KSU just got screwed by the hometown refs!

I am not a fan of excessive celebrations (the Terrell Owens types), but this was a BAD call. I saw Justin Blackman run 30 yards across the field before crossing the goal line last night, basically taunting the other team, and no flag was thrown. That was much worse in my opinion. Players should be allowed a quick celebration, as long as it is just a show of emotion/excitement, and not aimed at disrespecting the opposing team.

That's the type of play that will get the TD taken away next year

I am not a fan of excessive celebrations (the Terrell Owens types), but this was a BAD call. I saw Justin Blackman run 30 yards across the field before crossing the goal line last night, basically taunting the other team, and no flag was thrown. That was much worse in my opinion. Players should be allowed a quick celebration, as long as it is just a show of emotion/excitement, and not aimed at disrespecting the opposing team.

That's the type of play that will get the TD taken away next year

Not true, once the ball crosses the plane of the goal line it's a TD no matter what, now diving into the end zone, or pointing to the crowd or something onto the way to the end zone will be enforced from the spot of the foul and a TD would be taken off the board.

You call the game the same in minute 1 as minute 59.

And that's the problem - they didn't call it the same. Did you watch this game? Did you not see the Syracuse defense gyrating after big tackles? How can you think they called it the same?

No, I have a job, the poster I quoted mentioned that you should call it differently just because it's towards the end of the game.

So, how is kneeling down and crossing yourself or pointing to the sky or "throwing the bones" or "hook 'em horns' or forming an "O" with your fingers or crazy running down the field or a number of other celebrations, not 'calling attention to yourself'? Do the rules specifically state 'saluting'?

My thoughts exactly.

And if a Husker does this tonight

a) he is really stupid

b ) Beebe will immediately suspend him for the rest of the game and for all of next season.

That was a totally chincy call. The guy made a huge play in the game and was excited about it and the 'celebration' wasn't even that excessive. (He gave a quick 'salute' to the crowd)

Given the circumstances of the game that was a totally weak call by the referee. It cost KSU the game.

What cost KSU the game was no run defense and many blown coverage assignments.

Did you guys just see the 15 yard celebration penalty against KSU? KSU scored with a minute to go and the WR saluted the crowd. He got tossed a 15 yard flag for excessive celebration. With that, the refs tacked on 15 yards on the two point conversion for the potential tie. Needless to say they didn't get it. I thought this call was friggen rediculous and I don't even like KSU but man they got screwed!

Oh wah wah for the Big 12...I only want Nebraska to win! Screw the Big 12 (or little 10).

I don't care what team gets a flaky call like that I hate seeing it. I never want to see a game's outcome decided like that. It ruins the entire game.

Please people that rule is stupid and shouldn't be called at all. There was ton of showboating going on in the North Carolina/Tennessee game during TD's that weren't called. To call that penalty during a crucial part of the game is beyond retarded.

Every Husker fan would be pissed if Suh would've been flagged for throwing the ball against the fence after his pick six against Colorado in 08.