Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

:laughpound

There isn't anything in that "article" that hasn't been said right here in this thread. It's this reporter's opinion, and just so everyone is clear, that reporter is trying to draw eyeballs to his website. He hasn't said anything that can be confirmed, nor has anything been stated by a trusted source that Bo is actually in negotiations with Miami to become their head coach.

KLIN's Facebook feed says:

Our Jack Mitchell just spoke with Steve Gorten of the South Fla Sun Sentinal--he's the one who broke the Pelini talking to Miami story. He says the talks didn't get to the point where they were serious, they were just a "feeling out". Gorten says Miami believes Pelini is a very legit option for their program and could be able to offer him up to $3M+.

Bo knowing the AD there, they probably talked just as a courtesy. But it's surprising that Osborne either didn't know about this or is saying he didn't know about this. That's probably the biggest curve ball here.

Just saw on College Football Live as they went to a commercial that Bo Pelini has be given permission to talk with Miami about the HC job. Somebody's is lying and I don't think it's T.O. WTF is going on?

Did they say who gave him permission? If not, likely they're just recycling the original story.

Just saw on College Football Live as they went to a commercial that Bo Pelini has be given permission to talk with Miami about the HC job. Somebody's is lying and I don't think it's T.O. WTF is going on?

Did they say who gave him permission? If not, likely they're just recycling the original story.

No, they didn't, just said exactly what I posted. I agree it could be the original story, but when I see it on a show like that it puts some extra "WTF" on it.

No, they didn't, just said exactly what I posted. I agree it could be the original story, but when I see it on a show like that it puts some extra "WTF" on it.

Isn't that an ESPN show?

Isn't that an ESPN show?

Yeah, it is, but we normally see this type of stuff in writing and very rarely does it get to TV unless it has some legs or someone with validity says it's true. If it's just some "internet" rumor we normally don't see it hit the TV, at least I don't where I'm at. Obviously we don't get much Husker news in Iowa. lol

I just heard the same thing. So what the heck is going on??

If this is true, expect our recruiting class for next year to dissapear quickly.

If Bo leaves, which I really don't think he will, you might as well watch next season vanish quickly as well. I really think if Miami offered him the job with 3 million, you'd see the University of Nebraska offer him more. They want him to stay here and he's what this University needs. I still think this is a bunch of B.S. just being reported by EVERYONE now.

To bring up something that Willie said, if Bo were to talk to another school, as loyal as he is our AD and his coaches would know about it. I cannot believe that this is untrue.

Bearing that in mind, this from the JournalStar throws a lot of cold water on this rumor for me:

Papuchis: Texas talk "out of left field"

Posted by: Steve Sipple at 1:57PM CST on December 9, 2010

Texas has its eye on Nebraska assistant coach John Papuchis, a source close to Papuchis said Wednesday.

But Papuchis, a defensive line coach and special teams coordinator for NU, said that's news to him.

"That is out of left field," Papuchis told the Journal Star. "No one has contacted me for sure, and no one has contacted anyone out of our university as far as I know."

Mike Tolleson, UT's defensive tackles coach and special-teams coordinator, announced his retirement on Monday.

Papuchis worked with current Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp in 2004, when both were at Louisiana State -- Muschamp as the defensive coordinator for Nick Saban and Papuchis as a defensive intern/graduate assistant.

The 32-year-old Papuchis is in his third season on the Nebraska staff.