All This BS About Bo Leaving, Time To Come Back To Earth Huskerboard.

It’s not like it is in Bo’s coaching history to bolt jobs after a couple years. He has always been at places for the long haul. <_<

2rub7eoeem.jpg

bo made a lot of lateral moves, and if coaching moves in the last 10 years have shown us anything its that you never know. With that said, i cant for the life of me see a move to Mich. like some have said. LSU maybe alittle different. I could see that happening, which maybe why some freak out at the thought.

Will he move...I dont think so...but i have been wrong on coaches leaving and staying too many times over the past few years that nobody but that school and that coach and his family really know :dunno

Congratulations T_O....... I think you might have just broke the record for the longest topic title on Huskerboard. Plus, according to your post.... Michigan is need of a "couch"... Lucky for them, I just bought one from the furniture Mart and have an old one to give away. :clap

I am just having fun.... I agree with almost everything you said... just giving you a good natured jabbing :cheers

I went to NFM and told them that I wanted to purchase a casting couch. They looked at me funny.....wierd! dry.gif

It’s not like it is in Bo’s coaching history to bolt jobs after a couple years. He has always been at places for the long haul. <_<

Martinez switched High Schools every year. By that logic he shouldn't be returning to Nebraska.

If Casey Martinez tells him to transfer he will. If I’m not mistaken he also transferred from High School to High School because of playing time. We’ll see how committed to NU his father is if Taylor’s playing drops next year.

You can also have your head in the sand and think Bo is here for the long haul but if a better job comes around, and they are out there, he is gone.

Martinez switched High Schools every year. By that logic he shouldn't be returning to Nebraska.

If Casey Martinez tells him to transfer he will. If I’m not mistaken he also transferred from High School to High School because of playing time. We’ll see how committed to NU his father is if Taylor’s playing drops next year.

You can also have your head in the sand and think Bo is here for the long haul but if a better job comes around, and they are out there, he is gone.

And you can believe every internet rumor you hear and think the sky is falling when someone says Bo is gone. It works both ways.

I've said many times I don't think Bo is here forever. He'll stick around for a few years, accomplish a few things, and move on. But he's not going to Michigan, and this panic over Bo-to-Michigan is pointless.

Michigan fires Roch-Rod, fact. Now lets talk about supposition, Michigan is going to hire Les miles away from LSU. LSU automatically offers their job to Bo P. Bo P. can't wait to make a lateral move and takes the LSU job. Woe is me the Huskers don't have a couch and disaster falls upon the program. :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs: Come back to earth idiots!

Only one thing is written in stone, 'Michigan needs a couch.' As for the rest: (1) Why would Miles want to leave a good program in the conference that ESPN thinks is the best in the country for a down program in the 'Rust Belt?' (2) Is the Michigan job really a quality position? (3) Is LSU really interested in Bo P? (4) After a decade of moving his family ( 3 times ) does Bo want to make another move and (5) how does Mrs Bo feel about that? (6) Is the LSU job a step up from the Nebraska job? If Bo P should leave why should we assume that Nebraska can't bring in someone just as good if not better?

Get your heads back up from between your legs Husker fans this is just the off season.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

MNA37201f.jpg

We got a couch!!!

EDIT:

Sorry..Responded before reading the utter replies

I'm not really sure why people think this is so far fetched (Miles to Michigan, Bo to LSU - not Bo to Michigan) - for all his success here Bo has had a pretty rocky ride...

(1) Why would Miles want to leave a good program in the conference that ESPN thinks is the best in the country for a down program in the 'Rust Belt?' Money, his dream job, tired of the humidity, a challenge, a change, get away from the LSU media that calls for his firing yearly, only need to beat 2-3 quality teams to win the conference instead of 6, any number of other reasons. I'm sure he could find plenty.

(2) Is the Michigan job really a quality position? Coaching at a school with the most all-time wins and highest winning percentage in history? With arguably more tradition than Nebraska? Coach in front of 110,000 fans every week?

(3) Is LSU really interested in Bo P? Why wouldn't they be?

(4) After a decade of moving his family ( 3 times ) does Bo want to make another move and Why not? Like you said, he's used to it.

(5) how does Mrs Bo feel about that? Who cares, Bo will drop a couple million into her checking account and she can go crazy.

(6) Is the LSU job a step up from the Nebraska job It certainly isn't a step down.

As for Bo working too hard on this recruiting class to leave? Well, Les has a pretty nice recruiting class for him to take over if he went to LSU. I don't think he'll be hurting for tallent at LSU.

Oh, and then there's that small thing called money...

LSU currently pays their head coach 3.9 million per year

NU currently pays 2.1 million per year

I see about 1.8 million reasons why Bo might go to LSU (that can't be ignored) if Miles were to leave for Michigan (a school that could pay in the 4-5 million range) Oh, and his assistants (Carl) would probably be making around 800,000 - 1 million per year at LSU, not 385k. If the brothers want to stay together LSU would be a great place to make that happen.

Michigan fires Roch-Rod, fact. Now lets talk about supposition, Michigan is going to hire Les miles away from LSU. LSU automatically offers their job to Bo P. Bo P. can't wait to make a lateral move and takes the LSU job. Woe is me the Huskers don't have a couch and disaster falls upon the program. :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs: Come back to earth idiots!

Only one thing is written in stone, 'Michigan needs a couch.' As for the rest: (1) Why would Miles want to leave a good program in the conference that ESPN thinks is the best in the country for a down program in the 'Rust Belt?' (2) Is the Michigan job really a quality position? (3) Is LSU really interested in Bo P? (4) After a decade of moving his family ( 3 times ) does Bo want to make another move and (5) how does Mrs Bo feel about that? (6) Is the LSU job a step up from the Nebraska job? If Bo P should leave why should we assume that Nebraska can't bring in someone just as good if not better?

Get your heads back up from between your legs Husker fans this is just the off season.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

I too am looking for a couch but I'm having serious trouble. Do I go with a sectional or couch/loveseat/lazy-boy combo? Leather or cloth? So hard to choose!! Help Husker nation :laughpound

Edit: Probably should have read the thread seeing as ten other people have made this joke already. Hooray for originality!

I'm not really sure why people think this is so far fetched (Miles to Michigan, Bo to LSU - not Bo to Michigan) - for all his success here Bo has had a pretty rocky ride...

(1) Why would Miles want to leave a good program in the conference that ESPN thinks is the best in the country for a down program in the 'Rust Belt?' Money, his dream job, tired of the humidity, a challenge, a change, get away from the LSU media that calls for his firing yearly, only need to beat 2-3 quality teams to win the conference instead of 6, any number of other reasons. I'm sure he could find plenty.

(2) Is the Michigan job really a quality position? Coaching at a school with the most all-time wins and highest winning percentage in history? With arguably more tradition than Nebraska? Coach in front of 110,000 fans every week?

(3) Is LSU really interested in Bo P? Why wouldn't they be?

(4) After a decade of moving his family ( 3 times ) does Bo want to make another move and Why not? Like you said, he's used to it.

(5) how does Mrs Bo feel about that? Who cares, Bo will drop a couple million into her checking account and she can go crazy.

(6) Is the LSU job a step up from the Nebraska job It certainly isn't a step down.

As for Bo working too hard on this recruiting class to leave? Well, Les has a pretty nice recruiting class for him to take over if he went to LSU. I don't think he'll be hurting for tallent at LSU.

Oh, and then there's that small thing called money...

LSU currently pays their head coach 3.9 million per year

NU currently pays 2.1 million per year

I see about 1.8 million reasons why Bo might go to LSU (that can't be ignored) if Miles were to leave for Michigan (a school that could pay in the 4-5 million range) Oh, and his assistants (Carl) would probably be making around 800,000 - 1 million per year at LSU, not 385k. If the brothers want to stay together LSU would be a great place to make that happen.

This ^^^^^^. Bo isn't going to Michigan. I would be willing to bet even the name Michigan makes his blood boil. He's Ohio State through and through. However, it is definitely possible Bo going to LSU. LSU is a better job than Nebraska. It's in the best football conference. It's right smack dab in the middle of the hottest recruiting bed. The best coaches and the best athletes are in the SEC.

However, I don't think Miles goes to Michigan. His greatest claim to fame at Okie State was beating OU a couple of times. At LSU, I'd say he's been a step down from the guy he replaced. I don't think Michigan takes a chance on him. Considering Rich Rod has recruited exclusively for the spread, I'd think Michigan would look towards a guy willing to at least run the spread for a while until they get athletes better suited for another offensive style. I don't see Les Miles as a spread guy which would lead to lots and lots of losses the first couple of years.