Dear Shawn Watson,

The Dude

We had people defending Callahan and Cosgrove to the bitter end.

Remember?

We have similar fans (or at least one particular fan) dug in to the death on Watson.

Facts smacks, they have excuses for everything.

The good news is they are trying to sweep back the sea on this one.

Performances like last night have happened just too many times over the past

2 years.

Sorry Charlie.....

How in the world was the talent level equal on offense last night?! You are seeing things out of our walk-on receiver (heck of a job, though) and 70% Taylor that I am not.

I don't know, I guess most coaches would struggle without superior talent.

70%? You didn't actually watch the game did you? Taylor was moving fine for most of the game. Started limping again in the 4th quarter.

How many games is Watson going to have to cost us before you see the big picture?

Look at our losses the last two years... it's pretty obvious the offense is holding this team back. In a HUGE way. Are they not? With plenty of talent to go around Wats hasn't been able to field a quality offense. Period.

A good OC overcomes injuries and finds a way to win.

The only thing we had to overcome was Taylor Martinez unfortunately. I like the guy as a player, but he had a really second half.

A healthy and undefeated Green should have started and/or played. I think that Bo was caught up in what Martinez was capable of rather than what he could do as an injured player.

I just want to remind everyone that Taylor is a redshirt freshman. We all knew he was going to be prone to freshman mistakes which showed up at the wrong time last night. The kid played with heart considering his offensive line couldn't block anyone for 3/4 of the game. He got knocked around quite a bit and was no way near 100% IMO. Taylor can't do what he does when he's not 95% or better. He doesn't have the arm to make up for not being able to run.

Our defense played well at times, but gave up way to many yards to OU. Our secondary made some stupid plays considering this was the last game of the season besides the bowl. They should've been prepared for this game and they obviously weren't.

Watson..................some of the play calling............just WOW.

Agreed, husker_99.

Dude, if Taylor was moving fine, it did not show up at all. He had plenty of opportunity to move fine for us. I did think he looked better, so 70% is probably unfair, but I am saying his explosive running ability was NOT there. If you want to argue that point I don't think there's anything we saw to back you up on it. This is Taylor's biggest strength and whatever number you want to put next to the %, it was just neutralized by injury.

Look at our losses the last two years... it's pretty obvious the offense is holding this team back. In a HUGE way. Are they not? With plenty of talent to go around Wats hasn't been able to field a quality offense. Period.

Last year was a MESS of injuries, including to our QB's throwing arm. There was no talent to go around because we were desperate for depth.

This year, when we had everyone healthy, we not only fielded a quality offense, we blew teams out. Again we are undone by an injury to our QB (2 in this case) that took away the thing that makes him effective. I guess that to me is the big picture.

This is awsome...I blame this lose on the University Administration. They shut down Bo. There he was all 2 week in Kumbyah sing alongs and meditation classes with the tree hugging groupies. They beat on him the last 2 weeks on "just be nice". So he was...This new nice Bo sucks. The fire wasn't allowed to come out and the passion he sends thru the team just wasn't there. A&M he was too loud but we kept getting screwed. I am a football official and the officials should never change a game but they did that to us that week, and yet we were suppose to take it laying down...so now we have this new version of Bo. They had him on high volumes of meds last night that is for sure. He should have shared them with Watson too. Watson never sees when something is working. He has to go to the next trick he really doesnt have. Once since he got here has he seen the light...that was the week Helu set all of the single game rushing records. How could Helu got all the records if Watson did not see that the running game of Helu worked??? The REXCAT worked but oh no...no meds for wWatson and he went ADD on us, forgot it all...Watson has to go.

Zoogies

The reason that coaches have QB's roll out to pass is because it is easier for them. You cut the field in half or a third, you get way more protection, you have back side gimmack plays to use and you can run/pass. I am not sure how much you watch high school football, but the roll out pass is used all the time because it simplifies things.

Teacher - we all saw Taylor throw on the run today.

It's easier for a QB if they have their mechanics down and are capable of throwing on the run. That is not something that Taylor can do at this level. I'm sure you can get away with poorer mechanics at the HS level, rolling out. If it were in Taylor's skillset I would love to see it happen. But I really, really do not think it is. I understand why a rollout is effective, but you have to have a QB that can throw on the run, and with each level of play, how well they throw on the run becomes more important.

I actually took a breath this morning. This season is finally over. Bowl game? ehh

Seriously, there was too much bs involved with this season and i think it caught up with the team as well over the last 3 games (2 L's) Now we're out of the Big 12, starting fresh with the Big 10, now we can get back to just football. I have a deep feeling of relief. HOWEVER, i watched the replay once already this morning, WATSON has to go. Sometimes i watch the replay thinking it will calm my original suspiscons but last night was ridiculous. I'm still sick, but i'm breathing now.

I had already resigned to the fact that there was a good chance we may lose a few days ago. Because of our lack of offense. I'm already ready for next year and going into next year know that major changes need to happen otherwise this whole thing is just going to continue.

Disappointed we lost but I sort of knew what we were dealing with. I found that out early on in the season. Same old problems.

Hope we win our bowl game.