Miami may seek Pelini's interest

Nexus

The only offer I see Bo entertaining is an offer to HC in the NFL or at Ohio State, although the Big 10 move makes Ohio State less likely. You couldn't blame the guy for bailing to the NFL but I just don't see how any other head coaching position in college football is better than NU. We have superior facilities compared to almost any other college program and the fan base is unmatched. Carl, on the other hand, would probably take a HC position at another program in a conference other than the Big 10. If Bo and Carl were hesitant to play Arizona and Mike Stoops last year, I just don't see Carl leaving to a program that would have a chance of playing Nebraska.

UM is considering interviewing Texas Tech's Tommy Tuberville and will try to gauge interest of Stanford's Jim Harbaugh and perhaps Nebraska's Bo Pelini. Jon Gruden suggested UM consider ex-Vikings coach Brad Childress.

Childress could be a good fit. He's a pretty good coach, despite his debacle in Minny this season. As for Pelini, well, that's just silly. I have a hard time imagining Donna Shalala calling Bo on the carpet like Harvey Perlman did. She might be standing on a small step ladder poking her finger in Bo's chest.

I don't see why anyone would even want that job. Shannon had a decent record over 4 years, had the team ranked 6th in terms of NCAA football program academic progress, and, arguably most impressve, had a grand total of ONE player arrested over a four-year span. I don't think a culture that doesn't recognize those merits is a culture that most people would want to be apart of (well, except the "win, baby win" contingent).

I don't see why anyone would even want that job. Shannon had a decent record over 4 years, had the team ranked 6th in terms of NCAA football program academic progress, and, arguably most impressve, had a grand total of ONE player arrested over a four-year span. I don't think a culture that doesn't recognize those merits is a culture that most people would want to be apart of (well, except the "win, baby win" contingent).

HA! I lol'd at this one, simply because it's so true.

Bo chances of going to Miami are slightly worse than Harold Schnellenberger returning to Miami. Of course his name will pop up, but now is not th etime he would make a move. He has a mission here- to win a NT. Things are good for him and his family. He has a great mentor in TO, whom according to the boards, a KMTV scrolling line, and my friend that cleans aquariums- is our next OC.

Howard's brother?

Yea, didn't you know, Harold is Howard's evil twin...

I don't see Bo going to the University of Miami, but I don't see Bo being at Nebraska until retirement either. If a good college offer or NFL offer comes up, I think Bo's gone.

I don't see him going to Miami or a pro gig. but if the Ohio State job comes open (and it will, ohio state coaches NEVER have happy endings) i would expect bo to be on the VERY short list. and seeing as it is alma mater and in his home state, i really don't see him saying no.

Before we made the jump to the Big 10(11/12) I thought the same. I just don't think he would make a move from one Big 10 school to another...even if it is OSU. Besides, as long as OSU keeps beating Michigan, Tressel can coach there forever. I think the biggest fear is of him moving to an NFL coaching job, except that he was never more than a position coach in the NFL and I don't see him leaving for anything less than the Head Coaching job and I am not sure if any NFL team would offer him that.

It would be funny in some way if Carl was the one they want and landed the job at Miami and becomes a head coach before Watson gets his shot again.

miami may not be it, but go ahead and laugh, because i believe it will be funny. actually it will suck losing carl at some point, but such is life. cant stand in your little brothers shadow forever i dont think. not when youre as fiery as the pelini's.

the last time shawn watson was a head coach he went 11-22. folks tend to remember that, right or wrong, and he isnt exactly lighting the world on fire with his offensive genius at nebraska.

carl, right or wrong, i believe will have a head coaching job before shawn watson does because he has the benefit of the doubt still... and is part of a defense that most across the country consider cutting edge with its general kick assery.

It's really Bo's defense though and I think most know that.

He could get a shot (and has) to be his own man at DC, and he'll need that before he gets a HC gig, IMO. Guys who get big time HC gigs in FBS are usually not nominal coordinators, at least if you are going for the "hot coordinator to HC" angle, not that it always works well (Barnett, Hawkins...)