So... Which position benefits most from the new staff?

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious what how you guys think this will all shake out. We all know who's getting hired now and we've all put in our two cents about that. But how do you think these new coaches will actually affect the players' growth and development? Obviously, you have to take into account player attrition (i.e., losing Alex means our special teams PROBABLY won't get better), and the influx of the new recruits, but...

Also I realize it's difficult since we don't really know who's going to be coaching what on offense as of yet. When making this poll, I'm thinking Fisher is going to be the RB coach, Garrison will be the second OL coach, and Ron Brown will become the new WR/TE coach. Bearing that in mind, my personal vote goes to WR. Ben Cotton and Kyler Reed have progressed nicely under his tutelage. Now, if Ben could just cut down on dumb personal fouls/getting molested in the huddle...

I hope it's the offensive line. Teams are built from the line back - with great lines, you can get aways with less than All-Americans at other positions. And one thing I think the line has lacked the last few years is technique. I'm cautiously optomistic that Garrison's hire will fix that - his career was built on knowledge and technique, not great athletic ability. Couple those qualities with the kind of offensive line studs that have been recruited, and we could see a major improvement in the line.

I voted for the OL but maybe I should have given the vote to WR since the 2 OL coaches have been their all ready. I know the question was not asked but I think the DB may lose the most in this shuffle and only due to the fact we had one of the best DB coaches in the College football. Looking forward to 2011 season

Had the O-line been more consistent, less penalty prone, and simply more dominant, Shawn Watson would probably still be here, and we'd all be celebrating a Big 12 championship and BCS bowl win. We'll see how everything goes, but I'm still very skeptical of Barney having anything to do with the line.

One thing I do like about Garrison is that he played under Milt and Dan. For some reason, I got the impression somewhere along the line that he played under Cotton during his time here. Not true. Garrison graduated in 2002; Cotton was here for a year in 2003.

Having a Barney student helping Barney coach might've gotten a bit... redundant.

I voted for the OL but maybe I should have given the vote to WR since the 2 OL coaches have been their all ready. I know the question was not asked but I think the DB may lose the most in this shuffle and only due to the fact we had one of the best DB coaches in the College football. Looking forward to 2011 season

I disagree on that one Redmusky.

I do have tremendous respect for Sanders but I will tell you that I expect very little drop-off if any at all when Raymond has the keys to the car.

I have not voted, but I would go with either the WR/OL. Word around town is that Garrison is an up and comer and I do think that Fisher very well could be an up-grade from Gilmore.

I really think Tim Beck is going to bring a lot to the table. I am very interested to see if he will go more no-huddle now that he has control. I really hope so. A no-huddle in the Big Ten? I think it could be very-very lethal. Especially if we get the match-ups we want, say a Kenny Bell or a Jamal Turner on a LB in a no-huddle hurry up situation? Hello!