Starting to dislike this game.....

I love to watch college football. Love to root for my Huskers. But honestly, the goings on of the last couple years has soured me on it all.

From the split up of the Huskers and the big 12, and all the drama from :01 to today's bad bowl assignment. To Reggie Bush, Cam Newton and every other scandal surrounding the game..

It's hard enough to worry about the on field stuff. I'm exhausted from caring about all the off field stuff.

I've never been glad a season was over before. But I am this year. I need a break and hopefully will regain my spirit next year.

i kinda agree. when saturday's roll around, i'm all about watching the Huskers. I don't really watch a whole heck of a lot of other 'smaller' games, just the top 25 now. Certain announcers bug me, ESPN Gameday is a joke to me, I mean 3 minute fluff segments with 5 min of commercials? And they don't really do any film breakdown or teaching of the game. It's just conjecture and some injury updates. It's like Good Morning America. Not to mention I have never ever bitched about refs before. Then this year I almost had mulitple strokes watching us get butchered.

But, the season did go by way too fast. I mean, we only get about 12-13 games a year if we're lucky. I love following the team and all it's players past and present and future. I hope a move to the B10 will alleviate some of these headaches.

• Fire 1

i kinda agree. when saturday's roll around, i'm all about watching the Huskers. I don't really watch a whole heck of a lot of other 'smaller' games, just the top 25 now. Certain announcers bug me, ESPN Gameday is a joke to me, I mean 3 minute fluff segments with 5 min of commercials? And they don't really do any film breakdown or teaching of the game. It's just conjecture and some injury updates. It's like Good Morning America. Not to mention I have never ever bitched about refs before. Then this year I almost had mulitple strokes watching us get butchered.

But, the season did go by way too fast. I mean, we only get about 12-13 games a year if we're lucky. I love following the team and all it's players past and present and future. I hope a move to the B10 will alleviate some of these headaches.

Funny reading this post - I just sent this to a buddy...

"Sadly – I’m closer to being ready for the season to be over with than I ever have been (which isn’t to say I’m actually ready for the season to be over with)"

I am with you...just about spent on the whole thing.

Some of the same 'crap' has been going on for years. With what the media has become everything is out there and in your face day after day after day.

I still love college football and what is stands for. Watching the 'smaller' venues is what I enjoy the most. I watch the Huskers every chance I get and really enjoy watching other games. At least it is not the NFL...it may be starting to lean that way, but I really don't think it will go all the way there.

I have always been fully stoked for any Nebraska game, bowl game and any of the Big 12 title games they have been in. This was easily the least excited I've ever been for one of our title games.

It's our offense. A 'team' consists of an offense and a defense. It's just hard for me to get excited like I used to with the offense we've had.

I don't understand why we dislike the media for telling us stuff. Take from it whatever you want and then let the media get up its own butt as they inflate issues within their own ranks. I come here for fun discussion about the details of hukerball, I go to ESPN to check out scores, and I don't click on headlines about non stories (nonstories imo). But I, for one, appreciate that there is a ton of "information" about anything I want to know about.

The Reggie Bush thing IS a big deal and that sort of crap needs to be snuffed out. I think it's important for other players and schools to see another institution pilloried for it. No, I don't need to hear about it 24 hours a day, that's why I don't spend the day immersing myself in sports media and then complain about how inescapable these stories are. :)

It is the media, NCAA, BCS, and bowl committees that I dislike. They are ruining college football with all the politics that they play.

Just look at the politics that the media plays with the polls, but that is an old subject. If you are in the midwest, it costs you spots on the polls, because they favor teams on the coasts, and will report on them more, unless they have some really good dirt on a team in the midwest or their coach. They covered Bo's demeanor more than they did what was going on on the field when they covered Nebraska at all.

Where was the NCAA's oversight when Nebraska was getting screwed over by Big XII officiating, and Beebe refused to do anything about it? They could have investigated it, and came to the same conclusions that everyone else around the country came to when they looked at the numbers, and who was on the officiating crew when Nebraska was getting hit with the high number of penalties, when the opposing teams were not.

How does the BCS give Missouri a higher ranking when we beat them, and won our division over them? How does Boise State get ranked in the top five for so long when they weren't playing anyone of any significance?

What the hell was the bowl selection committee thinking having Nebraska playing Washington a 3rd time in a year, after we kicked their butt the way we did the first time? Why should Nebraskans go to San Diego to see them play when they can wait until fall and see them play here? Hope they have a lot of unsold tickets with that game, it would only serve them right. What idiots!

I have always been fully stoked for any Nebraska game, bowl game and any of the Big 12 title games they have been in. This was easily the least excited I've ever been for one of our title games.

It's our offense. A 'team' consists of an offense and a defense. It's just hard for me to get excited like I used to with the offense we've had.

Gotta agree with this...we expect our offense to do bad, but when they have a good game, were surpised..shouldnt it be the other way around..we should expect great things out of our offense, and when that doesnt happen, its a dissapointment

It is the media, NCAA, BCS, and bowl committees that I dislike. They are ruining college football with all the politics that they play.

Where was the NCAA's oversight when Nebraska was getting screwed over by Big XII officiating, and Beebe refused to do anything about it? They could have investigated it, and came to the same conclusions that everyone else around the country came to when they looked at the numbers, and who was on the officiating crew when Nebraska was getting hit with the high number of penalties, when the opposing teams were not.

How does the BCS give Missouri a higher ranking when we beat them, and won our division over them? How does Boise State get ranked in the top five for so long when they weren't playing anyone of any significance?

What the hell was the bowl selection committee thinking having Nebraska playing Washington a 3rd time in a year, after we kicked their butt the way we did the first time? Why should Nebraskans go to San Diego to see them play when they can wait until fall and see them play here? Hope they have a lot of unsold tickets with that game, it would only serve them right. What idiots!

Okay, I'll agree that the BCS and bowl committees are wrecking stuff (I think we should just be aware of all things "BC" ;) ). So many people think that a playoff is sane, but for some reason, these stupid organizations have more power than the rest of the country combined.

Just look at the politics that the media plays with the polls, but that is an old subject. If you are in the midwest, it costs you spots on the polls, because they favor teams on the coasts, and will report on them more, unless they have some really good dirt on a team in the midwest or their coach. They covered Bo's demeanor more than they did what was going on on the field when they covered Nebraska at all.

Thank you. You spelled out everything I'm too frustrated and exhausted from this season to say. Hopefully the big ten will be a shot of happyfootballjuice for me. Because honestly, this was the worst season I've ever suffered through.. Even the wins felt dirty because of the league they were played in.

The washington game was the highlight of the season. And now, I' can't even enjoy that because we have to play them again.. Ugh..