FLU

i think we should be fine in the next two years. if you think about it, the big 10 beat themselves up every year and get smoked in bowl games, kinda makes me question if their as good as everyone says.

will it be tougher than the big 12? hell yeah. but if we can keep our team moving forward we should be contending for a big 10 championship in 2012

There are a lot of senior dominated teams in the Big 10 this year. That means a lot of rebuilding/reloading next year. I like our chances with a healthy, more seasoned, QB. Throw in a little more innovation on offense and I like our chances more.

I would trade 10,000 miles of "innovative" for one single indentity. Surely Bo knows we at some point simply have to do something well.

There are a lot of senior dominated teams in the Big 10 this year. That means a lot of rebuilding/reloading next year. I like our chances with a healthy, more seasoned, QB. Throw in a little more innovation on offense and I like our chances more.

I would trade 10,000 miles of "innovative" for one single indentity. Surely Bo knows we at some point simply have to do something well.

Maybe variety would have been the word to use there. DONU currently runs 2 plays out of 3 different formations. I have more variety than that on my Nintendo with the old Techmo Superbowl game :)

I start each new season believing we will win all 14 games. The defense should improve and by the start of big ten play Nebraska be in top forum. The O line maybe a problem at the start but again they should improve by the start of the big 10 schedule. We should have 2 experienced QB's and 3 with no college playing time, plus 2 every good RB's. The WR's are an issue in my thinking I hope 2 or 3 step up. Ohio St will be a hard one at home and road game been Michigan. I was also thinking Wisconsin a tough road game due to the fact it's our first big 10 game, If we get to the conference championship game we will have to be 10-2 9-3 might due it if we win all divisional games. First lets beat Washington

The problem with our schedule isn't all of the individual matchups themselves, most of which we will be the better team in, but in the ridiculous grind of playing all of those games back to back to back to back without any ISU, KSU, KU, BU or similar school to have a rest against.

With that being said, assuming that all the Big 10 teams will produce similar results as they did this year, I think the conference will be solid enough that even a two loss Nebraska team would be in the talking for a NC berth, assuming they were regular season losses and we won the Big 10 title. LSU did it in 2007, and I think top to bottom our schedule and conference will be tougher than theirs was. If we're 11-2 after winning the Big 10 CCG, you better believe we'll be a top 10 team, most likely top 5.

Why would you possibly assume a two loss team would be in the talking for a NC berth if all Big 10 teams produce similar results to this year? There are three one loss Big 10 teams right now with absolutely none of them in the talking for a NC berth. The highest ranked Big 10 team isn't even the highest ranked one loss team. I really wish the BCS would have put Wisconsin up against Stanford rather than TCU, but we'll see how it goes. The bowl games could be very telling about the Big 10. Michigan State was probably the luckiest team in 2010. After you get past Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin; there wasn't a team in the conference that won more than seven games. The Big 12 and the SEC both had five teams ranked in the top 20. The Big 10 had three pretty good teams and then there was quite a bit of distance.

I didn't mean as far as wins and losses, rather as far as the quality of football teams. Obviously, records will be influenced by a variety of new factors, one of which being our presence in the conference.

Nebraska is the youngest 10 win team in the country. Also were the only 10 win team that had the QB miss games due to injury. Next year with more experience this team will compete very well against the Big 10 teams. The style of play in the Big 10 favors Nebraska. For the most part the offenses are bland. It is line up and see who can get there first and the hardest. Due to Mike Leach the Big 12 became a wide open slinging offensive conference.

I do not fear the Big Ten. Iowa was the co champion last year with far inferior talent and less coaching ability.

Nebraska is the youngest 10 win team in the country.

Are you sure about that? LSU is pretty darn young... plus today, they received a commitment from the #1 JUCO QB in the country, who will surely be their starter next year.

i think we should be fine in the next two years. if you think about it, the big 10 beat themselves up every year and get smoked in bowl games, kinda makes me question if their as good as everyone says.

will it be tougher than the big 12? hell yeah. but if we can keep our team moving forward we should be contending for a big 10 championship in 2012

The Big 10 has three teams in the top 20. The Big 12 has five team in the top 20. Why would the Big 10 be tougher than the Big 12?

The Big 10 has three teams in the top 20. The Big 12 has five team in the top 20. Why would the Big 10 be tougher than the Big 12?

I suppose that is one good thing about Iowa vs. Mizzou and Baylor vs. Illinois - we have a chance to fix that little problem!

For the next two seasons, 8 wins a season during the regular season (that is, not counting the bowl game) will be very solid

A conservative estimate (assuming what you're using) below. I don't consider this solid at all. If we can't get AT LEAST 1 win against Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State, or Iowa (3 of which are home games) - then we must have kept Watson as OC and Carl left for a HC gig.

Yet to be scheduled NC oponent - win

Fresno State - win

Washington - win

Wyoming - win

Wisconsin - loss

Ohio State - loss

Minnesota - win

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - win

Penn State - win

Michigan - win

Iowa - loss

Don't see us losing to Michigan State or Iowa; however, I do think we'll somehow end up with 3 losses again.

The way I look at it, NU self destructs often --- it did against Texas, Texas A&M, Iowa State, SDSU, and Oklahoma this season. Of those five, we escaped with 2 wins and 3 losses. If NU remains as prone to dropping passes, fumbling, getting penalties, failing to throw the ball away rather than taking a sack (man, TMart is horrible at that), and not having an offensive game plan that adapts well... that is, unless the unforced errors go down... then when you play 7 solid teams in one year (like Wisc, MSU, Mich, OSU, Washington, Penn State, and Iowa) you should expect to go 3-4 in those --- or 4-3. Hope for better... sure. But expect? So... 8-4 would be pretty solid (play like we did this year, then this is about what record one would expect next year). 9-3 would be a little better than solid, and with a modest improvement that is quite doable. Unless we improve and lower the amount of self-inflicted wounds we tend to inflict on ourselves... better than 9-3 is pretty unlikely.

That said, as pointed out by another poster, we were young this year. Perhaps the maturity that comes with experience will play out as fewer mistakes next year and some improvement may result. Mitigating against improvement --- we will miss Gomes, Amukamara, Hagg, Williams, Allan, Helu, Henery and Kunalic. All that factors in too. So... 8-4 seems a reasonable expectation and anything better than that would be a real nicety.

For the next two seasons, 8 wins a season during the regular season (that is, not counting the bowl game) will be very solid

A conservative estimate (assuming what you're using) below. I don't consider this solid at all. If we can't get AT LEAST 1 win against Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State, or Iowa (3 of which are home games) - then we must have kept Watson as OC and Carl left for a HC gig.

Yet to be scheduled NC oponent - win

Fresno State - win

Washington - win

Wyoming - win

Wisconsin - loss

Ohio State - loss

Minnesota - win

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - win

Penn State - win

Michigan - win

Iowa - loss

You seriously think we will beat NW, Penn State, and Michigan with the offense we are running? Sorry, I aint drinking the Husker Kool Aid. With the current mess we have on offense, I don't see us winning more than 2 Big 10 games next year. Unlike other Big 10 schools (Minn not included due to them getting a new HC)who have an identity on offense, we don't!. Are we a running team, passing team, west coast, spread option, or a read zone option team? If the coaches don't know, how can the players and fans?