Bo under attack again by the press

If this story gets any larger- I would expect the ACLU will be more offended about Minden putting Christmas lights on their courthouse. That will cause more choas then someone perceived as getting "punkd". I remember when I was at KISS concert and Gene Simmons said " I love you Nebraska". i thought he was talking to me directly. So as I sat outside his house for many days, I felt dejected. Now I know of a writer that will champion my cause and set Mr. Simmons correct. i only want tickets and travel to their next show in Europe.

• Fire 1

This has WAY more to do with Bo's lack of respect for the press (and far too often, they give him no reason to respect them) than it has to do with this kid.

I'm sorry, but this was something the guy should (and does, apparently) understand. His team played like dog ass and got beat by a four-touchdown underdog, in one of the worst performances they've put forth in years. The sailor knew what was up and he didn't approach Bo with his play. He's cool. It was the reporter, digging for a story where there was none, who is making an issue out of this.

And mad props to the sheeple commenting on the article. Classic stuff - "Bo has no class," "Bo should be fired," "Bo screwed this kid," blah blah blah. It's amazing that people have such little capacity for critical thought. Although, to be fair, if everyone had the capacity to think critically, FOX would have no viewers. So it goes.

Zing!

I don't get what happened though. Did Bo forget? Was it really a joke? The heck? Just odd.

sounds to me that Sark went first gave him the jersey and all, the BO went to give him the same exact thing and tried to one up Sark with a "and you can even call a play" and meant it as a joke...like ya im really going to let you call a play just trying to be cute and do a one better then Washington?

wish we could hear the audio to see how it was said, still not an issue thou

Why is it so hard to believe that Pelini really would have let the guy call a play? Nixon got to call a play in one of the Super Bowl games during his tenure in the White House so we know its a possibility.

Who cares if it was a joke or not? In the workplace, you say something to someone as a joke, they get offended, you're reputation still suffers and it reflects on you and the people associated with you. What are outsiders saying about this, "fire him" "what a jerk" etc. Pelini's image is already not the best throughout the country and stuff like this only makes him and the university look worse.

Blast away...

Why is it so hard to believe that Pelini really would have let the guy call a play? Nixon got to call a play in one of the Super Bowl games during his tenure in the White House so we know its a possibility.

Who cares if it was a joke or not? In the workplace, you say something to someone as a joke, they get offended, you're reputation still suffers and it reflects on you and the people associated with you. What are outsiders saying about this, "fire him" "what a jerk" etc. Pelini's image is already not the best throughout the country and stuff like this only makes him and the university look worse.

Blast away...

Yep the President of the United States did, so that opened the door for anybody :LOLtartar

Blast away...

Yep the President of the United States did, so that opened the door for anybody :LOLtartar

That's exactly what I thought. :lol:

So what he didnt get to call a play. Their is more tragic things if life too worry about.

As the game wore on did the kid really expect to call a play.

This goes so called sports writer, goes into the same shed as the 2 female writers that blasted NU before the CCG. I cant remember their names.

This has WAY more to do with Bo's lack of respect for the press (and far too often, they give him no reason to respect them) than it has to do with this kid.

I'm sorry, but this was something the guy should (and does, apparently) understand. His team played like dog ass and got beat by a four-touchdown underdog, in one of the worst performances they've put forth in years. The sailor knew what was up and he didn't approach Bo with his play. He's cool. It was the reporter, digging for a story where there was none, who is making an issue out of this.

And mad props to the sheeple commenting on the article. Classic stuff - "Bo has no class," "Bo should be fired," "Bo screwed this kid," blah blah blah. It's amazing that people have such little capacity for critical thought. Although, to be fair, if everyone had the capacity to think critically, CNN would have no viewers. So it goes.

Corrected

This is dumb.

There is no way possible that the kid could have called a play. Sorry, ma'am, but fumblerooski isn't a play that you can just tell a team to go out and run. The only way it could have been done is say, run up the middle, pass to the left, run left, and then have it translated to an actual play by the coaches. You guys ever heard college plays? One we had at Clemson when I was there was "Black Adam Hot," and that isn't anything about the formation. Black = protection (run/zone block, or any type of pass protection - in this case zone blocking)... Adam = the "route" that the running back takes (dive, counter, etc - in this case dive)... Hot = side (left or right - in this case right). So there you have it "Black Adam Hot" = RB Dive to the left with zone blocking.

In no way, shape, or form will a regular person off the street know how to call a play like that. Come on lady.

Blast away...

That's exactly what I thought. :lol:

Obviously, I know that this young man isn't as high up in the rankings as the Commander-in-Chief, but my point was is that coaches have let outsiders call a play (in a MUCH larger setting might I add).

Why should this woman be fired? She is a journalist who has provided an apparently VERY hot story to her publisher. Isn't that what journalists are suppoused to do and what media outlets want from their employees? Or are they suppoused to only write stories that everybody on Huskerboard will like?

I'm surprised how quick many of you are to give him a "pass" on this. I think this is a PR nightmare that could've been easily avoided. Don't make a promise you don't intend to keep.

Look, I like Pelini as much as anyone, but this is an epic fail he will have to address.