Poll: Do you like the Big Ten Logos and Division Names?

tschu

Big Ten  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lakes & Plains would've sufficed.

However if you wanted to use spatial names, the best they could've done is:

Northwest Division = Consisting of the Legends Division

Southeast Division = Consisting of the Leaders Division

If you look at the map below, it works with the exception of Wisconsin.

67860546.jpg

That looks like a Risk board.

I say we sever Wisconsin, push south into Illinois and Indiana, then stage an assault on Ohio before taking Pennsylvania by storm.

• Fire 2

to the people complaining about the logo, saying "its too simple, i could have drawn something better in MS Paint" doesn't cut it. any designer worth his weight in crayons will tell you that simple is better. look at any list of The Best Corporate Logos, and you'll see design after design of simple lettering, minimal color usage, and memorable logos that are burned into your subconscious. however, having said that, i think they could have used a different shade of blue. chuckleshuffle

b10.jpg

If they just stick with this it'll be OK. This is by far the best thing to come out of all of this. It's the cleanest look, the most clever iteration of the name. I like this - except for the powder blue.

Agree. I also like the B1G logo with the "EST. 1896" below the "1G". That should be pretty sweet on shirts and apparel IMO. Oh and I really don't mind the blue. At least black is the other color.

Check out what they have in mind for the logo on gamedays in the future - linky

b10.jpg

If they just stick with this it'll be OK. This is by far the best thing to come out of all of this. It's the cleanest look, the most clever iteration of the name. I like this - except for the powder blue.

The only way it looks like a 10 to me is if I squint and look at it from a distance. Otherwise it just looks like: B1G

We had a thread here on HB like three weeks ago about potential names for the league divisions, and right then I knew it was going to be bad if they didn't stick with geographic titles.

And they are awful. Leaders and Legends sounds like grade-school aged group leagues for soccer down at the Y.

The logo is ok...I will confess to having a babyish reaction initially to the "10" being prominent, like, we're already outliers? After thinking about it further though, I realized that they* have every right to hang onto their history and tradition.

(*We have every right I mean? I'm not really going to get used to this until 2012 I don't think...and at that point Mayan zombies will rise from the soil and kill us all.)