Did Bo bungle the presser?

sbhusker

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose yes, a little, but who cares.

He was in the right because this presser was to deal only with recruiting. The reporters were wrong (albeit doing their jobs) to stray from the topic.

He was in the wrong because he flat-out lied about staff changes. A simple 'no comment' or I'm not going to address that right now is fine, but to lie and say nothing has changed when we know it has really irks me.

Haha, true, I guess you have to give the last guy (Sherman, I think?) some credit for trying to tie it back into recruiting: something like "Would staff changes be something that you think you should address with recruits?"

Interestingly, from what I have read on here (so far), nobody seems to be questioning whether making staff changes after LOI's are in would undermine the trust between recruits and the HC/University that Bo mentioned as being even more important than who recruits' position coaches will be. It seems like most of the "He messed up and it was pretty bad" advocates are taking it personally, worrying about how his "gaffe" (if there was one) might offend fans, rather than how current and future recruits might react. Am I wrong?

If he mentions one thing about the coaching staff he takes the day away from welcoming the university's newest football players (and probably eats into a few other universities national recruiting coverage as that would become a big CFB story of the day).

He was absolutely right to not address that line of questioning today. It wasn't his fault it slipped out from Indiana in the first place.

I know there are already several threads in which this topic is being argued but maybe we can try to quantify the "tenor of the fanbase" (or at least the message boarders among us) and see who truly is...dun dun dun..."out of touch"?

Well played sir!

yes a little but I don't care over here

BTW- we signed a pretty good class today.

I think it's kind of being assumed that the recruits have known about whatever is going to happen

gotcha, good point.

But wait...that means Bo LIED to the press! *gasp*

...If you want to think of it that way. Mind you that the press is Bo's only outlet to the fans. Well, the press along with his ..ahem.. sideline demeanor.