2010-11 Huskerboard User Choice Awards!

Landlord

20. Honorable Mention Award

Who do you think will garner some votes in some categories but still not win? Or who do you think is just generally an awesome contributor but doesn't fall into any of these categories?

Walksalone for "what" really gets the d-bags all upset.

SECOND! his timing is what makes them :rollin

2. Best thread

Which thread in the last year or so did you like the most?

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/46355-chrewy-chips-ahoy/

Hands down.

This one was classic, but we have all had that moment when we fell down in front of the computer piss drunk and decided that we were going write the best thought out reply to a thread in manner that resembles Bulgarian.

However, for me it's an easy toss-up between

1. Big Suprise??? Ubber Thread

This thread really peaked at it's eepicness about pages 3-5 but was great. There were +1's giving out like every post. It was classic, and deserved a spot on the Huskerboard starting line-up(damn you knapplc, and your dang rules :sarcasm )

2. The Shawn Watson Quips Pure Brilliance

Started in November and pushing 24 pages. Anytime you need a pick me up, pick any page and you'll find many a good chuckle.

2. Best thread

Hands down.

This one was classic, but we have all had that moment when we fell down in front of the computer piss drunk and decided that we were going write the best thought out reply to a thread in manner that resembles Bulgarian.

This thread really peaked at it's eepicness about pages 3-5 but was great. There were +1's giving out like every post. It was classic, and deserved a spot on the Huskerboard starting line-up(damn you knapplc, and your dang rules :sarcasm )

Started in November and pushing 24 pages. Anytime you need a pick me up, pick any page and you'll find many a good chuckle.

I 2nd thread #1. That was a train-wreck, dumpster fire, and cluster f*ck in a 7 page dissertation which finely points out what is wrong with the majority of us, here on the board.

This board, anytime somebody starts a "rumor" or anything remotely resembling that, becomes one giant neurotic Seinfeld episode...

wouldn't have it any other way...

2. Best thread

Hands down.

2nd the clever quips about shawn watson thread. I dont know wat Id do w/o that thread

3. Best "Visiting Team" fan?

Which regular poster who owes allegiance to another team do you feel is most valuable to the board?

NOMINATE: HogFan.

This asshat was a laugh a post. Tragicly once Charles Jackson's fax went to the wrong school of his "guarantee" he was never seen or heard from again. For shame.

Which regular poster who owes allegiance to another team do you feel is most valuable to the board?

NOMINATE: HogFan.

This asshat was a laugh a post. Tragicly once Charles Jackson's fax went to the wrong school of his "guarantee" he was never seen or heard from again. For shame.

2nd.

Guy could not take the heat.

8. Best graphic/media designer (not limited to signature or avatars)?

Who makes the best all around graphics (not limited to avatars or signatures)? This could include wallpapers, phone backgrounds, videos, etc.

Nominate: gobiggergoredder for his hilarious photoshops in the movie graphic threads. Most namely BeatenMack Mounting

Let's give this a go. Not being completely thorough here, but some well deserved props to be handed out, and that's what these User Choice Awards are for, hey?

1. Best new person

I don't have that great a sense of how new everyone is. I'll give a shout out to Hercules here.

2. Best thread

Oh, this has got to be the chrewy chips ahoy thread. I like nominating differently if I can help it, but come now :)

fro daddy, but we have a bunch of great fans from different programs who have visited here.

4. MVP Award

HSKRNOKC gets my pick here. He's been a big part of this board and loves it a great deal.

5. Favorite avatar

GMoose :)

6. Favorite sig

I like sdhusker82's.

7. Best ava/sig maker

killer cacti. He made my avatar. And probably like 40 other guys' :P

Gonna give this one to eliot on the mods team.

9. Most Husker knowledge?

skersfan, he's like an encyclopedia. Always like listening to his opinions.

10. Most Life knowledge?

Interesting category, but I think I'll pass.

14. Biggest fan

What happened to 11, 12, and 13? ;) We are all fans here of one program or another, so I'm going to take a complete shot in the dark here. AngryHusker88. He's nothing if not passionate.

15. Most underrated

I'll nominate one of the admins, Eric the Red. All those guys do a lot to keep HB together and running, even if they aren't posting in the football forum all the time.

16. Class Clown

AR Husker Fan tries to be, but we all know he is a soul-sucking lawyer. So I gotta hand this to his frequent victim, BIGREDIOWAN, who takes it like a champ and keeps diggin' his own hole anyway :P

17. Best mod/admin

Knapp. Seriously, guy is all over the place and on top of things

19. Most likely to take over the world

Let's go with iruletheskool here. We all know 'school' is just the first step. And that adorable cartoon avatar isn't really fooling anyone, you know.

Tons of room to name guys here. I came up with an arbitrary number -3- and I'll try to throw out three names for various categories. Presenting, then...

Most impressive use of Mike Gundy rant references: EZ-E

Best username: BigWillie

Most likely to actually be a machine: Nexus

And of course, last but hardly least...especially since there's 4 of 'em -

11, 12, 13, and 18. Best User's Choice Awards of 2010-2011

Ahhhhh, so that's where those numbers went. Forget Softpeadia or the Adjustable Driver 2010 challenge. This one goes hands down to Landlord's Huskerboard User Choice Awards 2010-2011! Way to go Landlord!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys thanks for some of the love from this thread. I have been MIA since the end of the season. I had/have a lot of life and family things going on since then, so Huskerboard took a back seat, but I'll be back in September. Hope all is well in Huskerland.

1. Best new person

Gotta go with my main man Po Belini. He's the man

2. Best thread

Too many to name.

Killer Cacti - not even close

4. MVP Award

Nexus. This board would be nothing without him.

5. Favorite avatar

Tie - irieboy and kc_huskerchris

6. Favorite sig

I've always loved eliot's; the one with the downtown lincoln skyline silhouette. Landlord's old one was awesome as well

7. Best ava/sig maker

tie - Landlord and cacti

epocson

9. Most Husker knowledge?

Hard to say, with most of this board centering on opinion. I'm sure our older folk 'round here know there stuff pretty darn well.

15. Most underrated

AR Husker Fan and Eric the Red. They make the board run like a well-oiled machine

16. Class Clown

Rawhide

17. Best mod/admin

The knappster. He's everywhere

19. Most likely to take over the world

Tuff Tiger

EZ-E for all he does in the recruiting forums.

zoogies just because he's the shiz.

blaze1up for how attractive his posts make this board. (Or used to <_< )

nuance. Nuff said

• Fire 1