day they got it.... 5 days after they won the division. Who freaking cares. people are looking to make a HUGE deal of of nothing, nothing was done different..........

OR WAS IT!?!?!? They have been out to get MU since 08!!!! Where is my tin foil hat!!!!

:sarcasm

I just dont see the big deal of it.... but i might be alone on that, i dont know.....

I've mentioned the Tigers' trophy in '08 several times, but there's a lot of hysteria to overcome.

The sad thing is, if you strip away the hysteria here, there's still plenty of factual issues to levy against the Big XII. They get overlooked too often, though. So it goes.

It is just crazy people fuel to the fire. I know we are on the same page on this. This conference is far from perfect and has been for a while. The officials were bad year round for all teams. Ne benifited from some non calls and suffered from others that should not be called on them or from others not being called. But that is not just a Ne issue. There are a number of games this year that have been as bad. Ne/ATM might have been the worst...but it is not by itself and you are not the only team.

The leadership in the big 12 has been poor and the in-fighting continues to get worse..... it is what it is... as you said knappy, "so it goes..."

Shut up and listen to this podcast by Matt Davidson. Matt Davidson On This Issue

We already have enough of our own fans whining we don't need anymore.

i dont understand why people are crying/so upset about this. In 2008 the Big 12 mailed it to MU and our AD delivered it to the team the day they got it.... 5 days after they won the division. Who freaking cares. people are looking to make a HUGE deal of of nothing, nothing was done different..........

OR WAS IT!?!?!? They have been out to get MU since 08!!!! Where is my tin foil hat!!!!

I just dont see the big deal of it.... but i might be alone on that, i dont know.....

I've mentioned the Tigers' trophy in '08 several times, but there's a lot of hysteria to overcome.

The sad thing is, if you strip away the hysteria here, there's still plenty of factual issues to levy against the Big XII. They get overlooked too often, though. So it goes.

It is just crazy people fuel to the fire. I know we are on the same page on this. This conference is far from perfect and has been for a while. The officials were bad year round for all teams. Ne benifited from some non calls and suffered from others that should not be called on them or from others not being called. But that is not just a Ne issue. There are a number of games this year that have been as bad. Ne/ATM might have been the worst...but it is not by itself and you are not the only team.

The leadership in the big 12 has been poor and the in-fighting continues to get worse..... it is what it is... as you said knappy, "so it goes..."

Shut up and listen to this podcast by Matt Davidson. Matt Davidson On This Issue

friend, i am not whining. just pointing out that i think its silly that people are making a big deal of it. AndhHow i dont understand (although the same thing happened to my team, and others i would imagine)

And i could care less to listen to matt play his sad violin on KC radio agian. For someone who hoped the topic wouldnt get brought up he sure spend 20+ minutes going on and on about it.

friend, i am not whining. just pointing out that i think its silly that people are making a big deal of it. AndhHow i dont understand (although the same thing happened to my team, and others i would imagine)

And i could care less to listen to matt play his sad violin on KC radio agian. For someone who hoped the topic wouldnt get brought up he sure spend 20+ minutes going on and on about it.

Obviously you have never achieved anything meaningful or experienced anything remotely close to wining something in your life. Do you think the players, the ones who make college football so great, deserve this kind of treatment. To this day my greatest memory was receiving that banner after we won our first playoff game in high school. If I found out the Ihssa or whatever wasn't going to give us our banner till a week later because the commissioner was being a pu&&y, you probably wouldn't have seen a smile on my face that night. Get my point?

For me, this is a dead issue. I can hardly blame Beebe...he has to see the writing on the wall. He knows his house of flimsy cards is about to topple and blow to the four corners of the country in the breeze. He seems impotent, a man meekly safeguarding a dying enterprise...and our defection signified the death sentence.

Heck, TCU just went to the Big East. The Big East!!!

Of course he is bitter. He should hate us. Every time he looks in the mirror, he knows that his facade is maybe five years away from coming into the light of day and melting. I actually feel bad for him. If this was post Black Monday, 1929, Dan would be on the ledge...and then off the ledge.

Obviously you have never achieved anything meaningful or experienced anything remotely close to wining something in your life. Do you think the players, the ones who make college football so great, deserve this kind of treatment. To this day my greatest memory was receiving that banner after we won our first playoff game in high school. If I found out the Ihssa or whatever wasn't going to give us our banner till a week later because the commissioner was being a pu&&y, you probably wouldn't have seen a smile on my face that night. Get my point?

All he's telling you is that there is precedent for the Big XII to give the trophy to the winning team at a later date, with or without the commissioner present. Last year Beebe gave the Huskers the trophy in the locker room. This year he didn't. Same thing happened to Missouri in 2008. That's Fro's point - it happens, it doesn't happen, and there's often not a good explanation for why the commish is or isn't present.

There are lots of things to hold against the Big XII. This, as it turns out, isn't one of them.

The inconsistencies of the trophy presentation just goes to show how much of D-bag this guy is. What the hell is the comissioner going to be doing on a Saturday night? Glad handing big money in Ft Worth I suppose. I need to head over to ShaggyBevo and see if there was ever a case where Mack Brown had to wait on his trophy.

If that is the case why didnt they just say that?

Beebe is the commissioner. If he is handing out Division trophies to some teams but not others it shows he doesn't care about that those teams as much. Beebe would've been safe he just didn't want to hear boos. Beebe is making every excuse not to do his job because we are leaving and ruined the Big 12 in his eyes even though the Longwhorns were just as busy whoring themselves out to anybody that would listen. it's only a matter of time before OU pulls out and Texas is stuck with nothing but crappy teams in the Big 12.

@ Fro Daddy: From the outside looking in you don't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it.

geeze its a divisional trophy. we dont need some kind of philosophical epiphany, but that you confucius for your infinite wisdom

this is something that we should probably get over, at the risk of looking like big, whinney, paranoid conspiracy theorists. but who knows, at this rate maybe we can convince jesse ventura to come down here and "investigate".

I still think Bo should get an endorsement out of this. The commercial shows Bo taking a package from a delivery person. He takes it over to his desk and opens it up and the camera quick cuts to show the trophy in the box.

when it absolutley, positively has to get there over night..... :rollin