Cody Green

I really thought Zac was going to go in and throw a ton of yards. I was wrong.

Did you not hear? Its against the rules to put your best throwing quarterback in the game, during throwing situations. :facepalm:

I dont know if Zac is still injured, but from what I hear he was chucking balls 50 yards before the CCG.

Agreed. It appears as though Martinez has lost the team. I hate it that Green is put in during piss poor conditions and people get upset with him for not winning the game. He is not a pure passer, he is at his best when there is a threat of a run.

However, last night showed he has an arm, and with some development I think he can be the guy next year.

I really thought Zac was going to go in and throw a ton of yards. I was wrong.

Me too. We needed a calming, experienced presence at QB, yet Zac was nowhere to be found. Is he still that hampered by injury that he couldn't get out there for his last snaps of D1 CFB? Heck, injured or not, if that was me, I'd be dying to get out on the field one last time.

Put me down for hoping Taylor Martinez transfers. He was good when the other team didn't know anything about him. But the word is out that he can run but can't pass. And there has to be a reason he was so available, overlooked by other schools, when Bo managed to sign him. He throws like a girl and I don't believe he is a team player. He reminds me of Sam (can't even remember his last name) who transferred from Arizona State under Calahan. His dad was a problem too and I had the feeling his sole reason for being there was to get a high draft in the NFL. Didn't happen and it won't with Taylor Martinez either unless he grows up a bit.

I know he is a freshman. And he has some maturing to do. But to me it was telling that he spent his final three years in high school at three different schools. I just don't believe he is a team player nor is he a leader of the caliber this team really must have to succeed. Things aren't going to be any easier next year with the new conference.

Let's not pretend that TMart had a horrible year. For the most part he played pretty well for us. There is a QB battle brewing this off-season. May come down to who the OC is and if he can stand up to Bo.

From the Missouri game on Taylor ran the ball 62 times for a total of 95 yards, that's an average of 1.5 YPC. After having a 9-3 TD\INT ratio in the first 8 games of the year, he finished 1/4 in his last 4 games.

After the K-State game Taylor's longest run was 26 yards, and he never found the end zone again.

• Fire 1

I also feel bad for Green. He isn't good enough to start but is good enough to go in and fix the mess when the starter sucks?

That being said he missed some WIIIIDE open guys last night. His passing game needs work as well.

I really want to know if Zach is hurt or if he just can't get a fair shake. He seemed the obvious choice once we had to throw every play.

Let's not pretend that TMart had a horrible year. For the most part he played pretty well for us. There is a QB battle brewing this off-season. May come down to who the OC is and if he can stand up to Bo.

From the Missouri game on Taylor ran the ball 62 times for a total of 95 yards, that's an average of 1.5 YPC. After having a 9-3 TD\INT ratio in the first 8 games of the year, he finished 1/4 in his last 4 games.

After the K-State game Taylor's longest run was 26 yards, and he never found the end zone again.

And all of those games he was injured???? AND he was only 30 or 40 yards away from being the 3rd Freshman QB in FBS HISTORY to run and throw for over 1000 yards. He played well for us as a freshman, i didnt hear any complaints when he threw for over 400 yards and 5 tds to beat OKST.

That being said i still dont know if he can be "the guy" to take us to the promise land, but lets not forget that he showed some good potential out there. Whether or not he goes into the off season and puts in the effort to get better is yet to be seen. From the looks of it, he might be the kind of guy that thinks he is all that, and doesnt need to watch film or work hard because he thinks he will just out run everyone. I hope thats not that case and Bo can straigten him out. If not well move on to the next guy thats not as fast as taylor but works 10 times harder(cody green)...which is what NU football is all about.