Monster Grizzly Bear

Blaze1up

These two gents were calling elk in the Saddle Hills south of Woking when this big guy slipped in on the caller. The shooter spotted the grizzly bear 8 yards from the caller and dropped him with 5 shots out of his 338 Rem Mag. Farmers in the area knew about the grizzly bear but weren’t able to track it after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and a pen full of chickens on several different homesteads in the area.

Fish and wildlife had bear traps set up in the area but noticed on surveillance video that whenever he would enter the trap his hump would hit the top slowing him enough that the trap door would wack him on the head before he was all the way in.

Check out the scar tissue on his face…..

The bear weighed in just under 1300 pounds and would have stood 11 ¾ feet tall on its hind legs….

Saddle-Hills-Bear_5.jpg

Saddle-Hills-Bear_3.jpg

Saddle-Hills-Bear_2.jpg

Saddle-Hills-Bear_4.jpg

Saddle-Hills-Bear_1-.jpg

What could you do with that ? Full mount would cost a fortune, even a rug would be spendy.

wouldnt matter how much the mount cost, you get it done. even do it on spec with the taxidermist if you have to, cut him in. you know how much someone like a cabelas or some rich collector would pay for that thing? 50,000+ would not be unrealistic.

I agree. You have to get that bear mounted. Take a loan out if you have to. A once in a lifetime hunt that produced the biggest damn bear I've ever seen dead in a picture. Just look at the size of those claws! Even if he glanced your head, it would still take half of your face off.

Wow! I wonder if the bear was charging at them after the first shot. Blaze said it took five to bring the big guy down. Hope the guy had sleight of hand.

• Fire 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, reading this again, got me wondering...

Ok, now from what I remember a 338 mag, is a decent sized round with some punch. But 5 shots to bring this big mother down, wouldn't those have to be 5 very well placed shots.

Now if this thing is 25 feet away from you, coming at a rush...

Ok, reading this again, got me wondering...

Ok, now from what I remember a 338 mag, is a decent sized round with some punch. But 5 shots to bring this big mother down, wouldn't those have to be 5 very well placed shots.

Now if this thing is 25 feet away from you, coming at a rush...

That's plenty of gun for that bear, or anything else in North America. With the right shot placememt a 30-06 would probably be enough, with less recoil.

Wow! I wonder if the bear was charging at them after the first shot. Blaze said it took five to bring the big guy down. Hope the guy had sleight of hand.

And a spare pair of underwear.

And juggernaut ;D

The shooter was far away though, wasn't he? The guy near the bear was the caller.

• 3 months later...