Big Surprise???

First off......I don't proclaim to have a guy. Even if I do. It would get me fired. Second I know stuff no one else knows but can't say or I'd be fired cause it would be clear how or who I got it from. There are going to be changes on the staff. Some of it is organizational and some is because of evaluative conclusion. It's not going to come to light until wed night but 3 events happened already. If I'm wrong my sources screwed me. If I'm right I'm excited and nervous. But mostly excited. I'm sure ill be deleted so see you on the other side as someone neW. NiCe flirting. Gotta run to bed.

LOL. :lol:

First laugh: You say "I can't say". Like you know it's a bad idea to throw out clouds of doubt about the staff just before signing day. And then you try to do it anyway.

Second laugh: It's wrong.

I've heard tons of conflicting "insider" stuff lately and the only conclusion I can come to: Nobody has a clue what's going on. My guess is a loony rumor came out and different folk are filling in the details themselves and trying to cash in on getting the scoop, while passing that off as info to others...who unsuspectingly, do the same.

But knowing Bo and his antics - I would not be surprised at this point if a lot of people have just been had. Probably helps pinpoint where the leaks are coming from, too.

I have felt some coaching changes might happen but that the timeframe for any such movement was probably on the order of another month or two. I know everyone just wants axes flying around now, but Bo knows he has to be prudent about these decisions and will take the time to do his due diligence. That little delay for us impatient fans is a drop in the bucket in the long run, and we'll end up with hopefully, a sound hire. In the meantime though, we'll just have to carry on without our appetites having been sufficiently whetted.

First off......I don't proclaim to have a guy. Even if I do. It would get me fired. Second I know stuff no one else knows but can't say or I'd be fired cause it would be clear how or who I got it from. There are going to be changes on the staff. Some of it is organizational and some is because of evaluative conclusion. It's not going to come to light until wed night but 3 events happened already. If I'm wrong my sources screwed me. If I'm right I'm excited and nervous. But mostly excited. I'm sure ill be deleted so see you on the other side as someone neW. NiCe flirting. Gotta run to bed.

What?

Here's my theory.

Bo doesn't like answering questions about high school recruits on signing day, but he generally has to anyways because there's nothing else to talk about. So this year, he decides to leak that there are going to be some "surprises," on Wednesday, and that makes its way to the message board, which inevitably makes it to the eyes/ears of the newspaper journalists. Said journalists go to Signing Day presser, forgetting to ask about recruits instead pressing Bo on staff changes. Bo laughs in their face and calls it a day. It's Win Win for Bo, and Lose Lose for the journalists, which of course means that really it's Win Win Win Win for Bo.

• Fire 1

The only two guys it makes sense to fire are Cotton and Gilmore. I know many pine for Watson to be gone as well, but firing the offensive coordinator would gut our offense and then we'd have to go find a new one who can run the spread Bo wants, and then he might want to bring in his own assistants.

Although Bo is loyal to a fault to his coaching staff (minus Ek, who was basically his whipping boy), I think if the TO or other higher ups convinced him changes had to be made, he'd be willing to cut Barney and Gilmore loose. Those two positions clearly haven't reached their full potential yet, and filling those positions would require a ton less effort than the OC position. It'd basically set Wats up to have one more chance to prove himself in 2011 as well, perhaps allowing him to bring in his choice of OL and WR coaches as well.

Heh....my good friend, I'm really not trying to be mean but it's obvious to me that our offense has been "gutted" for the last two years. For the life of me I can't see a downside to changing the OC/qb coach.

Call me stupid but for 30 grand/month I think we could get a far, far, FAR better OC/qb coach that SW. It's as close to a no lose scenario as I can honestly imagine. Really, what are the odds they'll do worse? Slim & none I'd say.

Losing Gilmore would be the ultimate addition by subtraction. Maybe Barney too.

Bo's the HC and it's high time he stands up for it. If the blackshirts in any area had results as disastrous as our offense heads would have rolled a long time ago. This ain't the post office Bo. It's time to STAND and be counted.

This whole thread is really kinda ridiculous. EZ-E, I've really come to respect the info that you post on this board, but really, Bo could have been talking about anything if your friend did indeed hear what Bo said. His friend could have a bd on Wed. and wanting to know what Bo got him and Bo told him you will find out Wed. They could have been talking about anything.

Now, BigWillie is usually always right with his info but he has not said anything about this happening. In fact, the post he did make in this thread is kind of debunking this whole rumor from what it looked like to me. If I'm wrong, I will eat my helping of crow, but until I hear otherwise Im expecting the same staff for next year.

• Fire 1

I believe there are people on here that are very much in the know. I also believe the important in-the-know people don't say stuff like this. People that say stuff like this are, IMO, most likely FOS, or know something but are just a desk boy, spoiled nephew, or someone who happened to overhear something walking down the hall. If you really are as important as you try to sound, it seems kinda douchey to have to get on a message board and tell a bunch of annonymous strangers that you are important and do know things.

Well said sir....may I also add to the people that come on here and claim to be "in the know"......stop reading HI and Scout and then come on here and act like you know something we don't know ( a lot of us do have these same paid services)..and if you claim to have your "inside sources"....either post it or STFU. That is all....

• Fire 3

Well, after reading all of that, two things...

1. If there are not any staff changes, you might not call it a 'surprise,' but it would be a hell of a setback for the program. Not that I wouldn't watch the games, but to get excited for Watsgrove's efforts at this point might actually be the definition of insanity.

2. Having been on this board a few years, usually when cryptic rumors like this break, there is SOME sort of truth in them. How much or how little depends on the situation. I'm a bit colored by optimism––I hope the rumors ARE true. Nothing would make my week like finding our offensive staff is getting a change of blood.

Yeah, that was me who started the thread. At the time, I didn't know what kind of commotion I'd be causing because I didn't know the full extent of what was going on.

I checked around with several sources and heard that more then one coach is leaving, most likely Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore, but possibly could be more.

When I asked a player about this he said "I haven't seen some of the coaches since the bowl game."

• Fire 1

Yeah, that was me who started the thread. At the time, I didn't know what kind of commotion I'd be causing because I didn't know the full extent of what was going on.

I checked around with several sources and heard that more then one coach is leaving, most likely Shawn Watson and Ted Gilmore, but possibly could be more.

When I asked a player about this he said "I haven't seen some of the coaches since the bowl game."

finally, someone puts their nuts on the table. bravo.

but im pretty sure i found the 'big surprise' in my toilet this morning.