Jon Garrison

So Jon Garrison's name is popping up as the new coach to be added. Some are dogging his experience but how different is it for him to go from an intern compared to Dan Young moving up from high school to coach the O-Line? While Cotton falls far short to Milt Tenopir they would likely divide the duties like Tenopir and Young did. Likely Cotton would concentrate on the run blocking and Garrison would work on the passing game.

So is this the intern that we've been hearing about possibly getting promoted? I had thought that maybe they would go with Beck as OC/QB Coach, Ron Brown coaches WR/TE, get a new RB Coach (my first thought is Fort Scott Head Coach Jeff Sims) and a second OL coach, or an assistant OL Coach. Garrison would then make sense, especially if the new Recruiting Coordinator would be Barney, and he needs help with the O-Line because of new duties.

Since Beck is gonna be our next OC. I think it is EXTREMELY important to get the guys Beck wants as coaches on offense. Coaching chemistry is just as important if not more than the players on the field. If nobody is getting along in North Stadium it doesnt matter what happens on the field. 2008 was the honeymoon year 9 wins everybody was happy. Now in 2010, 10 wins wasnt enough to satisfy everybody involved plus to add in our problems on offense, a change was on the horizon. Success breeds expectations.

I think garrison would be a good hire on offense. Pelini has a proven track record of taken grad assists or interns to full time roles, see Ekeler and Papuhius.