2010-11 Huskerboard User Choice Awards!

Landlord

Hey guys! Since we've got a good long lull in the offseason and we just got done with a voting/awards kind of competition, I've been given the go-ahead to start another! We tried getting this done a few years back but didn't get around to it, I've had this on another board that I frequent and it's usually a lot of fun. Here's the rundown:

We've got a list of 20 questions/categories that are to be voted upon by us, the users. They are as follows:

1. Best new person

Who is the best new user we've had recently?

2. Best thread

Which thread in the last year or so did you like the most?

3. Best "Visiting Team" fan?

Which regular poster who owes allegiance to another team do you feel is most valuable to the board?

4. MVP Award

Which person on these forums do you like the most?

5. Favorite avatar

Who has or had the best avatar? (this year)

6. Favorite sig

Who has or had the best signature? (this year)

7. Best ava/sig maker

Who makes the best avatars and/or signatures?

8. Best graphic/media designer (not limited to signature or avatars)?

Who makes the best all around graphics (not limited to avatars or signatures)? This could include wallpapers, phone backgrounds, videos, etc.

9. Most Husker knowledge?

Who do you think knows the most about Nebraska tradition, trivia, and past?

10. Most Life knowledge?

Who do you think exhibits the most insight into life experiences, being a human being, practical advice on various situations and etc.?

14. Biggest fan

Who is the biggest Cornhusker fan you know?

15. Most underrated

Who is the most underrated in terms of what they do for the board?

16. Class Clown

Who is the most humorous guy on Huskerboard? The one that can make a joke about anything?

17. Best mod/admin

Who is the best moderator or admin?

19. Most likely to take over the world

Which member is most likely to rule the planet?

20. Honorable Mention Award

Who do you think will garner some votes in some categories but still not win? Or who do you think is just generally an awesome contributor but doesn't fall into any of these categories?

We're gonna start with nominations first. To nominate a person/thread/moment/whatever, post on this thread with the number of the category/question you're referring to and your nomination. You can have nominations for any and all of the 20 questions that you want, feel free to pick and choose. If a person seconds your nomination, then the nominated person/thread/whatever will be entered into the voting process, which will begin after a two week nomination period.

Once voting starts, once again post with the number of the question you're referring to and which of the finalists you would like to vote for. After a week of voting, I'll tally them up and we will have a gold, silver and bronze winner for each category. Winners will receive small sig banners designed by me :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Let the nominations begin!

Edit: Oh yeah, no nominations for yourself. Let's practice some humility people :P

2. Best thread

I nominate the thread started by epocson having to do with the video of Eric Martin's hit on the Okie State guy.

I'm looking for the link right now, just wanted to get my nomination in.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48213-why-posting-a-youtube-link-on-your-article-is-busche-league/

I second that.

2. Best thread

I nominate the thread started by epocson having to do with the video of Eric Martin's hit on the Okie State guy.

I'm looking for the link right now, just wanted to get my nomination in.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48213-why-posting-a-youtube-link-on-your-article-is-busche-league/

I second that.

Ah you're a little lot quicker with the search.

Got another nomination.

10. Most Life knowledge?

Who do you think exhibits the most insight into life experiences, being a human being, practical advice on various situations and etc.?

Husker_x

5. Favorite avatar

16. Class Clown

Who is the most humorous guy on Huskerboard? The one that can make a joke about anything?

I nominate drowning in the sea of red for both. I can't take him seriously with his avatar, it just makes me laugh and the things he posts make me laugh too.

1. Best new person

Who is the best new user we've had recently?

We've had a LOT of new members this year who have really contributed a great deal to the board. Folks I've been very impressed with are...

PaulCrewe

Blaze1up

Hercules

GMoose

da skers

girlknowsfootball

I know there are others I'm forgetting, mostly because they've joined in the flow of things so seamlessly that they seem like long-time members, so my apologies. If I didn't list you, likely it's because I just forget you're "new."

Having a coin-flipping tournament here (seriously) to determine a nominee.....

girlknowsfootball gets my nomination after many flips of the coin. Funny, because although she's definitely worthy of a nomination, she's the one of that group I've had the least interaction with.

2. Best thread

The epically huge QB discussion thread from last August. QB Race. One of the most hotly debated, passionate topics I remember from this board since the end of the Callahan Era.

3. Best "Visiting Team" fan?

Which regular poster who owes allegiance to another team do you feel is most valuable to the board?

Killer Cacti, with fro a close second. The only reason fro isn't tied with KC is it seems like he hasn't been around as much lately. Don't leave us, fro!

4. MVP Award

Which person on these forums do you like the most?

Tough one! I "like" pretty much everyone on the board (which is why I hang out here so much). GMoose and a couple of the Admins are the only guys I've actually met in real life, so frankly I'm not even sure most of you truly exist (I have suspicions that some of you are actually hallucinations - I'd name names, but I think you know who you are <_< ).

After some more thought, I'm not answering this one. No way I could narrow it down to just one guy.

5. Favorite avatar

I've had to adblock several avatars because of work and having a child at home who likes to look at HB over my shoulder, so help me out here - who's the guy with the blond in the shower? That's my nomination. Will edit when someone helps with the name.

EDIT - Irieboy8. Thanks, KC.

6. Favorite sig

Who has or had the best signature? (this year)

GMoose's sig is simple but awesome.

LINK

7. Best ava/sig maker

Who makes the best avatars and/or signatures?

I'm not terribly well-versed in the makers of graphics here, but I'll nominate Landlord. I see a lot of folks sporting Landlord sigs, so he gets my nomination.

8. Best graphic/media designer (not limited to signature or avatars)?

Who makes the best all around graphics (not limited to avatars or signatures)? This could include wallpapers, phone backgrounds, videos, etc.

epocSon, without question.

9. Most Husker knowledge?

Who do you think knows the most about Nebraska tradition, trivia, and past?

Does anyone know more past trivia than skersfan? Nexus knows a ton. EZ-E knows a lot, including insider tidbits. I'm going to nominate da skers, though. The guy knows stuff. He's connected. He knows the past and details most people don't know about the present. And best of all, even though he knows more than the average joe, there's no smugness about it. There's none of that irksome "I know more than you" vibe in his posts. He just tells what he knows, plus he has the discernment to know what NOT to say. That's a very impressive, invaluable asset.

10. Most Life knowledge?

T_O_Bull has a lot of life experience and we could all learn a lot by listening to him.

14. Biggest fan

Who is the biggest Cornhusker fan you know?

Craigsker! The sheer stick-to-it-iveness he showed over several months in the 10/16/10 countdown thread was impressive.

15. Most underrated

Who is the most underrated in terms of what they do for the board?

HSKRNOKC was a long-time Moderator here and, along with AR Husker Fan, was the "face" of HuskerBoard for me when I first joined up. He's retired from modding now, but he's never gotten the public atta-boy that I always felt he deserved. The man did a sh#t-ton of work around here, and HuskerBoard wouldn't be the great place it is today without the work he did back in the day.

16. Class Clown

Roxy15. Not a lot of joking around going on here - we tend to take our Huskers quite seriously - but Roxy has been contributing a lot of jokes lately.

17. Best mod/admin

Who is the best moderator or admin?

This would have to be AR Husker Fan or zoogies. AR does a LOT of behind-the-scenes stuff that you guys don't know about; he is the grease on the gears of HuskerBoard. zoogies and I disagree a lot on football stuff, but I respect his opinions and he's a lot of fun to discuss stuff with, and his opinions are always a worthy read. Also as a Mod zoogies has done quite a few things in the background that have helped smooth this version of HB out, and as problems crop up he's always in the thick of things getting them fixed, either hands-on or with solid ideas. Literally flipping a coin here and.... heads. zoogies gets my nomination. But AR is very worthy as well.

19. Most likely to take over the world

Which member is most likely to rule the planet?

Carlfense. He's got the moves, he's got the talent, and he's one smart cookie. I have yet to see a conversation he's been involved in, whether it's in Husker Football, the Lounge, Politics & Religion, or wherever, that he cannot speak intelligently about. In fact, he's often the 'smartest guy in the room.' I take part in some of those conversations and I often feel like I'm the Pinky to his Brain. What is Carlfense going to do tonight? The same thing he does every night - try to take over the world!

20. Honorable Mention Award

Who do you think will garner some votes in some categories but still not win? Or who do you think is just generally an awesome contributor but doesn't fall into any of these categories?

bshirt. Could list a lot of people here, the unsung heroes who contribute a lot but don't get a lot of back-pats, but bshirt is a guy I converse with a lot, who has solid points/arguments in discussions, and doesn't get a lot of publicity (that I notice). I was surprised that several people didn't get voted into positions on Starting Lineup, and bshirt was one of the ones atop that list.

5. Favorite avatar

I've had to adblock several avatars because of work and having a child at home who likes to look at HB over my shoulder, so help me out here - who's the guy with the blond in the shower? That's my nomination. Will edit when someone helps with the name.

I believe that would be irie.

We've got a list of 20 questions/categories that are to be voted upon by us, the users.

Just wanted to point out 11-13 are missing and so is 18. Not sure if they were supposed to be there or not...

Hey, step off Landlord, he's making a "nonlinear" top 20....

Yeah....what he said... :P No idea how that happened to be entirely honest, but we can roll with it.