Forde Yard Dash - Bowl Edition

GSG

Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl (23)

Nebraska vs. Washington, Dec. 30, San Diego

Why Watch: To see whether the Huskies can stay on the field in this rematch of a 35-point beating in the regular season. And to see whether the Cornhuskers can be roused to take this game seriously.

Mascot Edge: Dubs the Alaskan Malamute beats Herbie Husker. Dash rule of thumb: live mascot beats dude in big-head costume. Herbie needs a John Deere to ride around the field. Or a pitchfork to carry. Or Pistol Pete's rifle.

Uniform Edge: Solidly in favor of Washington.

Moderately Useful Dash Fact: After a deflating loss to Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game and reports of a conversation between Bo Pelini and Miami about its opening (which he refuted), it's fair to question Nebraska's motivation level. But Washington isn't good enough to beat even a half-stepping Huskers team.

Dash Pick: Nebraska 35, Washington 11.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5921851

Why is Forde so much more reasonable and bearable in his Forde Yard Dash than in his other columns?

I actually don't disagree with the tractor. It's not a terrible idea - but not necessary.

Uniform edge in favor of Washington? On what planet? I don't get this, and I definitely don't agree with it.

Why is Forde so much more reasonable and bearable in his Forde Yard Dash than in his other columns?

I actually don't disagree with the tractor. It's not a terrible idea - but not necessary.

Uniform edge in favor of Washington? On what planet? I don't get this, and I definitely don't agree with it.

I hope we're the away team and Washington wears those God-awful black jerseys. It will be even sweeter whipping their puppy-dog asses while they're dressed like fools.

Forde has bashed Nebraska's colors, stadium, and mascot plenty of times. He said that he was "unimpressed" with our gameday atmosphere because Memorial Stadium looks "neolithic" and that scarlet was annoying or grating or something. So, whatever, he's another angry little Missouri grad. And looking at it, he hates red and classic uniforms. Which figures. Picks against Penn State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc.

But Washington isn't good enough to beat even a half-stepping Huskers team.

I don't think this is necessarily true, especially if our offense is "half-stepping". I really don't see the Blackshirts coming out flat or not fired up to shut down Locker again. But, I'm worried about our offense thinking they can just put their helmets on and win. Memory serves me right, that's the attitude that killed us vs Texas.