Taylor Martinez bleeds Husker Red....

The guys a head case, he transfered twice in high school because he could'nt get along with teammates.

He transferred to improve the level of football he played. When he was done transferring he was in California's top level of football. He then went on to be named, "... the Big VIII League's Most Valuable Player and also earned the Los Angeles Times' Glen Davis Player-of-the-Year Award. A first-team all-state selection, Martinez was the Inland Division Offensive Player of the Year, the Max Preps California Player of the Year and the Golden States Prep Southern California Offensive Player of the Year. "

If you're just making stuff up, be more creative. Maybe claim he was in the Witness Protection Program or that he was a super hero and had to move to hide his secret identity. It's still bogus, but it's more entertaining.

Taylor transferred from Norco for 2 reasons, his father Casey had got a job at San Bendardino Cajon as an assistant coach, and Norco wouldn't let him play QB.

He made it one semester there and transferred to Centennial because of "family medical reasons", in reality, Casey didn't like the way Taylor was used in Cajon's offense.

People in Cali said Taylor seemed emotionless in his senior year at Centennial, despite an amazing season and being #2 in the nation he wasn't enjoying football.

Taylor has an enormous weight on his shoulders from his father, he plays to make his dad happy. His dad has always seen him as a QB, when Taylor visited Lincoln on a recruiting trip, the staff asked him to sit in on a defensive meeting and Taylor threw a fit, it was the first, but not the last.

Maybe he is a sociopath...? :sarcasm

The guys a head case, he transfered twice in high school because he could'nt get along with teammates.

That is a bunch of junk. YOU are full of it and don't know what you are talking about.

First of all Taylor's biological Mom abandoned the family when he was 13. His Father went into a bad depression and Taylor stepped up and helped take care of his little brothers.

The first move was because his Father got a new job. Taylor had to move with his Dad.

The second move was because Taylor's Step-Mom was sick and put on bed rest during her pregnancy. Taylor's family moved so he could take his little brothers to school that was closer to Centennial High School!

By then, he had transferred to Centennial High School in Corona, Calif.,

so he could take his younger brothers to a nearby school when his stepmother

was put on bed rest while pregnant with twins. That fall he led Centennial to

an undefeated season and state Division I championship by passing for 2,994 yards

and 28 touchdowns and rushing for 750 yards and 12 more scores.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/nebraska-quarterback-taylor-martinez-has-magic-touch-101510

Grow up and act like Nebraska Fans. You guys are disgusting!

any stories or proof to back this up?

Just the usual rumors and hearsay at this point...

Although, if somebody's aquarium guy was to speak up....

*Puts down small cup with betta in it*

Though I specialize in freshwater tropical fish, like these lovely neon tetras and cichlids, (though be careful with the cichlids, some of them can be very aggressive!) I have it on good authority from someone who does own a saltwater tank, several actually-- guy could be a dealer with all of the gear and fauna he owns-- that Martinez is staying. Now, I wouldn't take my word for it if I were you, because like I said, I deal in freshwater, but go ask anyone worth his salt(water aquarium), and he'll tell you the same. But I do think you should get some snails and a plecostomus to help keep your tank clean and manage algae-- at least get a couple albino catfish to clean up debris from the bottom. A little help can go a long way and look interesting while doing it!

/AquariumInsider

Martinez did not do himself well if he is thinking about transferring, because he looked totally clueless, and I believe he showed that he is pretty much one dimensional, and if he is dinged up, he is pretty much worthless as a QB. Martinez, when healthy is a one man offense, but that is about it, and teams will pick up on that and exploit it. I think the Martinez experiment is pretty much about over.

I would be amazed if Taylor was back next year.

If kid was on the way out I really don't see Bo sticking with him. If TM was on the way out I gotta think CG would've gotten in there.

Agreed, Why would Bo start him in the biggest game of the year if he was on his way out? I think Bo would have benched him even if there was any doubt that he wants to leave. Then again crazier things have happened, just hope Taylor can grow as a person and a player next year and show us the magic he had during the beginning of the season and in the Okie Lite game.

I think Bo sees something great in Martinez. I think he wanted Martinez to get experience. Win or lose he was thinking in the long run. He's preparing the kid for greatness. Sometimes a bad loss is what drives a player. Makes him stronger more determined. He is a freshmen. He has a few more years left with the Big Red. This might make him drive harder. To make him know that glory is earned not given.( ofcourse this is me just shooting in the dark on why palini kept him in the game) feel free shoot my theory down.

are we still forgetting we have a game in a few weeks? do we now thing TM will not even be around for that....

the speculation is off the radar right now....

lets see how the prep goes the coming weeks and see how TM goes in that game... three weeks will of course benifit him....

if we win 11-3 will dull the pain a bit... what will be will be my friends

It would be nice to see Watson go so we can implement some other kind of offense that would benefit Martinez..enough of this "multiple" crap..the zone read just doesnt cut it anymore..unless you run that franetic paced offense like Oregon..or have a 6'5" 250 lb freak of a quarterback (Auburn).

I really think Tmagic is here to stay. Palini doesnt mess around with players who don't want to be on the team. I'm not buying the rumor kool aid that the media is dumping down everyone's mouth. Look at the FACTS. He played sat. Cody green was ready. Do you think Palini would play a guy who doesn't want to be there over a loyal guy who is game to go. Come on husker fans. Think.about it.

I hope the nay sayers give the kid a break and stop pre-judging him. We don't know what goes on through his head ... only TM does. The only thing I for sure know about him is he is quiet and is probably shy. Some of you need to stop thinking so much and wait and see how it all plays out. If he does come back next year, some of you who have been harsh on him will feel pretty silly.

• Fire 1

you guys have not seen the real martinez. you see the media stories etc. but you didnt see him gimp (hardly able to walk) out of a building and have a family clear across the parking lot yell at him asking for autographs. at that point he gimped clear across the lot and not only signed autographs but held their baby and talked with them for 20 minutes until he said that he needed to get somewhere for an exam.

martinez isnt this devil that some of you build him up to be he is actually and very nice young man that really does bleed husker red.

• Fire 2

How is Ron Kellogg doing these days?

Like I stated midway through the season, I do not see T-Meltdown being at Nebraska for much longer. If a another guy is named the starting QB next year, I see him and his dad on the next flight out of Lincoln. Taylor racked up a lot yards against sub-par defenses: Washington, Kansas State, Idaho etc. When the big boys were in town, things didn't show up. Call it an injury, call it overthinking things, call it better defenses, I don't care.

I believe that there are better options out there. I can't wait to hear about battles between Mart, Green, Turner, and Carnes (I am already assuming Starling is taking the money).

you guys have not seen the real martinez. you see the media stories etc. but you didnt see him gimp (hardly able to walk) out of a building and have a family clear across the parking lot yell at him asking for autographs. at that point he gimped clear across the lot and not only signed autographs but held their baby and talked with them for 20 minutes until he said that he needed to get somewhere for an exam.

martinez isnt this devil that some of you build him up to be he is actually and very nice young man that really does bleed husker red.

Yeah its ridiculous. The transfer rumors have already been proven false by the "people with inside connections" on a few other boards. While people here choose to ignore them, then make up their fantasy stories about the "loner quarterback" with all the athletic ability in the world but a horrible person, that the anecdotal evidence even around here doesn't support from actual interactions with the young man.

Who apparently at this point is now this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM

Get a grip, hes a red shirt freshman quarterback, hes learning and growing up. Support his play or criticize it, but character assassination of kid playing on the team by making things up about him is just sad.

Martinez did not do himself well if he is thinking about transferring, because he looked totally clueless, and I believe he showed that he is pretty much one dimensional, and if he is dinged up, he is pretty much worthless as a QB. Martinez, when healthy is a one man offense, but that is about it, and teams will pick up on that and exploit it. I think the Martinez experiment is pretty much about over.

I think teams already have..........

Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, South Dakota State.

We put all our eggs in Martinez's basket and relied on him to make this offense go. The problem is that Martinez is RFr and hasnt learned to be a QB yet at the college level. Personally, I think we shouldve used this year to groom Martinez, give him spot duty and have specific plays for him to come in and run. Of course this is banking on a healthy Zac Lee to mentor him. Zac understands the game and was help to him this season, but theirs only so much Zac couldve done standing on the sidelines the entire game with a messed up elbow/hand.

I think Martinez is gone... prob UCLA. I hope the zone read is gone with it.

I hope he stays. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on all of this other crap, if it turns out to be true, I'll still be a husker fan, and the world will go on. At the beginning of the season people were saying, "jesus christ can you imagine how good this kid is gonna be in 3 years?!?!!", and in my opinion, that still holds true. We didn't have the season we wanted, but we didn't exactly have a bad season either, if a red shirt freshman can lead us to 10-3 with a game left to play, imagine what that same kid can do when he's had 3 years of Division 1 experience.

I believe in you Taylor.

• Fire 1