Guys Get Over It.

The national coaches convention isn't for another few weeks. Remember how Ekeler "left?" It has to be done in a very delicate manor. I would bet that we see changes.

Actually it kicked off yesterday in Dallas.

Thanks Jliehr. I would bet that changes would occur after these are over. What do you think jliehr?

I'd like to keep a eye on this guy. Heard his name pop up the other day and it kind of took me by surprise.

http://www.uwwsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=86

Very interesting candidate da skers, here is another one that I have been pumping for awhile:

Greg Studrawa

Yeah I could see that too. I remember him being a name that was out there as someone to come with Bo when he was hired along with the running backs coach from LSU at the time.

I'd like to keep a eye on this guy. Heard his name pop up the other day and it kind of took me by surprise.

Very interesting candidate da skers, here is another one that I have been pumping for awhile:

Greg Studrawa

Yeah I could see that too. I remember him being a name that was out there as someone to come with Bo when he was hired along with the running backs coach from LSU at the time.

Wish he would have. That is the kind of OC that I want. One with an OL background. Ohio boy as well. Don't you dare say that Barney Cotton fits that mold as well! =)

Greg Studrawa

Wish he would have. That is the kind of OC that I want. One with an OL background. Ohio boy as well. Don't you dare say that Barney Cotton fits that mold as well! =)

The only mold Cotton is like is toxic mold. It slowly kills you over time.

I dont mean to be blunt but if i keep seeing a fire Watson thread or a Lets Change The Offence thread i need to speak up. Its obvious that Watson isnt going anywhere or he would of been gone already. Its obvious that no one is going anywhere because they would of been cast into the wind by now. We will be running this same type of offence next year which means well be mediocre at best. Dont mean to be him humm ho drum but thats what im seeing. Actions needed to be taken and for whatever reason it hasnt happened. Get used to this because its obvious there not changing anything.

How is it obvious?! Watson has interviewed for 3 HC jobs this year alone! If anything, the evidence could suggest he's leaving!

I dont mean to be blunt but if i keep seeing a fire Watson thread or a Lets Change The Offence thread i need to speak up. Its obvious that Watson isnt going anywhere or he would of been gone already. Its obvious that no one is going anywhere because they would of been cast into the wind by now. We will be running this same type of offence next year which means well be mediocre at best. Dont mean to be him humm ho drum but thats what im seeing. Actions needed to be taken and for whatever reason it hasnt happened. Get used to this because its obvious there not changing anything.

No offense, but I disagree. I think we will see some changes after the coaches meeting. There's plenty of time. Things change so quickly for people from one day to the next. So, it could be that there are things going on on the inside that we don't even know about.

I'm hoping that we will have some changes. One change that I would like to see is team unity. Back in the day those boys were tighter than a drum. They might not have liked each other but they sure respected each other and they played for each other. They were a team. I miss that.

I remember when those boys weren't allowed to sit down (unless they were hurt) They were always standing up, cheering for whatever team (offense/defense)was on the field. They were turning around and encouraging the fans to cheer.

It will be interesting to see what happens before Husker season 2011.

Why is Ekeler "leaving" and not leaving. Was he "forced" to "leave" or "asked" to "leave". Do you "know" "something" that the rest of us don't?

Lots of rumors as to why he was asked to leave. The one I've heard most and probably makes as much sense has to do with the fact that he walked a very fine line on recruiting ethics. I caught one blip on a board that was there for about 5 minutes stating an assistant coach could land NU in hot water and a high profile recruit might not be eligible but it was yanked down quick. I think it also had a booster involvement because UNL issued a reminder about recruiting again.

Here was the email that was sent.

NU Boosters, Alumni and Athletic Representatives Recruiting Guidelines

What Defines Recruiting?

Recruiting is any solicitation of a prospect or a prospect’s family member (or legal guardian) by a University of Nebraska staff member or athletic booster, for the purpose of securing the prospect’s enrollment and ultimate participation in the University of Nebraska intercollegiate athletic programs.

Who is a Prospective Student-Athlete?

A prospective student-athlete is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade or above, including students in prep schools and junior colleges as well as students who have officially withdrawn from a four-year institution and plan to transfer to another collegiate institution. In addition, a student who has not started classes for the ninth grade becomes a prospective student-athlete if the institution or a booster provides the individual or the individual's relatives or friends with any financial assistance or benefits that the institution does not provide to prospective students in general. A good rule of thumb is to treat ALL STUDENTS as prospects.

General Recruiting Guidelines for Boosters/Alumni/Representatives of Athletics Interests

• Boosters are not allowed to contact a prospect in an attempt to recruit or encourage attendance at the University of Nebraska.

o Types of prohibited contacts include, but are not limited to:

On-campus or Off-campus face-to-face conversation with prospect or the prospect’s relatives

Any form of written correspondence; and/or

Telephone calls to a prospect, the prospect’s relatives or coaches

• Boosters are not allowed to invite a prospect or the prospect’s relatives to any booster function or alumni event.

• Boosters are not allowed to provide a prospect or the prospect’s relatives with free or reduced rate transportation, meals, lodging, gifts, entertainment or expenses for any type of service.

• Boosters may send information (e.g., news articles, game programs, etc.) concerning a prospective student-athlete to the appropriate coaching staff.

• Boosters may attend high school and community college events, provided they do not contact prospective student-athletes, their families, coaches, counselors or high school administrators in an attempt to recruit the prospect.

• Boosters may continue pre-established friendships with prospects, their parents and relatives provided that the contact with these individuals is not arranged by a Nebraska coaching staff member, nor is the contact an attempt to recruit the prospect.

• Boosters may attend public events (e.g., banquet, fundraising event, or dinner) at which prospects are in attendance. However, NO contact or attempt should be made to recruit the prospect, including contact with the prospect’s parents, relatives or coaches.

• Boosters may not e-mail or post messages on a prospective student-athlete’s MySpace, Facebook or similar website encouraging attendance at the University of Nebraska.

• Boosters may not obtain film/videotape or transcripts from a prospective student-athlete’s educational institution in an effort to evaluate the prospect’s academic eligibility or athletics ability.

The guidelines above are not exhaustive. Any questions or concerns related to recruiting or any other topic should be directed to the Athletic Compliance Office at (402)472-2042.

ASK BEFORE YOU ACT!

I actually heard that Ekeler was leaving back in September after a certain LB broke his leg and it was out in the media before his parents were told by Bo. I heard that Ek was the leak and that Bo told him that he was to find himself employment following the season or he would be asked to leave. My source also said the same would be true of Watson, but I am starting to believe he was wrong on the Watson part. I never said anything because I knew how this board hated rumors. And that has become even more apparent in the last month (and I happen to hate rumors as well).

perhaps bo and watson already know whats gonna go down and just are waiting to see where the cards fall.... i think watson will be gone to or 'leave' if some want to call it that.... i'd hope they look at it has benifical to both parties... i just dont know how Bo can justify the level of blandness on the Offensive side and think it can be fixed or changed or more importantly given just one more chance.....

perhaps bo and watson already know whats gonna go down and just are waiting to see where the cards fall.... i think watson will be gone to or 'leave' if some want to call it that.... i'd hope they look at it has benifical to both parties... i just dont know how Bo can justify the level of blandness on the Offensive side and think it can be fixed or changed or more importantly given just one more chance.....

This is basically what I am thinking. After hearing the rumors about Eckler, makes me think that Bo is giving Watson time to find a job, so it looks as if he left on his own. Furtermore, it makes me kind of worried that Bo may be holding off to make sure HE will be at UNL.... I truly, in my gut, feel as if Miles goes to Michigan, Bo could possibly end up at LSU. Said it many times and long ago that I was afraid of this scenario. It is playing out as I feared. Him not making any moves adds to my fears.

The coaching carosel is far from over IMHO. First off the situations in Ann Arbor and Baton Rouge need to looked at a little more seriously. We have hashed out enough about Bo being upset with Perlman, and how the money could be more and all the other little what nots involved in these scenarios(worsecase of course).

Secondly I agree with the guys(EZ and jiehr) that think after the coaches convention, more job turnover and fills will take place. Not only at NU but nationwide. There are many positions to be filled.

Finally I think Bo is a little gun shy to do any more moves until after signing day. Announcing whomever the LB coach would be a wise move now, but does he think some recruits may bolt with offensive wholesale changes? I think he does. Should it matter, probably not. But not every kid out these is like a Wayne Lyons and commits to a school not a coach. Just look at the whole Brion Carnes situation last year for USF. Brion was a huge Levitt guy, and then Holtz wasn't so hot on him and vice versa.

Coaches will change and 1960's looking square that holds down the blocking sled for NU should be the first to go.