Prince . . . WTF?

Hujan

One thing that I haven't seen a lot of talk about . . . WTF happened to Prince Amukamara? Dude was getting beat routinely in the first half. How many times did Landry Jones get flushed out of the pocket and complete a pass to a wide open receiver who was supposed to be covered by Amukamara but had come back for the ball? I hate to say it, but I've wondered if he was maybe a tad overrated all year (not a single INT?) and this game really made me wonder. He played a terrible game, IMO. What do you guys think?

One thing that I haven't seen a lot of talk about . . . WTF happened to Prince Amukamara? Dude was getting beat routinely in the first half. How many times did Landry Jones get flushed out of the pocket and complete a pass to a wide open receiver who was supposed to be covered by Amukamara but had come back for the ball? I hate to say it, but I've wondered if he was maybe a tad overrated all year (not a single INT?) and this game really made me wonder. He played a terrible game, IMO. What do you guys think?

:bs:

I honestly don't recall a single time Prince was beat badly. A third down against Broyles on a comeback, I guess - that's a ten yard gain and a first down. That sort of thing happens. A few other times he came up late on a guy but that guy was a TE or RB out of the flat. I don't think Prince was covering him.

Guys that got beat bad today: Cassidy, Hagg, Dennard, all once at least, but they were costly ones.

You already answered the question. Landry was flushed and made a throw to a receiver coming back for the ball. Sometime guys like you just need to admit that when certain things happen, it's not due to our faults but rather because the other guy just made a play, and i'll use this perfect example again , Nunn fumble 06 Texas.

I like Prince but yes, he did have a bad game tonight. Your observations on letting the OU player come back to save Jones was frustrating and I expect more from him. The worst play he made was quite costly when he got beat on 3rd and 24 call...once the OU player has the ball, bring him down so it is like a tough 4th and 6 or 7...instead he tries to wrestle the ball out and lets the OU WR get extra yards...it was then 4th and 1 and OU continued that drive when they should have been done at the 3rd and way long...you can't let them come back from that.