Will Martinez be fully healed for the washington game and have his speed back?

Here's hoping he's back in top form. I can't stand the idea that the CCG performance would be the last thing I got to see from him this year. I want touchdowns. Magical 80 yard touchdowns!

I want to see Tmart's afterburners kicking in too for a 50+ yd TD. That's the stuff that created havoc with opponent DCs. Nothing else (to say the least).

It would make me feel a 1,000 better about next year.

I think both his toe and his ankle will be healed sufficiently by then. What I worry about the most is his lack of focus. I know he's a frosh and all, but seriously, if I have to watch him hand off to Burkhead then walk away while Rex tries his best to fight off three defenders I think I'll blow a couple veins in my head. Maybe he's afraid to get hurt, but holy cow, no one player is THAT important.

Usually a high ankle sprain takes about 6 weeks to fully heal. This is 6 weeks of staying off of it and going to a lot of therapy. Low ankle sprains can heal up in a a couple of weeks, but Martinez had a high one that has already been aggravated once (a&m game). There is about 6 weeks between that a&m game and the holiday bowl, so I would expect that he would be really close to 100%, if not at 100%. Another thing to think about... Washington (who we're playing) has a horrible rush defense. They have a 5-4 record and have lost to every ranked team except USC this year.

As far as defense goes... for rush defense: Us-#52, them-#103

for passing efficiency: Us-#5, them-#63

for scoring defense: Us-#8, them-#93

for total defense: Us-#10, them-#84

NCAA statistics link

These statistics, and the scores throughout the season tell me that we should be able to score on them through the air and on the ground. Even if Martinez isn't 100% with Helu, Burkhead, Kinnie & Reed, there is no reason we don't win this game UNLESS our team shows up unfocused, half playing, with lack of motivation. If we fumble, throw interceptions, and have a bunch of penalties, we are sure to beat ourselves.

I would rather see Cody play. Not because I am a hater, but let Taylor fully heal and not risk injury again. It might be 6 weeks, but Taylor still has to practice so staying off his feet won't happen. Plus he is a freshman, so sitting out one bowl game will not hurt him.

Cody played great against CU, so let him flex on this game.

turf toe needs a lot of rest before its competly healed, maybe a couple months.

his ankle should be fine though.

If you all remember...Deion Sanders fought the issues with turf toe for the better part of his career. He missed a lot of games because of it. From what I have been told, it's a pretty long nagging injury.

I was reading on one of the medical sites that Turf Toe can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months to heal. The site also stated that once an athlete gets turf toe, they have a high chance of getting it again. The ligaments and joint weaken after the first time, and then becomes more prone to the same type of injury again.

Usually a high ankle sprain takes about 6 weeks to fully heal. This is 6 weeks of staying off of it and going to a lot of therapy. Low ankle sprains can heal up in a a couple of weeks, but Martinez had a high one that has already been aggravated once (a&m game). There is about 6 weeks between that a&m game and the holiday bowl, so I would expect that he would be really close to 100%, if not at 100%. Another thing to think about... Washington (who we're playing) has a horrible rush defense. They have a 5-4 record and have lost to every ranked team except USC this year.

As far as defense goes... for rush defense: Us-#52, them-#103

for passing efficiency: Us-#5, them-#63

for scoring defense: Us-#8, them-#93

for total defense: Us-#10, them-#84

NCAA statistics link

These statistics, and the scores throughout the season tell me that we should be able to score on them through the air and on the ground. Even if Martinez isn't 100% with Helu, Burkhead, Kinnie & Reed, there is no reason we don't win this game UNLESS our team shows up unfocused, half playing, with lack of motivation. If we fumble, throw interceptions, and have a bunch of penalties, we are sure to beat ourselves.

You mean like all year long?