Jon Garrison

From Jon Garrison's bio. He had 271 pancake (remember that term?) blocks in his career. Maybe he could teach Barney a thing or two since he thinks of pancakes only as food.

2002 Second-Team All-Big 12 (Kansas City Star, Dallas Morning News)

2002 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches, Associated Press)

2002 Tom Novak Award Winner

2001 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (AP)

2000 Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Academic Honor Roll

Garrison played on Solich's 7-7 team.

Promoting from within helps keep things from changing drastically...but isn't that what this offense needs? Drastic Changes? I don't understand how keeping the same people that we had last year is going to improve things. Wasn't Garrison here last year working with our OL? I think this offense needs new voices. JMO

Love that we are getting another OL coach in here. :facepalm: at the fact it is another guy who played under Tenopir and Cotton.

If we were running power-I, then great and maybe it would make some sense. But since Bo wants a hybrid offense of Oregon/Florida, then what is the point? Another Barney who will be teaching while he learns himself? Just get a guy in here who has taught and understands spread option blocking principles. Or am I asking too much?

Love that we are getting another OL coach in here. :facepalm: at the fact it is another guy who played under Tenopir and Cotton.

If we were running power-I, then great and maybe it would make some sense. But since Bo wants a hybrid offense of Oregon/Florida, then what is the point? Another Barney who will be teaching while he learns himself? Just get a guy in here who has taught and understands spread option blocking principles. Or am I asking too much?

I'm pretty damn underwhelmed with how things appear to be going down.

What did you expect? Did we expect Bo to hand the offense over to someone he didn't know or trust? I wouldn't do that if it was my job on the line. Did we expect a proven offensive coach to come to NU as co-OC without play-calling duties? I wouldn't come to an unproven offense for that position, it is just a fancy title.

This is about what I was hoping for. Tim Beck deserves this opportunity and I am excited to see what he can do.

What did you expect? Did we expect Bo to hand the offense over to someone he didn't know or trust? I wouldn't do that if it was my job on the line. Did we expect a proven offensive coach to come to NU as co-OC without play-calling duties? I wouldn't come to an unproven offense for that position, it is just a fancy title.

This is about what I was hoping for. Tim Beck deserves this opportunity and I am excited to see what he can do.

1. This thread was about Garrison. I hope he proves me wrong and turns out to be a steal but I think we could've done more with the hire than an intern. The O needs real work.

2. HC's hire guys they haven't worked with all the time. Frank didn't know Bo and I don't think Bo had a problem with that hire.

3. Co-OC is significantly more than just a title. Not as good as primary OC of-course but I do think we could've gotten an experienced, credible guy to come-in and help Beck.