National Signing Day Predictions

We're just a few days away from NSD. Post your own predictions if you wish.

As far as I'm aware these are the prospects we're still in for:

DT Todd Peat

K Mauro Bondi

WR Robert Lockhart

DE Akeem Gonzales

CB Dion Bass

Of those prospects, my predictions are:

:bigredn: - Mauro Bondi - Just a guess based on what's been posted in his profile since this morning. Sounds like he's having fun on his official visit.

:bigredn: - Dion Bass - I would not be surprised if he stuck with his commitment to Idaho only because his older brother, Ryan Bass is a RB there. However, the fact that he agreed to a late visit to NU tells me he'd seriously consider the offer if it came, hence my prediction that he'll accept if the staff likes what they see during the official visit.

I think Peat stays home for convenience sakes. Just a hunch.

I predict Lockhart to VaTech because it'll allow him to play in front of his family at least twice in a 4 year period. VaTech and Miami are in the same division and his hometown of Boca Raton is an hour away from Miami. Also since he never received BCS offers from any Florida schools (UF, FSU, Miami, USF) the VaTech offer is the next best thing to playing close to home. I have no inside info. that playing close to home is important to him though. I'm merely guessing here.

Akeem Gonzales will play somewhere in the Pac-12. Plus with the recent commitment of Carter, our need for DE has already been filled for this class.

:bigredn: Bondi

:bigredn: Peat, i'm with aspeedlin there is just a little vibe in the air arounf this kid now. Also I still say Hobbi may have helped land this kid

:bigredn: Virgile, my suprise signee. I'd hope he can see the opportunity availible

Misses or passes, Akeem, the slot has been filled, thanks for visiting good luck to ya

Lockhart, east coast guy

Bass, stays to play with big bro

I think K Bondi is :bigredn:

I want DT Peat to be :bigredn:

I don't think WR Lockhart will be here as word is he is going to VT. I know there has been debate on how many WR's we will take. IMO we need some good ones still. WR Patrick Onwuasor seems to be headed in other directions. 50/50 we end up with WR Aaron Ernest on signing day. WR to me still seems to be an achilles heel in recruiting.

We've got 18 commits. If Bubba gets drafted with a multimillion dollar signing bonus, then we really have 17 commits.

Now TE David Sutton was offered a grey shirt unless a scholarship opens up... Which means the staff as of now, has all scholarships accounted for next year.

Coach Gilmore said he would take 20-21 guys in this

class. So with that said, we have 3 spots open. We have 5 guys we are after 2LB(keeon virgile, Kent turene) 1CB(Devin Bass, no offer as of now) 1WR/CB(Robert Lockhart) 1DT(Todd Peat Jr.)

With that said... Here's my projections.

N - Robert Lockhart. He gave his visit to Nebraska a 10, saying it was everything he expected. His teammate K Mauro bondi is committed to the huskers and he knows he is our top target for CB/WR. Also, in state prospect Darrius Vick was told he would know by saturday if he was going to get an offer to play DB, he got a phone call friday night and did not get that offer. So whoever had first dibbs seems to have taken the offer...This was before Bass visited who still does not have an offer, and after Lockhart visited and rated it a 10. The other reason I say this is he has been all over Nebraska's recruiting sites and updated his thoughts on Nebraska. But there is very little talk of him on the hoakie rivals or scout site. We know the coaches wanted a playmaker at CB/WR... I think this guy is definitely N.

N - Todd Peat Jr. He had a blast on his official visit, and he said what most impresses him about Nebraska is the potential the coaches see in him. How they have told him who they can make him, he also said that he thinks Nebraska is on it's way to winning national championships very soon and that he is looking for a place where he can play early. Both Crick and T. Moore graduate after this year and Peat Jr. Will have the opportunity to compete for time with Rome, Steinkuhler and Randle, and Williams as a redshift freshman. Sounds like Pelini definitely thinks he can compete early and Peat Jr. Knows he has the potential to play. Yes he is announcing at his grade school, and yes this could mean ASU, but it could also mean he wants to show kids they too can compete for top 20 football teams with National Championships and leading Academic All Americans.

North Carolina - Keeon Virgile. Has North Carolina high on his rivals page and Nebraska with a lot of other schools as medium interest. Keeon has also stated consistently over the past couple months that NC is his favorite. it's also closer to home and has warmer weather. Although his dad favors Nebraska I think UNC wins this battle.

Georgia - Kent Turene. He has Texas tech, Georgia, and USC as his highs on rivals. He decommitted from USC

yesterday and raved about his Georgia trip. With recent

pickups of great talent at Georgia the coaches are riding on

the recruiting momentum. This offer is closest to home and

in sec country for Turene. Nebraska isn't even high on his

list anymore... I'd be surprised if he doesn't go with

Georgia.

Devin Bass - I do not know about this kid. I am not sure if he gets an offer.

A surprise - I think we see a surprise for our 21st commit.

Someone we would not expect and maybe haven't heard

much about.

• Fire 1

I was kind of thinking the same thing. With the greyshirt offer going out you would think the coaches are pretty confident on at least two others. And maybe not so sure on another.

I really think we pulled Peat

Hopefull on the WR and Virgile to round out the class

I am thinking that Peat goes to ASU. We will not land Turene. Onwuasor is gone. Virgile is a question... maybe... maybe not.

So... I'd say we are done re. major recruits --- in that Peat is likely going to ASU and Lockhardt likely to V. Tech. Of the remaining people, none in the "major" recruit class... Virgile and Bass are possibles. May get both... may get neither. But no 4 star is out there with NU as their lean... at least that I know of.

Hopefully a surprise will happen and a big fish will be landed. So long as we hang on to what we have... we'll be fine. It will be a good to very good class. The main strengths.... OLine and RB... the weaknesses... fine quality at LB and DB but not enough quantity.