Hold on to the BALL!!!

I'm sure that having an 80lb dumbell on the floor would violate... something. I'm not sure what, but it seems like it would :)

I think that some of the coaches on offense are coaching with a pro mentality and missing *some* fundamental stuff. Remember under Coz how none of our D would wrap up? I wonder if it was something that BC ingrained in his staff-- skip fundamentals, get to the complicated stuff! They should know this by now!

It's easy to think that way at the college level (in the classroom, too).

I'm sure that having an 80lb dumbell on the floor would violate... something. I'm not sure what, but it seems like it would :)

I think that some of the coaches on offense are coaching with a pro mentality and missing *some* fundamental stuff. Remember under Coz how none of our D would wrap up? I wonder if it was something that BC ingrained in his staff-- skip fundamentals, get to the complicated stuff! They should know this by now!

It's easy to think that way at the college level (in the classroom, too).

Also remember how our defensive linemen admitted that they were taught to NOT put their hands up in the air to bat a pass? That's pretty pathetic..

To me, not fumbling is based on good fundamentals and discipline as a running back/WR. For a quarterback, it's all about pocket presence and fundamentals. One knock I have on Helu's fumbling is that he will hold the ball out in front of himself with one arm, leaving the ball open to a hit.

Martinez will fumble because he doesn't keep the ball where he should, either.

Quite a few fundamental elements are lost on this offensive staff.

Get a new quarterback..

Im at a loss as to how this solves the fumble issues with the running backs, recievers, all quarterbacks, the entire coaching staff, and the trainers. This isnt a case of who is the better player. This is a coaching issue that needs to be addressed several months from last Tuesday.

Anyone think its because of the balls we use? The old worn in ones, people have said they use cause they are easier to throw. Those balls dont seem to have any grip on them. Many times it just looks like its slides out of their arms rather than being knocked out.

It's not the ball. I always preferred an older broken ball, myself.

Taylor carries the ball like a cell phone....if a player is so consistently careless with the ball, you've got to hammer down ball security in practice. I have seen NO improvement whatsoever in his ball security all year. I can't blame the coaching staff entirely for the fumbles because they're not the ones holding on to the ball, but when you fumble the ball as much as we do, you need to PREACH ball security, do drills that stress ball security and the players aren't executing it on the field, get up in their grill and let em know. I don't watch practices, so I wouldn't know what is done. I just know that I have seen no improvement in ball security over the course of the season.

Since we're in the business of designating months as a society and it's relatively early in December, I recommend making December "Ball Security Awareness Month" because you never know how many balls we'll lose. Wear Red. Run like a thoroughbred. Look at this thread. Don't let the fumble-itus spread.

The same way we got our defense to play with emotion, tenacity, and a hard-nose edge starting in 2008.

Change the coaches.

Boom, nail on the head.

The Pelini brothers are a testament to powers of good coaching, doing more with less as opposed to less with more (cough Shawn Watson cough). It's a shame there isn't an offensive-minded Pelini brother.....