They F'ing MAILED the trophy to us!

correct me if I am wrong here Fro... but wasnt the BIG 12 North trophy handed to MU after they beat Kansas last weekend? That game I dont think was on TV so I am not quite sure if this is true.

nope. they only trophies there were the war drum and the lamar hunt border war something or other. i think they mailed out all the co-winners to the schools. 5 division winners this year, nearly as many as non winners. LOL

@Always a Husker:

To your point I won two State Championships in H.S. Regardless if we got the stupid medal at the end we knew we were champions. Once the clock hit 0:00 the celebration started. I don't think that the players on the team made as big of an issue of the trophy as we fans are. They know they are North champions because they are going to the game. When they win tomorrow night regardless to if they write it on a post it note or throw them a parade, they will know they are the last Big 12 Champions in the conferences current form.

correct me if I am wrong here Fro... but wasnt the BIG 12 North trophy handed to MU after they beat Kansas last weekend? That game I dont think was on TV so I am not quite sure if this is true.

nope. they only trophies there were the war drum and the lamar hunt border war something or other. i think they mailed out all the co-winners to the schools. 5 division winners this year, nearly as many as non winners. LOL

This smells of grade school, everybody gets a ribbon for participation!

No Worries: Cotton was asked if he felt slighted that the Big 12 declined to send a representative to Lincoln last week to present the Huskers with the Big 12 North trophy. "I had no idea that even happened, to be honest," he said.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_ada461de-fc26-11df-97c0-001cc4c03286.html

The team doesn’t seem care so the fans shouldn’t either.

i dont understand why people are crying/so upset about this. In 2008 the Big 12 mailed it to MU and our AD delivered it to the team the day they got it.... 5 days after they won the division. Who freaking cares. people are looking to make a HUGE deal of of nothing, nothing was done different..........

OR WAS IT!?!?!? They have been out to get MU since 08!!!! Where is my tin foil hat!!!!

:sarcasm

I just dont see the big deal of it.... but i might be alone on that, i dont know.....

I've mentioned the Tigers' trophy in '08 several times, but there's a lot of hysteria to overcome.

The sad thing is, if you strip away the hysteria here, there's still plenty of factual issues to levy against the Big XII. They get overlooked too often, though. So it goes.

It is just crazy people fuel to the fire. I know we are on the same page on this. This conference is far from perfect and has been for a while. The officials were bad year round for all teams. Ne benifited from some non calls and suffered from others that should not be called on them or from others not being called. But that is not just a Ne issue. There are a number of games this year that have been as bad. Ne/ATM might have been the worst...but it is not by itself and you are not the only team.

The leadership in the big 12 has been poor and the in-fighting continues to get worse..... it is what it is... as you said knappy, "so it goes..."

Shut up and listen to this podcast by Matt Davidson. Matt Davidson On This Issue

We already have enough of our own fans whining we don't need anymore.

friend, i am not whining. just pointing out that i think its silly that people are making a big deal of it. AndhHow i dont understand (although the same thing happened to my team, and others i would imagine)

And i could care less to listen to matt play his sad violin on KC radio agian. For someone who hoped the topic wouldnt get brought up he sure spend 20+ minutes going on and on about it.

Obviously you have never achieved anything meaningful or experienced anything remotely close to wining something in your life. Do you think the players, the ones who make college football so great, deserve this kind of treatment. To this day my greatest memory was receiving that banner after we won our first playoff game in high school. If I found out the Ihssa or whatever wasn't going to give us our banner till a week later because the commissioner was being a pu&&y, you probably wouldn't have seen a smile on my face that night. Get my point?

I get what your saying but like Knappy explained in his post, you are missing what I am saying. Its not the first time it was done this way and in no way was NE singled out. Would it have been nice to have them there to do it....sure. Has it been mailed to teams before....Sure has

And FYI i am glad you won 1 playoff game.... i played for a number of titles in my HS and AAU/USSAA playing career in a number of sports winning more playoff games than i have time to get straight in my head, but whatever :rolleyes: That has little to nothing to do with this situation. I'v lost half of those stupid little banners/plaques/trophes anyway.

@ Fro Daddy: From the outside looking in you don't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it.

geeze its a divisional trophy. we dont need some kind of philosophical epiphany, but that you confucius for your infinite wisdom

this is something that we should probably get over, at the risk of looking like big, whinney, paranoid conspiracy theorists. but who knows, at this rate maybe we can convince jesse ventura to come down here and "investigate".

I'm not talking about the trophy per se, I am however, explaining to Fro Daddy that he has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to Nebraska Football because he is not part of Nebraska football.

i dont understand why people are crying/so upset about this. In 2008 the Big 12 mailed it to MU and our AD delivered it to the team the day they got it.... 5 days after they won the division. Who freaking cares. people are looking to make a HUGE deal of of nothing, nothing was done different..........

2008? What are you talking about? Beebe was there to present the trophy to Mizzou. He waited out in the rain for half an hour after the KU game——but he couldn’t find anyone from Mizzou to give it to. Everybody from Mizzou was in the lockerroom crying after Todd Reesing and KU kicked you guys to the curb.

This smells of grade school, everybody gets a ribbon for participation!

I am with you. In reality those 5 teams are co-champions of their respective divisions. That is true, they did finish in a tie for first. But I am not one for all the trophies to every team. Present them to the teams that play for the title.

No Worries: Cotton was asked if he felt slighted that the Big 12 declined to send a representative to Lincoln last week to present the Huskers with the Big 12 North trophy. "I had no idea that even happened, to be honest," he said.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_ada461de-fc26-11df-97c0-001cc4c03286.html

Cotton has a ridiculously short memory if he said that:

2009northchamps.jpg

To be honest, since the players and the coaches don't care, fans shouldn't care either. It is just funny to point out the hypocrisy on our way out the door. Maybe it is just trying to provide hard facts for our reasons of leaving the conference, but I don't think we need these examples all we need to show the Big XII north schools is their voting record when it came to placating the southern schools. Time and time again Nebraska was the only voice of reason/dissent when it came to shifting the power to the south.

Let me tell you what else I am sick of, people writing that Nebraska fans are so arrogant now that they are leaving the Big X(ii). No Nebraska fans I know of say that they are better people because of our football team, but they will tell you that our Team is better than yours. Pretty big difference in my opinion.

GBR

Cotton has a ridiculously short memory if he said that:

2009northchamps.jpg

Short-term memory loss is what happens when one experiences something like this...

wtf.jpg

I still think Bo should get an endorsement out of this. The commercial shows Bo taking a package from a delivery person. He takes it over to his desk and opens it up and the camera quick cuts to show the trophy in the box.

when it absolutley, positively has to get there over night..... :rollin

I bet it was one of those flat-rate boxes from the post office