Big Surprise???

Love it... Never thought I would see Fowler again, and when he comes back, he give birth to this.

One question, then some fuel for the fire

Mods: IF this thread is hurting "us" (ie recruiting as was suggested) why have you not locked it?

People say they want "inside" info, then they dump all over the poster, it's just how it is. It's not just this board it is all over, if you have the inside line, fine, just be ready for a beating. So, having said that, may I present my text message from Jan 31 @ 1:46PM

Ron Brown, Sanders, Gilmore, Watson. All gone or reassigned after NSD

Brown return to ministry

Sanders in some trouble, may have DC job.

Watson will be reassigned in AD if he wants it, Gilmore strung up.

Me: So who is new OC?

Reply: Houstons current OC.

Beck/Frost as co/OC

Or Beck, or Frost

Or Man Jam... Take your favorite.

Man Jam Ok'd by TO/650k

Am I right, who the crap knows.... The guy who sent it is around 90%... Either way, I figure its pretty easy to see something will happen on the staff....

That is some SERIOUS collateral damage. We'd get rid of two of the worst coaches on staff (Watson, Gilmore), but lose the two best (Sanders, Brown). Other than the Pelini Bros, Brown and Sanders are the most valuable coaches we had on this team. If this is true, it's a bit of two steps forward, one step back.

Oh, and who the F is "Man Jam"? Mangino?

Published Tuesday February 1, 2011

NU calls off Pelini press conference

By Mitch Sherman

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

The school issued a press release Tuesday to announce the change and added this message to the media: “This teleconference is an opportunity to discuss the 2011 recruiting class and signing day and not various other topics.”

Link

This surely didnt put out any fires....

Winner, winner chicken dinner.... Captain Arby's himself...

I would think "Mangina" is a better nickname. I mean, you only have to replace one letter. Plus, manginas are hilarious. I saw a mangina on the Niobrara once. Ah, the good old days.

brown has been hanging on for the sake of tom and the old regime anyways. love the man to death, but really where are his priorities? coaching these supreme athletes football or the 'following' of his faith and making sure they are as well? ive heard the guy speak several times and he is obviously on a great path, but its pretty lopsided, and i question what good it does football wise. call me the devil or whatever, but this is nebraska football and its a big business in the end, not some outreach program. im not saying he cant do both, but it would seem ron's dedication is better suited to following his faith and spreadin it somewhere else other than a practice field.

that outta light some fires.

and canttakeitanymore...you are balls in my book, no matter how this turns out. pot was presented, and you sh#t in it. no getting off for you. +1 when i get some more.

brown has been hanging on for the sake of tom and the old regime anyways. love the man to death, but really where are his priorities? coaching these supreme athletes football or the 'following' of his faith and making sure they are as well? ive heard the guy speak several times and he is obviously on a great path, but its pretty lopsided, and i question what good it does football wise. call me the devil or whatever, but this is nebraska football and its a big business in the end, not some outreach program. im not saying he cant do both, but it would seem ron's dedication is better suited to following his faith and spreadin it somewhere else other than a practice field.

that outta light some fires.

and canttakeitanymore...you are balls in my book, no matter how this turns out. pot was presented, and you sh#t in it. no getting off for you. +1 when i get some more.

it's what rep is made off of, if he's right he gets mad props. even if i don't like the decisions.

even if he's wrong, he still gets props. he laid it out. everything and everyone else in the thread with supposed inside information is playing it close to the vest, which either means they are full of crap, or that they are full of crap that doesnt stink as bad. it means they dont trust it enough to bare it, or that they are completely making it up, hoping that something sticks that they can come back on and deliver an 'i told you so.'

even if he is wrong, the guy is playing his cards, not looking for short term accolades. canttakeitanymore put up a black and white. he's all in. thats about as manly as a message board post can get---

edit: (like my fourth one) i really had to try hard typing this semi-correctly.

posts like his are the true reason, or should be the true reason, message boards like this exist.

and come one guys...scaring off recruits...youre highly overestimating your effect. it all falls into somebody wanting to have some say. everyone wants to think they have an effect on the program. youre laughable.

i, or anyone, could easily start some thread on here that would make people think would scare away a recruit.

two ?'s

do you want a kid that is following us to base his decision on posts on this board....

and 2: its f'ing ridiculous. quit being so self important. if youre worried that anything, and i mean ANYTHING that supposedly comes out on this board will change a recruits perspective of the program...f#*k. i dont even have the words. if it does, is he the kind of kid we so highly talk about wanting to come to this program? i dont understand how some people on this board can be so smart yet so dumb.

• Fire 1

Winner, winner chicken dinner.... Captain Arby's himself...

Warioclassic.jpg

I like your avatar... Brock Sampson is the bomb

Hank Venture: [runs up and hugs Brock, who is in a S.P.H.I.N.X. uniform] Why are you here? Why are you wearing that? Why didn't you say goodbye to me? Why didn't you...

Brock Samson: Hank, Hank! Listen, buddy. You have to trust me. You can't tell anybody we were here, this is our little secret.

Hank Venture: Why did you leave me?

Brock Samson: Hank, I'll never leave you. But right now these guys need me a little more. You can share me, Hank, can't you? I mean, look how big you've gotten! I can barely get my hands around these shoulders!

Sergeant Hatred: [Offscreen, coming up the hill] Hank! Hank!

Hank Venture: I'm over here! It's okay, I'm with-

[Turns to find Brock gone]

Sergeant Hatred: [Picks up the knife Brock used to kill the Hitler dog] Hank, did you kill Hitler?

Hank Venture: No, it was... it was an angel.

Hank Venture: [runs up and hugs Brock, who is in a S.P.H.I.N.X. uniform] Why are you here? Why are you wearing that? Why didn't you say goodbye to me? Why didn't you...

Brock Samson: Hank, Hank! Listen, buddy. You have to trust me. You can't tell anybody we were here, this is our little secret.

Hank Venture: Why did you leave me?

Brock Samson: Hank, I'll never leave you. But right now these guys need me a little more. You can share me, Hank, can't you? I mean, look how big you've gotten! I can barely get my hands around these shoulders!

Sergeant Hatred: [Offscreen, coming up the hill] Hank! Hank!

Hank Venture: I'm over here! It's okay, I'm with-

[Turns to find Brock gone]

Sergeant Hatred: [Picks up the knife Brock used to kill the Hitler dog] Hank, did you kill Hitler?

Hank Venture: No, it was... it was an angel.

Brock: I can cross "Stab Hitler to death" off my list of cool crap I thought I'd never get to do.

ENOUGH!!!

but seriously...

enough. Bo's not coming onto the board between now and the "surprise". We have our theories, can't we just wait and see what happens?

NO!!!! I refuse to let this comedic thread of epic proportions die. The name calling and cat fighting of those trying to puff their chest out and provide their "inside info" and the others kicking them down a peg or two is just what I need on this frigid day.

All you young bucks keep on truckin. There is no way this thread dies. I will personally bump it to the topof the page every 15 minutes if necessary.

EPIC

What if the surprise is that Bubba Starling finally made his decision and it's to play Husker Football? Now THAT would be a great surprise!

I was shocked to see this myself. Everyone close to the program (former players, boosters, etc)had Els written in pen for the LB slot. Mostly because we need an addition special teams coach and he was strong in that area.

I'm not in love with Sanders like some people are (he's great at teaching technique) because he's been very scrutinized about how he picks his starters. He focuses too much on who has the best technique which is important but values that over who knows what the hell is going on or has the best skills. Bo has pretty much had to have him bench players the past two years and play different players. But at the same time I don't think he's a person you make a change with. But weirder things have happened. Turner Gill fired a long time friend and someone who was doing a great job with the defense in Jimmy Williams. Still I don't think this is the case.

Sanders probably lost his chance at DC after his last stint as DC. He was pretty horrible. Repeatedly he failed to put the right players on the field.