new girlfriend hates football

im so torn on what to do my new girlfriend (weve been official for 1 month) but had a on and off thing for a year does not like football, she wont watch it with me and doesn't even make an attempt to watch it or learn about it. Has anyone else ever been with a girl who doesnt like football and how did that work out??

This is an obvious character flaw. I say dump her before it gets too serious and she starts planing things (Visiting her mother or her brother/sister and their families. Weddings or other long drawn out events.) that conflict with Husker Games. This is not allowed in Husker Nation.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

• Fire 1

My view is this..that isn't good news, sorry. Especially if she doesn't even care to learn about it. There are plenty of women out there who like sports..you just have to find a woman who does:) Easier said than done, right?:) I am the type of woman though who wouldn't mind if a guy came up to me..chatted a bit..then if interested...asked me if I liked football, etc. If you see a girl that catches your eye.. go up and talk to her and check her out. Ask her questions...not all at once of course:) Some women like to play games and she may say yes if you ask her if she likes football... just so you will keep talking to her and buy her a beer????? Somehow..someway..squeeze in a question or 100:) about football and see if she knows the right answers..see how smart she is:) I know football though....was a cheerleader, ran track and played volleyball and saw alot of basketball also. Sports mean alot to me and it sounds like it means alot to you too so I would say bye bye to her and find a woman who enjoys football, etc. as much as you do:) Good Luck:) Knowing the way I am...I would be the one testing to see how smart he is when it comes to football lol

You have three options here:

1. Dump her now!

2. Tell her that during the husker games that you WILL be watching them and explain to her what that actually means and what days/months this pertains to. And that by no means will you stray off of this. Tell her that day is hers to go with her g/f's. But by no means can she ever plan anything on these days with you unless it is after the game (not before, because she will swindle the occasion to run over the starting time).

3. Dump her the 1st day of the game because she tried to plan something on that day and to test your manliness.

I am heavy into Sportbikes. Had a gf at the time (after 5 months) tell me it was either her or the bike. I pointed and told her there was the door. She asked "What?". Again, I said there is the door. She responded by saying she was only joking. I told her that I wasn't and pointed again.

I will never be pressured to give up what I love doing to keep me sane. There will always be a woman out there that has the same principals and won't make you sell your soul because she thinks she is the only thing that you need. Both men and women need an "out" to take a break from each other every once in awhile or your relationship will go down quick. If she doesn't understand the football thing and tries to get you away from it, then it is best to get out of it now.

I live in Oklahoma City and my current gf knows that I have season tickets to the Huskers and I will be attending it every home game (meaning that that weekend is nearly shot being with her because my dad and I go to the games and the travel time just sucks back and forth). She is okay with that and understands with no issues. I think this one might even be a keeper. Will update ya next year about this.

Danger, Will Robinson. I just had a year long relationship end where that ended up being a large issue at the end. She had zero interest in football,and at first it wasn't an issue if I watched the Huskers. Then things she wanted to do during the game times came up. And the 14 four hour time blocks were an issue for her. I wasnt even watching other games, just a quarter here and a half there.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have broken it off at a month. Ask yourself, does she get upset or annoyed when you watch football now? If the answer is 'yes' it will only get worse as time goes on. Your options for the 'yes' answer are either give up football or break up, 'cause one or the other will happen eventually.

Hmmm, doesn't sound too good.

Even if a woman doesn't like football, she should still cope with it just to make you happy. Her inability to do that makes me think you are in for more trouble down the road. If you truly like football, even if she doesn't, she should make efforts to at least accept it.

Also, since you asked. Maybe also ask yourself - what you do for her needs. Such as accepting the things she likes. If you are doing this for her and she doesn't reciprocate, then you know the answer to your own question. If you aren't meeting her needs, maybe you might need to examine your own dedication to her past times/interests and how that affects her views of yours.

Honestly if she's not willing to even try and understand what it is you like about football, you've been in this relationship for a month longer than you should have been. Plenty of other women who love the game as much as you do.

And plenty more that will at least tolerate it

I generally only have girlfriends during the off-season when I get bored (too busy going to games and jacking around, amongst other things during football season) and then break up once summer starts and I start doing fun outdoor things again and I start to see scantily clad girls at the pool. Try this approach.