What Ubben will miss about Nebraska

knapplc

Nice piece in parting by Dubbs:

What I'll miss about Nebraska

We're saying goodbye to Nebraska on the blog today, and I took some time to list a few of the things I'll miss most about the Huskers.

The fans. Easily No. 1 on my list. Huskers fans are everywhere. Home and away, I can't go anywhere on campus on a game weekend without running into Huskers fans. They e-mail endlessly. They know and love their team. As a group, they're what every fan base should aspire to be.

Later down the list he mentions Lazlo's. At least he has his priorities in order. :thumbs

The multi-turf at Memorial Stadium. I'm a sucker for it. Deal with it. It looks cool, and nobody else in the Big 12 has it.

The two-toned turf has only been around a few years. But I really like it.

a few? or like almost 10? i didnt care for it at first, but i love it now. it says, hey, we got fake turf and were not gonna hide it, and we might as well have some reserved fun with it.

im seriously asking here. i think it has been longer than a few years tho.

Not a bad list, but it's Sirius by the Alan Parsons Project.

Eye in the Sky has lyrics "I am the eye in the sky, looking at you, I can read your mind" Kind of a mellow tune, doesn't really get you pumped up for anything.

The turf is actually a throwback to the 60's. The grass back then was different shades of green every five yards, like now. My grandpa and I argued how they got it that way. I said they planted different kinds of grass. He insisted it was just the direction it was mowed. (Somebody used to mow the Memorial Stadium grass. Wow, think about that!) We never did find out. If we had ever just walked over to the West Stadium and checked to see if the colors were opposite it would have proved him right.

Lazlo's is good, the steaks are good, but the beer is better.

• Fire 1

Not a bad list, but it's Sirius by the Alan Parsons Project.

Eye in the Sky has lyrics "I am the eye in the sky, looking at you, I can read your mind" Kind of a mellow tune, doesn't really get you pumped up for anything.

The turf is actually a throwback to the 60's. The grass back then was different shades of green every five yards, like now. My grandpa and I argued how they got it that way. I said they planted different kinds of grass. He insisted it was just the direction it was mowed. (Somebody used to mow the Memorial Stadium grass. Wow, think about that!) We never did find out. If we had ever just walked over to the West Stadium and checked to see if the colors were opposite it would have proved him right.

Lazlo's is good, the steaks are good, but the beer is better.

It's all in the mowing. It's the same as golf courses.

i didnt care for it at first, but i love it now. it says, hey, we got fake turf and were not gonna hide it, and we might as well have some reserved fun with it.

as opposed to some OTHER teams we can mention...

brocos-stadium.jpg

4d0bb0a9375c9.image.jpg

That red turf looks like fire, and I wish it really was on fire.