KSU just got screwed by the hometown refs!

Did you guys just see the 15 yard celebration penalty against KSU? KSU scored with a minute to go and the WR saluted the crowd. He got tossed a 15 yard flag for excessive celebration. With that, the refs tacked on 15 yards on the two point conversion for the potential tie. Needless to say they didn't get it. I thought this call was friggen rediculous and I don't even like KSU but man they got screwed!

Did you guys just see the 15 yard celebration penalty against KSU? KSU scored with a minute to go and the WR saluted the crowd. He got tossed a 15 yard flag for excessive celebration. With that, the refs tacked on 15 yards on the two point conversion for the potential tie. Needless to say they didn't get it. I thought this call was friggen rediculous and I don't even like KSU but man they got screwed!

As a fan who has seen one of my teams get screwed on a similar play, I say...amen.

Making a gesture towards the crowd is supposed to be called for the penalty. The official did his job, the player did not. Turn and hand the ball to the ref and nothing happens.

Making a gesture towards the crowd is supposed to be called for the penalty. The official did his job, the player did not. Turn and hand the ball to the ref and nothing happens.

just because it's a rule doesn't mean it isn't a stupid rule. The only way you can fight against stupid rules is to not call them, especially on something as light as this. The unsportsmanlike penalty needs to go and it's only going to get worse next year...

I see nothing wrong with the flag.... Remember next year I believe the TD gets taken off the board. The player will never do that again.

I see nothing wrong with the flag.... Remember next year I believe the TD gets taken off the board. The player will never do that again.

With a minute and a half to go I'd RATHER get the touchdown taken off the board and get another try than have to try a critical two-point conversion from the eighteen yard line. Stupid rule. Stupid player for saluting, but a stupid rule nonetheless.

With a minute and a half to go I'd RATHER get the touchdown taken off the board and get another try than have to try a critical two-point conversion from the eighteen yard line. Stupid rule. Stupid player for saluting, but a stupid rule nonetheless.

Agree......... but the player never shouldve saluated the crowd..... it drew attention to himself. Its been told over and over again, you cant do that. Yes its a prob a judgement call. But a smart player would never have to force a ref to make such decision.

The touchdown would stand even with the new rule. THe new rule is if the ref thinks you changed your running stlye or anything else in celebration before crossing the endzone the TD will be brought back to where your celebration started.

You know what else drew attention? The Syracuse player continuing to shove him when he was nine yards into the endzone. He burnt the defense there was no reason for him to even touch him after he scored. Whatever the rule is that is terrible.

I hate that celebration crap as much as I hate the Roll Tide commercials ESPN plays over and over and over and over. As jliehr said, Turn and hand the ball to the ref and nothing happens. It is just that simple.