KSU just got screwed by the hometown refs!

Terrible call. Looks even worse after seeing Tenn score their first TD and the player celebrating in a greater fashion than the KSU player, yet no flag.

Refs should never decide the game. They need to understand the circumstances and react accordingly. They handed the game to Syracuse.

Also, real stupid of KSU to run play-action on that 2-pt conversion from the 18-yd line. You're not fooling anyone. Everyone and their mother knows that had to be a pass. The threat of the run was non-existent.

Did you guys just see the 15 yard celebration penalty against KSU? KSU scored with a minute to go and the WR saluted the crowd. He got tossed a 15 yard flag for excessive celebration. With that, the refs tacked on 15 yards on the two point conversion for the potential tie. Needless to say they didn't get it. I thought this call was friggen rediculous and I don't even like KSU but man they got screwed!

Making a gesture towards the crowd is supposed to be called for the penalty. The official did his job, the player did not. Turn and hand the ball to the ref and nothing happens.

I hate that celebration crap as much as I hate the Roll Tide commercials ESPN plays over and over and over and over. As jliehr said, Turn and hand the ball to the ref and nothing happens. It is just that simple.

How does a player NOT get excited after scoring a TD in the final minute to give his team a chance to tie. This is competitive sports.

Did you guys just see the 15 yard celebration penalty against KSU? KSU scored with a minute to go and the WR saluted the crowd. He got tossed a 15 yard flag for excessive celebration. With that, the refs tacked on 15 yards on the two point conversion for the potential tie. Needless to say they didn't get it. I thought this call was friggen rediculous and I don't even like KSU but man they got screwed!

A salute is now considered excessive celebration!???? WTF is going on!!! I feel for KSU...bullsh#t!!!!!

Making a gesture towards the crowd is supposed to be called for the penalty. The official did his job, the player did not. Turn and hand the ball to the ref and nothing happens.

I see nothing wrong with the flag.... Remember next year I believe the TD gets taken off the board. The player will never do that again.

With the TD coming off the board next year..that is a crock o sh#t!!! So...you're going to penalize a player for celebrating a bit for scoring a touchdown. A touchdown is like payday for a player!!! All that hard work pays off....I wonder who comes up with these rules..Rich jackasses that have never played the game and they think they know everything about the game!??? I think so!

I see nothing wrong with the flag.... Remember next year I believe the TD gets taken off the board. The player will never do that again.

With the TD coming off the board next year..that is a crock o sh#t!!! So...you're going to penalize a player for celebrating a bit for scoring a touchdown. A touchdown is like payday for a player!!! All that hard work pays off....I wonder who comes up with these rules..Rich jackasses that have never played the game and they think they know everything about the game!??? I think so!

What kills me is watching the syracuse defense go crazy after ANY defensive stop. That's the same thing. The guy waving both arms up and down while running off the field...so I guess it's only a penalty if you score points. That makes a lot of sense. We should only call offensive penalties if the play results in a TD (ie holding, false starts...)

How does a player NOT get excited after scoring a TD in the final minute to give his team a chance to tie. This is competitive sports.

Seriously. We all know how excited we get just as fans watching our team score, imagine being the guy actually making the play

Dude...in my third game ever playing football in eighth grade...I ran 30 yards for a touchdown at fullback...I was literally in tears after scoring that touchdown...when you put soo much hard work and hours in it...and make the play...it is an indescribable feeling...and I am not a pu&&y! lol....

What kills me is watching the syracuse defense go crazy after ANY defensive stop. That's the same thing. The guy waving both arms up and down while running off the field...so I guess it's only a penalty if you score points. That makes a lot of sense. We should only call offensive penalties if the play results in a TD (ie holding, false starts...)

Such BS....i feel for KState....they got seriously HOSED....

After almost every tackle during the game, the defensive player was shaking his fist, running around, doing chest bumps. One "Cuse defender hurt himself after a pass break up doing a little dance. No flags on any of those plays. The inconsistency of the application of the rule is what I find puzzling.

It's a game. let the guys play. On the other hand, make the tackle, don't celebrate. It's what you're supposed to do on defense.