I have a feeling the Big Ten will feel like the Big 8

Is there any reason to believe that they won't try to shaft us just as hard as the Big 12 just did? Have you looked at the schedule? What year do we get full revenue again?

The Big 12 tried to shaft us cause we were leaving. I don't see the Big Ten trying to shaft us. Yes i have looked at the schedule, it's to prevent us from winning the first Big Ten title. 2017 i believe we get full revenue.

Is there any reason to believe that they won't try to shaft us just as hard as the Big 12 just did? Have you looked at the schedule? What year do we get full revenue again?

The Big 12 tried to shaft us cause we were leaving. I don't see the Big Ten trying to shaft us. Yes i have looked at the schedule, it's to prevent us from winning the first Big Ten title. 2017 i believe we get full revenue.

Really we do not get full revenue until 2017? That seems crazy. Nebraska in the Big Ten is a big boost to that conference in every sport accept MBB. I for one can't wait to see Iowa vs Neb wresting in Carver. Or go see the Volleyball team playing at Carver. Finally living in Northeast Iowa is going to payoff.

CFHusker, you bring up something not a lot speak about but that im stoked about as well.

Womens volleyball in the Big ten is going to be a riot.

and the Nebraska wrestling program is going to have every chance to compete and improve as well. i really believe its going to help recruiting.

good stuff all around.

I know the schedule is difficult but I don't think it is some conspiracy to keep us from winning ........ must also remember that each team we play is also at risk of a loss. I think the schedule to showcase the KickAss addition of Nebraskas to the league and capitalize on what the nation will watching for.

My question is after 2014, when we've gone through two years of the tough schedule and two of the not-so-tough and have cycled through everyone, is it going to change? Or are we going to keep repeating this over and over.

they said they would change it up to keep balance but i am real doubtful of that. The first two years are just so they can set the schedule and get us used to the conference.

Lets not start thinking that there is a conspiracy in the big 10 it is NOT. Give us a tough schedule every year. I hate the cupcake games anyway. If you constantly play the best the conference has you can only assume you will be better for it. No excuses, give no quarter. Just play hard and fair and good things will happen in our new conference.

GBR GBR GBR

I know the schedule is difficult but I don't think it is some conspiracy to keep us from winning ........ must also remember that each team we play is also at risk of a loss. I think the schedule to showcase the KickAss addition of Nebraskas to the league and capitalize on what the nation will watching for.

The other reason that Nebraska has such a tough schedule is that playing all of the top teams gives the best TV match-ups. Have to set the bar for ratings to get the best negotiations!

The reason why Nebraska doesn't receive a full revenue share until around 2015-2017 is that it's a sort of "buy in" to the Big Ten Network. Right now a quick back of the hand calculation puts the Big Ten Network's value at $1 billion (it earns roughly $140M split 51-49 between the conference and FOX at a forward P/E of roughly 6-7).

Nebraska's stake in the Big Ten Network will be worth around roughly $40-50M. Thus, you're sort of leaving $40-50M on the table for the other 11 schools as you "acquire" your 1/12th of the conference's 51% stake in the BTN. Just think of it like that.

After the 2016 ABC/ESPN contract negotiations, and after you've gone through that buy in period, every Big Ten school will probably receive somewhere north of $30M. For contrast, the average Big 12 school right now earns $10M and it's on an uneven scale. Your take should be roughly 3x as much by the time you receive a full share. Financially, Nebraska will be taken care of, that's not something to worry about... Your president and AD clearly know all of the details, so you don't have to worry if they're comfortable with the arrangement.

As for scheduling, you have your division and Penn State every year. Ohio State and Wisconsin will rotate off in exchange for 2 of Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue. Every school wants to play Nebraska, and they're obviously not going to stick you with the toughest schedule every year. They just want the ratings to be off the charts in the first two years with Nebraska-Michigan, Nebraska-Iowa, Nebraska-Penn State, Nebraska-Wisconsin, Nebraska-Ohio State in the first year. Those 5 games will have amazing ratings, so Delany will go into the 2015-2016 ABC/ESPN negotiations with a really big stick. I expect every school to earn $30M+ after that negotiation.

Over time the value of the Big Ten Network will grow as penetration increases; you guys are getting in at a good time. The next time expansion rolls around, the BTN could be worth $2bn or more...; you're buying in at a good price.

• Fire 2

I would guess we got the gauntlet schedule for two reasons. First, maximizing TV exposure with the theme of Nebraska in the Big 10 and second to soften the blow of the new divisional structure + CCG for the existing teams.

Keep in mind that the changes for the Big 10 next year are like an earthquake for a conference that is very rooted in tradition. In a way what we have go through to get full revenue sharing and a "normal" schedule is a hazing process to be part of that club. It should be viewed as having to earn everything we get in a new era for the program rather than expecting things based on past accomplishments.

It may feel like the Big 8 in some respects (a conference people like) but let's be honest, the Big 8 football was dominated by two programs with only intermittent success by the other 6. The Big 10 has its big boys too but every week you see teams like Northwestern out there fighting tooth and nail, finding success with nowhere near the fan support and money the tOSU's have.

The reason why Nebraska doesn't receive a full revenue share until around 2015-2017 is that it's a sort of "buy in" to the Big Ten Network. Right now a quick back of the hand calculation puts the Big Ten Network's value at $1 billion (it earns roughly $140M split 51-49 between the conference and FOX at a forward P/E of roughly 6-7).

Nebraska's stake in the Big Ten Network will be worth around roughly $40-50M. Thus, you're sort of leaving $40-50M on the table for the other 11 schools as you "acquire" your 1/12th of the conference's 51% stake in the BTN. Just think of it like that.

After the 2016 ABC/ESPN contract negotiations, and after you've gone through that buy in period, every Big Ten school will probably receive somewhere north of $30M. For contrast, the average Big 12 school right now earns $10M and it's on an uneven scale. Your take should be roughly 3x as much by the time you receive a full share. Financially, Nebraska will be taken care of, that's not something to worry about... Your president and AD clearly know all of the details, so you don't have to worry if they're comfortable with the arrangement.

As for scheduling, you have your division and Penn State every year. Ohio State and Wisconsin will rotate off in exchange for 2 of Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue. Every school wants to play Nebraska, and they're obviously not going to stick you with the toughest schedule every year. They just want the ratings to be off the charts in the first two years with Nebraska-Michigan, Nebraska-Iowa, Nebraska-Penn State, Nebraska-Wisconsin, Nebraska-Ohio State in the first year. Those 5 games will have amazing ratings, so Delany will go into the 2015-2016 ABC/ESPN negotiations with a really big stick. I expect every school to earn $30M+ after that negotiation.

Over time the value of the Big Ten Network will grow as penetration increases; you guys are getting in at a good time. The next time expansion rolls around, the BTN could be worth $2bn or more...; you're buying in at a good price.

This is an excellent explanation about why the delay before Nebraska becomes a full share member and the scheduling. Thank you.