Nebraska vs. Washington, pt. 2

Nexus

I agree with all, this is a sucky deal. But the kids did all they could to get us to a bowl game, should have been better, but it is what it is.

I will be there supporting the team. I will drag my 5th wheel down and have another tail gate for all of you that decide to attend. The kids never quit on us this year, I see no reason to quit on them now. I doubt many will show for the game, and I am sure the Holiday Bowl is not happy about it.

But it is three more weeks of practice, and I think that is needed. The kids deserve the Holiday and the goodies they will rake in. The Seniors go out with another win.

The milks is spilt, clean it up and move on.

The Holiday Bowl is normally a great game, with great fans. I am hoping it is this year.

I have to say, I will be there and so will hundreds (thousands?) of my southern California Big Red friends. Here's a challenge to Husker nation: enjoy San Diego, enjoy New Year's, enjoy the looks of a bright and prosperous future... And let's sell the mother f'er out! 80% Nebraska fans filling the stadium. Chants of Go Big Red so loud it will seem like a game in Lincoln. Let's do it. GBR.

• Fire 3

I agree with all, this is a sucky deal. But the kids did all they could to get us to a bowl game, should have been better, but it is what it is.

I will be there supporting the team. I will drag my 5th wheel down and have another tail gate for all of you that decide to attend. The kids never quit on us this year, I see no reason to quit on them now. I doubt many will show for the game, and I am sure the Holiday Bowl is not happy about it.

But it is three more weeks of practice, and I think that is needed. The kids deserve the Holiday and the goodies they will rake in. The Seniors go out with another win.

The Holiday Bowl is normally a great game, with great fans. I am hoping it is this year.

I have to say, I will be there and so will hundreds (thousands?) of my southern California Big Red friends. Here's a challenge to Husker nation: enjoy San Diego, enjoy New Year's, enjoy the looks of a bright and prosperous future... And let's sell the mother f'er out! 80% Nebraska fans filling the stadium. Chants of Go Big Red so loud it will seem like a game in Lincoln. Let's do it. GBR.

+1!

No doubt the Big 12 assumed Nebraska's fanbase that travels so well would look poor for this game too. Lets sell this place out.

10-3 vs 6-6.

yes, this is nebraska.

to whoever posted something about this being what we get when we have 'unrealistic national championship expectations...' ugh. the words cant be printed here so ill reserve them.

i hope the hawkeyes curbstomp the tigers

I hope they do too.

I can't believe I am so mad that I may buy a cheap Iowa shirt and go to an Iowa bar during their bowl game.

Gotta start rooting for conference mates and what a perfect time to start.

No doubt the Big 12 assumed Nebraska's fanbase that travels so well would look poor for this game too. Lets sell this place out.

i got my tickets just now......

I will order later this evening, just waiting to see if my daugher in law is going. I will promote it at work to try and get as many as possible.

Let's make the kids proud they chose to play for Nebraska, and actually thank the Holiday Bowl for taking us. This was not what they wanted I am sure.

Go Big RED.

Who cares if Insight chose Mizery over us? Frankly they probably should have for 2 reasons:

1) If you think about it the real jacked up thing is the B12 does not set the order the bowls must take the opponents. That is where is all starts. Had the B12 done this, it would take all of the BS behind the scenes crap out of it. This is the way it should be done from a pure standpoint where it does not come down to cash and politics, but gives the players/coaches/staff/teams/fans what the really deserve. Right now only #1 gets what they deserve, everyone else the process is F'd up and it could be so easy fixed with the #2 B12 BCS teams goes to the next highest bowl, #3 B12 BCS next and so on.

It is hard to complain for not being taken ahead of Misery when we sit at #18 and Misery is at #12. Our argument is we bring a bigger fan base and more dollars, that argument frankly stinks......and does not get us far when we have been crying "foul" the last month. Ya we beat Mizery, but does that mean we should automatically be taken ahead of them? Maybe, but probably not. We lost to Ok State who they did not play. They lost to Texas Tech who we did not play. They beat Oklahoma pretty handily and we lost a close one. No real compelling arguments. Again the college standard is set at the BCS so I cannot complain a whole lot about Insight taking Mizery.

2) Moreso, we blew it. We F'in blew it it, plain and simple. We had the chance to choose our own destination and could not get it done. The blame is with the thumb and not the finger.

Let's stop all the complaining and support our team. We are ranked #18 in the BCS and going to a decent bowl. Ya the opponent sucks, but hey we do not get to pick that. Let's make the most out of it and support our team which is what really counts.

I couldn't be more disappointed with this bowl selection . . . and I live in San Diego.

I was there last year when Bo said, "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." At the time, I thought he meant "back to the top of college football." Now I realize he was talking about Qualcomm Stadium.

:facepalm:

• Fire 2