Remember when 10-4 seemed like a dream?

10-4 this season feels absolutely NOTHING like 10-4 felt last season.

2010: Weren't competive against Texas, barely squeezed by ISU, layed an egg against an A&M team we should have beat, choked away a HUGE lead against Oklahoma, left half the offense in Lincoln for the bowl game.

2009: Got beat by V.Tech on a last minute fluke. Tech demolished us, but the effort couldn't be questioned. I still haven't figure out the ISU game, but I think we can all chalk that one up as another fluke. Texas - perhaps one of the most dominant defensive performances I've ever seen. Only the Tech game were we soundly beat.

Remember the 2009 ISU game? 7 fumbles, 5 lost. In 2009 we had 22 fumbles. In 2010 we had 45. A large chunk of 2010 felt exactly like that 2009 ISU game for me. Those are two entirely different 10-4 seasons IMO which is why I'm extremely disapointed with this season. It added up to 10 wins, but it felt like 7.

Anyone remember how long it took Osborne to win a NC?

A long ass time.

Fortunately, I've managed to scrub the Clownahan years from my memory. Solich was a blip.

By that logic, I guess, I guess we got to wait, oh, about another 21 years for another NC. But that doesn't mean I hafta like going 10-4 and getting housed by a mediocre Washington team.

Correct on all points. IMO

The reason this 10-4 season feels much different than last year is quite simple. Last year, we got better as the season went on. This year, we got worse as the season went on. If anyone out there was the offensive coordinator, what plays would you call if your OL couldn't block anyone; your running backs and quarterback handled the ball like a hot potato; and your receivers couldn't even catch a cold?

Anyone remember how long it took Osborne to win a NC?

A long ass time.

Fortunately, I've managed to scrub the Clownahan years from my memory. Solich was a blip.

By that logic, I guess, I guess we got to wait, oh, about another 21 years for another NC. But that doesn't mean I hafta like going 10-4 and getting housed by a mediocre Washington team.

Correct on all points. IMO

no ones asking you to like getting beat, but instead to understand that games like that happen. there will be disappointments and yes, you will be unhappy at times

but we dont have to place blame, discredit a player, or go on a head hunt for coaches and coordinators after ever last game that fails to measure up to our unreasonable expectations

So because we are better then we were when we finished 5-7 we are supposed to be happy? We were a Top 10 team earlier in the year and now we won’t even finish in the Top 25. I’m supposed to be happy about that because we are better then the 5-7 team of 2007? We lost games we should have won and I’m supposed to be satisfied because we aren’t as bad as that team that gave up and got embarrassed by teams? This team played uninspired ball half of the season and gave up in the bowl game and I’m supposed to just say “golly gee that is alright because we are playing better then we did under Callahan and Coz”?

Sorry not going to happen. This season was a HUGE disappointment just like the 2007 season. IMO

• Fire 1

So because we are better then we were when we finished 5-7 we are supposed to be happy? We were a Top 10 team earlier in the year and now we wont even finish in the Top 25. Im supposed to be happy about that because we are better then the 5-7 team of 2007? We lost games we should have won and Im supposed to be satisfied because we arent as bad as that team that gave up and got embarrassed by teams? This team played uninspired ball half of the season and gave up in the bowl game and Im supposed to just say golly gee that is alright because we are playing better then we did under Callahan and Coz?

Sorry not going to happen. This season was a HUGE disappointment just like the 2007 season. IMO

when we were 5-7 we played with this level of intensity. this year(SDSU, ISU, KU, TU, etc.) feels like 07 again as far as pride, work ethic and onfield effort and intensity . this is my greates fear, that we are somehow headed back to that and Bo can't fix it.

10-4 is great compared to the Callacant years. The most dissappointiing thing about this year though was it looked like it all was coming together, and that this would be Nebraska's year to get to the BCS. We also had alot of senior talent which is sad to see go. We'll just have to be more patient I guess.

I think this is just sorely disappointing because our roster was set up for this year to be a big splash year, and it was no different really than the last, even worse when you look at how it unfolded. We may be waiting a year or two for another setup like this.

I believe Bo will have this program have sustained success, and he is going to be a great HC for us.

But even still, these set-up years don't come extremely often.

Agree.... Before the season, I kept thinking this our year, we can do it this year. After the CCG i just had a sore taste in my mouth for about week, i just felt disgusted on how the season ended. The rumors and everything else just left me deflated. Plus the fact of playing UW again in the Holiday Bowl.....again!!!

So because we are better then we were when we finished 5-7 we are supposed to be happy? We were a Top 10 team earlier in the year and now we won't even finish in the Top 25. I'm supposed to be happy about that because we are better then the 5-7 team of 2007? We lost games we should have won and I'm supposed to be satisfied because we aren't as bad as that team that gave up and got embarrassed by teams? This team played uninspired ball half of the season and gave up in the bowl game and I'm supposed to just say "golly gee that is alright because we are playing better then we did under Callahan and Coz"?

you mean the 2007 that was 3 years a ago? yes, i do think your supposed to be happy with a 5 win improvement over a 3 year period under a new coach. we were lucky we had the dominate defense we had last year, and we couldnt reasonably expect to have that kind of performance again. its still a process and the fact that your comparing a 10-4 season to a 5-7 season without a bowl is mind-numbing